PDA

View Full Version : Cameras On Splash Mountain

laguna
03-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Hey guys, I'm wondering what you do to protect your cameras on rides such as Splash Mountain? Is there enough water to ruin the camera? Thanks for any info.!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-14-2008, 07:39 PM
I usually throw it in my bag and put my bag under my legs. It's never had a problem. I've alwasy gotten soaked though.

BronxTigger
03-14-2008, 08:03 PM
I always bring a few ziplok bags (quart and gallon size) that I use to put my electronics in during rain storms and water rides. A quart size is usually plenty big enough for my cell phone and camera. I also stick my little pocket notepad in the bag so it won't get wet. I can't have my trip notes get ruined either!

dumbo ears
03-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Well I either put it in my pocket or only take pics when there is no drops coming and I have time to take a pic.

Quasimodo
03-14-2008, 08:20 PM
A good quality camera bag is sufficient to protect your camera on Splash Mountain. Just make sure its zipped up.

AHOTE
03-14-2008, 08:52 PM
I always bring a few ziplok bags (quart and gallon size) that I use to put my electronics in during rain storms and water rides. A quart size is usually plenty big enough for my cell phone and camera. I also stick my little pocket notepad in the bag so it won't get wet. I can't have my trip notes get ruined either!

Ditto for that. :thumbsup:

bruin1344
03-14-2008, 10:29 PM
just dont sit in the front, you will get drenched

kakn7294
03-14-2008, 10:45 PM
My camera has never gotten wet inside my bag - however, I won't take a chance and put it in a ziplock baggie inside my bag just in case. I also throw the cell phone in with it. You could potentially get wet enough to do some damage.

Magic Smiles
03-14-2008, 10:46 PM
I actually video taped it this last trip. Just put a zip lock bag over the video camera when it came time to get wet. The video tape turned out pretty good. The other cameras were in camera bags and/or in the backpack. All were fine and dry.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-15-2008, 12:52 AM
You know, I made the mistake once of taking my cell phone to BB with me. And I had it in my board shorts....and I rented a locker, put everything inside the locker, took the key with me and me and my friends went to ride Teamboat Springs. We had a blast until the ride ended and we were getting our photo taken when I felt something vibrating against my leg.

Needless to say, I had somehow forgot the phone when I was putting things in the locker and the phone was pretty new and since it was water damage, it wasn't covered by the warrenty.

But I've never had a problem on Splash, even when I was sitting in the front and center.

Here we go again...
03-15-2008, 01:10 AM
Ziplock bags are one of the first things that go in our suitcase. They fold up easy and go in the pocket... better safe than sorry!

Jonas_Swe
03-15-2008, 06:29 AM
:ditto:

We packed everything we needed for the day in a weather safe fanny pack and never had a problem. It's for the flights to and from a vacation I pack every thing sensitive into plastic zip lock bags. I would really hate it if something got ruined inside the suitcase. Like having ALL my Disney t-shirts smelling like the same after shave, or even worse... smelling like sun lotion! :pout:

Grumpy Old Fool
03-16-2008, 07:24 PM
In case you would like to take photos or video on Splash Mountain, a company called Dry Pak makes very inexpensive waterproof pouches that work very well. I bought one for my camcorder years ago for $32 and have gotten footage on SM, KRR, in the pools and even underwater (they're rated to 10 feet, though I've never had mine that deep. Here's a link to their website:

http://www.drypakcase.com/

ASweetLov
03-17-2008, 01:13 PM
I keep my camera and cell phone inside a ziploc bag and put it in my backpack purse and then I put my purse in one of those bags they give you in disney where they would bag your souveniers and tie a knot on the top

Epcot fan 421
03-17-2008, 03:03 PM
I've brought my camera on Splash Mountain quite a few times. I usually tape the final drop, just at the end I put the camera down and cover it with my arms and hands. I've never got it wet, and if anything it's just a little spray.

Von-Drake
03-17-2008, 03:08 PM
My camera goes into the fanny pack we usually take. Of course if I take pictures during the ride I make sure the flash is off.

GINNY69
03-17-2008, 06:20 PM
I usually just have my camera in the camera case inside my little backpack. It never got wet. I like the idea of the ziplock bags though I will have to remember that in June when I go !!!

PirateLover
03-18-2008, 01:12 AM
ziplock bags are probably your best bet, but we've never had any issues using regular book bags or plastic bags. The one time we videod the ride, we had the entire camera covered with a plastic bag except for the lens. It received no damage except for some drops on the lens.

Jeri Lynn
03-18-2008, 08:51 AM
I have always kept my camera right in my very fashionable hip pack :blush:lol...I also wear a rain poncho while on the water rides so I have never had a problem with my camera or cell phone getting wet.

elmjimmlm
03-18-2008, 09:27 AM
I actually video taped it this last trip. Just put a zip lock bag over the video camera when it came time to get wet. The video tape turned out pretty good.

My sister in law did this too and it turned out great...She didnt have any water damage because of it...She also did this on KRR...If it can survive that, I know it can handle SM...

readytogo2
03-19-2008, 07:58 PM
We take Water Proof Cameras and the pictures turned out great. They sell them down there i think and oyu can use them if you go to BB TL