PDA

View Full Version : Computers in room??

ltam16
03-14-2008, 05:14 PM
I read on another site that there are computers in the redon Contemporary rooms. I'll be staying in a tower room in April and was wondering if this was true.

If so, what are the fees for internet usage? I'd love to do my trip reports...if I'm not too exhausted!

Niecyboo
03-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Last April when we stayed at the Contemporary they did have free computers with free internet in the rooms. They were trying out a new system where you could request housekeeping services via computer, and they said that it would be free during the trial run. When I was there in December touring the resort, they still had a letter in each room stating that the computers and internet were free. That could change at any time, though.

Disnamic Duo
03-17-2008, 03:53 PM
We were there last week of January. We had a computer with free internet access. It was great!

jakeybake
03-17-2008, 03:56 PM
I really wish they had internet at the beach club. But I bet you would be in the pool the whole time.

wedway76
03-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Free use of a computer is great! I would be happy with free wi-fi.

DDuck66
03-19-2008, 09:25 AM
I wonder if the other Delux Resorts will start adding that as a perk. It would be one less bag to have to carry. As mentioned above, I would be happy with free wifi.

TammiMcMan
03-19-2008, 12:37 PM
I wonder if the other Delux Resorts will start adding that as a perk.I don't think so. Both the Poly and the GF were very recently renovated and neither of these resorts were given in room computers. If you look at resort "themes", they really do fit into the Contemporary, but not so much the others.

laughingplace<3
03-19-2008, 03:50 PM
I stayed at a remodeled room at the Contemporary right when they began remodeling them- our room was the first one done. That was summer of 2006, and we had a computer in the room, but the internet wasn't free. I think it was $10 for a 24 hour period or something at the time, and the computer was really fast. I don't know how it is now so I can't help you with that, but they were very nice computers with unbelieveably fast service. :)

em-n-mia's-mommy
03-20-2008, 12:36 AM
we stayed at the contemporary in september and we had a computer with free usage in our room. Now we kept trying the feature where you could order room service on the computer but it would not work then. I enjoyed being able to get on and still read my local newspaper and of course check my ebay sales..lol. It wouldnt let me go to places like myspace and facebook.