PDA

View Full Version : Extra Magic

disneyduggan
03-15-2008, 10:00 AM
Is there a way to know exactly how late parks are open for Extra Magic Hours?

For example, lets say I am going to AK on July 21...I know it is a night they are open late, but is there anywhere the actual hours for that day would be posted?

It would help to know as I make my ADR...thanks for any info!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Even though it says "open up to 3 hours after park closing"; you can almost guarantee that it will be 3 hours. I have never seen or heard of them not keeping it open the full 3 hours. Like other on here have said in reference to EMH, the "up to" part is just to cover Disney's butt in case they need to close earlier for whatever reason. But you can pretty much count on it being 3 hours after closing (i.e. AK closes at 5 on an EMH day, EMH people get it until 8).

Mrs Bus Driver
03-15-2008, 01:42 PM
I to have wondered how late they stay open. I'm planning on going late Sept early Oct and thought they might just stay open for extra hour but 3 hours will make the trip extra special. I really like going when the parks are not crowded.:thumbsup::mickey:

disneyduggan
03-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Thank you! We will guesstimate the extra 3 and schedule it out that way!

Planning is so fun!

TinaAndGlenn
03-15-2008, 05:21 PM
On our most recent trip we had Extra Magic hours in the AM & PM. We were at MGM @ 7AM & left MK @ Midnight! It was a long fun day! My kids (Late teens, early 20s) stayed at MK til 2AM & got great pictures from the Disney Photo Pass! It was pratically a ghost town. They could not make it to park closing-which was 4AM! It was a short trip across the lake to Fort Wilderness for them. Love the Extra Magic Hours!:mickey:

dumbo ears
03-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Ya evening EMH are 3 hours long and morning EMH are 1 hour long. The best place to see all the listing for the times of parks is disneyworld.com under calender

LudwigVonDrake
03-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Last July we were in the MK during EMH at 1:30 in the morning and we rode Big Thunder Mountain three times in a row without getting off. If you can stay up that late, crowds thin out and lines are non-existent :mickey:

disneyduggan
03-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Maybe I'll adjust my touring plan to allow for a little late afternoon nap! Then late night might be a possibility for us...at least until midnight anyway!

IDreamofEeyore
03-17-2008, 03:21 PM
We love EMH! For me the parks are their most magical first thing in the morning and after dark (although I feel the magic all day long! :cloud9:). EMHs are a great way to enjoy the parks with fewer fellow guests and when the weather is cooler if you are there during the warmer months. We tend to start out early...take a swim or nap break and then hit the parks again just before EMH begins in the evening. And we've never been at an evening EMH that lasted less than 3 hours.