PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I'm new!

Mrs. Bee
03-14-2008, 05:04 PM
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hello everyone. I'm new to this message board and I just wanted to introduce myself. :)

Hi!

Jenemmy
03-14-2008, 05:20 PM
:wave::welcome::wave:

Welcome aboard -- careful....this place is addictive!!! You'll love it, though!

I was also in WDW this past January, and it already feels like it has been YEARS since I've been there!

Jeff G
03-14-2008, 05:28 PM
:welcome:

With all of the trips between the two worlds and now living in the midwest you found the perfect online place to fill your Disney void. Everyone on here is so friendly so I'm sure you'll have a great experience :rocks:.

Mrs. Bee
03-14-2008, 05:31 PM
Uh-oh...I have an addictive personality so by the end of the night, I'm sure I'll already be addicted to this place...haha.

Jen, what days were you at WDW? Where did you stay? We were at Port Orleans Riverside January 24th - 30th.

Mrs. Bee
03-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Hi again.

DisFan01
03-14-2008, 05:37 PM
WELCOME TO INTERCOT!
:rocks:

I hope you feel right at home here! And, yes, you can easily become addicted to this place, so be careful! ;)

Have a great time here! :thumbsup:

Good luck with your house!

poeticeclipse
03-14-2008, 05:42 PM
:elephant:
WELCOME JILL!:swing:

So stoked to have you join me here! It's pretty awesome around here and the people are tons better than the "other" Disney boards. haha.

... more smilies...

:pixie:

:pick:

:vacuum:

Tinksalot
03-14-2008, 05:49 PM
:rocks::welcome::welcome:
Welcome to Intercot!!!! :mickey:

Quest4fun
03-14-2008, 05:50 PM
I can't wait to be able to say hello to somebody and not get banned!

My finger smells like boogers.:secret:

trennedy
03-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Welcome!! The above posts are right...this place is addictive!!:rocks:

From one Nebraska girl, to a soon to be other... ENJOY!! :welcome:
What city are you moving to???

Tracey

Mrs. Bee
03-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Welcome!! The above posts are right...this place is addictive!!:rocks:

From one Nebraska girl, to a soon to be other... ENJOY!! :welcome:
What city are you moving to???

Tracey
Where in Nebraska are you?

Jonas_Swe
03-14-2008, 06:08 PM
:welcome::cheer::tuba::drummer::piano::play: :pipes::welcome:

Welcome Mrs. Bee!!!

mrsgaribaldi
03-14-2008, 06:09 PM
:welcome: to Intercot :wave:

Great pics, you make a nice couple. I love your wedding dress:thumbsup:

trennedy
03-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Bennington, it's basically Omaha though. Where in Nebraska are you?

I live in Lincoln...I teach Kindergarten here. Good luck with your move!!

poeticeclipse
03-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Hey Jill............. two of your link are the same... might wanna fix that :)

Mrs. Bee
03-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Hey Jill............. two of your link are the same... might wanna fix that :)

there...better?

poeticeclipse
03-14-2008, 07:28 PM
there...better?

much :mickey:

SgtTigger
03-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT

Ok first off...... there are no other Disney Boards.........
This is the only Disney Board..... and it is not only a Disney Board it is our Community.....

Now as said YES it is addictive but that could be a good thing.......

Now so we can get to know you better...... here are some questions......

Who is your favorite character????

What is your favorite ride?????

What is your favorite park????

Do you like the Evil Doll ride and do you sing the song over and over and over and over and over????? :thedolls:

Oh yea Welcome to INTERCOT AGAIN.....

:cop: :tigger:

Mrs. Bee
03-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT

Ok first off...... there are no other Disney Boards.........
This is the only Disney Board..... and it is not only a Disney Board it is our Community.....

Now as said YES it is addictive but that could be a good thing.......

Now so we can get to know you better...... here are some questions......

Who is your favorite character????

What is your favorite ride?????

What is your favorite park????

Do you like the Evil Doll ride and do you sing the song over and over and over and over and over????? :thedolls:

Oh yea Welcome to INTERCOT AGAIN.....

:cop: :tigger:

Yeah...this will now be the only disney board for me. :mickey:

Favorite character - I love Ariel (I'm a redhead, afterall)

Favorite ride - All time favorite is Big Thunder. But I also love...Space Mountain at Disneyland. And Expedition Everest is amazing!

Favorite park - I will rank the parks from favorite to least favorite...
1. Disneyland
2. Animal Kingdom
3. Epcot
4. Magic Kingdom at WDW
5. California Adventure
6. MGM or whatever you want to call it.

I don't mind the evil doll ride. Although we've gotten stuck on it a few times and listening to the song over and over for 30-40 minutes was highly annoying.

poeticeclipse
03-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Yeah...this will now be the only disney board for me. :mickey:

Favorite character - I love Ariel (I'm a redhead, afterall)

Favorite ride - All time favorite is Big Thunder. But I also love...Space Mountain at Disneyland. And Expedition Everest is amazing!

Favorite park - I will rank the parks from favorite to least favorite...
1. Disneyland
2. Animal Kingdom
3. Epcot
4. Magic Kingdom at WDW
5. California Adventure
6. MGM or whatever you want to call it.

I don't mind the evil doll ride. Although we've gotten stuck on it a few times and listening to the song over and over for 30-40 minutes was highly annoying.

DHS ... last?!?!??! OH NO! Can we still be friends after this? haha. Just kidding.... Matt and I fell more and more in love with DHS on our honeymoon. We've always "liked" it but on our honeymoon it just became our magical park. And AK is our least favorite... well... at least mine. I'm a huge animal lover but AK needs more stuff IMO.

Anyways..... tonight is a slow night. Matt's is playing Resident Evil and i'm listening to The Chapin Sisters.

Mrs. Bee
03-14-2008, 08:30 PM
DHS ... last?!?!??! OH NO! Can we still be friends after this? haha. Just kidding.... Matt and I fell more and more in love with DHS on our honeymoon. We've always "liked" it but on our honeymoon it just became our magical park. And AK is our least favorite... well... at least mine. I'm a huge animal lover but AK needs more stuff IMO.

Anyways..... tonight is a slow night. Matt's is playing Resident Evil and i'm listening to The Chapin Sisters.

Yeah...I felt like MGM was just super boring. The only thing I really enjoyed was Rock N Rollercoaster.

There aren't a lot of rides at AK...but I just adore the scenery there. Next time, we'll probably spend more time at AK. There was a lot we didn't get to see and some stuff I'd like to see more of. We did ride EE 6 or 7 times I think though...so that was nice. We went on dinosaur and primeval whirl a lot too. Only did the safari once though.

Not much going on here tonight either. We're going to run to Target and World Market (do you have those where you live? I love them!) Then I'll probably be back here trying to get used to this new message board. :) I definitely need to read the American Idol thread!! :)

Question...am I allowed to start a thread about anything I mean? I mean...could I just start a pointless thread where I babble about our house being built? Or 'hey, look at this cute dress I saw.' etc. Or is that not allowed and/or stupid??

garymacd
03-14-2008, 10:14 PM
I currently live in Iowa....soon to be Nebraska

They're amalgamating Iowa and Nebraska?

Why didn't I get that memo???? :mad:

Welcome aboard! You'll get lots of that sort of stuff.

Mrs. Bee
03-14-2008, 10:24 PM

yeah...hadn't you heard? haha.

actually we're in the process of building a lovely house in nebraska. (only about 30 minutes from where we are right now.) i'm so excited!!

Quest4fun
03-14-2008, 10:24 PM

The computer is down. Yeah, we just share the one.

Disneypixie513
03-14-2008, 11:09 PM
Hi Jill! :party2: :pixie:
:welcome: to Intercot! :rocks:
My favorite character is Ariel too. :number1:
Hope you like it here!
( I don't know why anyone wouldn't like it here..The people here are really nice :mickey: )

poeticeclipse
03-14-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm sitting here.... not folding clothes like I should be.... singing RENT very loudly.

Sounds like the two newbies are enjoying ICOT so far. :) Hooray!!!:party::party:

Mrs. Bee
03-14-2008, 11:26 PM
I asked this above...not sure if anyone saw it. Opinions, please?

Question...am I allowed to start a thread about anything I want? I mean...could I just start a pointless thread where I babble about our house being built? Or 'hey, look at this cute dress I saw.' etc. Or is that not allowed and/or stupid??

NotaGeek
03-14-2008, 11:34 PM
I asked this above...not sure if anyone saw it. Opinions, please?

Question...am I allowed to start a thread about anything I want? I mean...could I just start a pointless thread where I babble about our house being built? Or 'hey, look at this cute dress I saw.' etc. Or is that not allowed and/or stupid??

Yes. You can start any thread that is within the family friendly rules of the TOS for INTERCOT. People start pointless babbling threads all day long. HA! :rotfl:

Mrs. Bee
03-14-2008, 11:37 PM
Yes. You can start any thread that is within the family friendly rules of the TOS for INTERCOT. People start pointless babbling threads all day long. HA! :rotfl:

Uh oh...be careful what you say...I will also start pointless threads all day. It's my specialty! Seriously. Don't be surprised if you find pointless threads about clothes, cleaning, music, chocolate covered coffee beans, or pretty much anything. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to babble. Can ya tell??

Quest4fun
03-14-2008, 11:45 PM
The rules and guidelines state the dress must actually be cute. I believe it is up to the Intercot staff to determine it's cuteness using the following guidelines.

1. Color
2. Designer
3. Sassyness
4. Whether or not J-Lo has worn it.
5. Whether or not Ru Paul has worn it.

Mrs. Bee
03-15-2008, 12:00 AM
The rules and guidelines state the dress must actually be cute. I believe it is up to the Intercot staff to determine it's cuteness using the following guidelines.

1. Color
2. Designer
3. Sassyness
4. Whether or not J-Lo has worn it.
5. Whether or not Ru Paul has worn it.

Are these cute?

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h140/FraggleJill/Random%20Stuff/uglydress1.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h140/FraggleJill/Random%20Stuff/uglydress2.jpg

Or how about this one...
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h140/FraggleJill/Random%20Stuff/promjill.jpg

Oh wait...that's ME. YIKES!

Mrs. Bee
03-15-2008, 01:15 AM
Haha...Graham got a post deleted. Way to go! This is a Disney board...not the Rooney board...haha.

You are such a nerd. But I still love you. Just please be careful in the future. :)

At least the mods here seem pretty cool and understanding. Yay for them! :thumbsup:

Quest4fun
03-15-2008, 01:22 AM
I'm already off to a fantastic start! My wife put me in a time out for my first infraction. She'll be proofreading all of my posts from now on.
:thedolls:
Pay no attention to me. I'm not very bright.

Jenemmy
03-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Jen, what days were you at WDW? Where did you stay? We were at Port Orleans Riverside January 24th - 30th.

I was at POFQ the week before :thumbsup:

poeticeclipse
03-15-2008, 09:42 AM
Are these cute?

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h140/FraggleJill/uglydress1.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h140/FraggleJill/uglydress2.jpg

Or how about this one...
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h140/FraggleJill/Random%20Stuff/promjill.jpg

Oh wait...that's ME. YIKES!

Wait a second!! I never put two and two together that that was your avatar on the Rooney boards!! FUNNY! I always loved that avatar. :) Congrats on being awesome.

RedSoxFan
03-15-2008, 01:34 PM
:welcome:to Intercot. Nice pictures too.

Mrs. Bee
03-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Wait a second!! I never put two and two together that that was your avatar on the Rooney boards!! FUNNY! I always loved that avatar. :) Congrats on being awesome.

haha...yeah....that was my sisters prom dress in 1993. one day a few years back...i put it on and took a picture. pretty hideous. but look how skinny i used to be!! haha.

Quest4fun
03-15-2008, 01:51 PM
haha...yeah....that was my sisters prom dress in 1993. one day a few years back...i put it on and took a picture. pretty hideous. but look how skinny i used to be!! haha.

Don't listen to my wife. She's still skinny.

kaerbear178
03-15-2008, 09:05 PM
:welcome: to Intercot! Where are you from in Iowa?

pdrlkr
03-16-2008, 12:04 AM
:welcome:

Hair_Razor
03-16-2008, 01:37 PM
How did you get that picture of me in my black and white prom dress?!!!? :funny:

MsMin
03-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Just wanted to say :welcome: you are a cute couple and hope you have fun sharing your Disney experiences here! :minnie:

Mrs. Bee
03-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Just wanted to say :welcome: you are a cute couple and hope you have fun sharing your Disney experiences here! :minnie:

thanks! i'm having a lot of fun already!

poeticeclipse
03-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Woohoo! I'm a "cast member trainee" now. :thumbsup:

My last post isn't showing up for me. :shrug: (edit...nevermind. I see it now.)

Besides, Council Bluffs...I've also lived in Vermillion, South Dakota and Orange, California.

GEEZ! You're flying on these boards... just like on every other forum i've seen you on. haha. You're talkative... it works here :)

Mrs. Bee
03-16-2008, 07:20 PM
GEEZ! You're flying on these boards... just like on every other forum i've seen you on. haha. You're talkative... it works here :)

Yeah...anything to keep me from actually doing the things I should be doing (laundry, cleaning, exercising, etc.) I am such a slacker!!

Over on the other *cough*evil*cough* disney board I had over 1,000 posts in just under 5 months...haha.

Yeah...I'm kind of a loser. :blush:

poeticeclipse
03-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Yeah...anything to keep me from actually doing the things I should be doing (laundry, cleaning, exercising, etc.) I am such a slacker!!

Over on the other *cough*evil*cough* disney board I had over 1,000 posts in just under 5 months...haha.

Yeah...I'm kind of a loser. :blush:

I go through phases. When I first joined here I posted tons ... then in the summer I got busy with stuff and became a "viewer" vs. a "poster." Then, I was planning for my next trip and I've been fairly non-stop since then. Some months I post more than others. I love the games. Finding Figaro is my favorite. I also like to take fun pictures of things around the parks and make people guess where I took them.

Mrs. Bee
03-16-2008, 07:28 PM
I go through phases. When I first joined here I posted tons ... then in the summer I got busy with stuff and became a "viewer" vs. a "poster." Then, I was planning for my next trip and I've been fairly non-stop since then. Some months I post more than others. I love the games. Finding Figaro is my favorite. I also like to take fun pictures of things around the parks and make people guess where I took them.

I started a couple threads in the Disneyland section. One of them is for "mystery" Disneyland photos for people to guess. But the DL section is kind of dead which makes me sad since those are the parks I can talk most about. :(

kaerbear178
03-16-2008, 08:36 PM
council bluffs

You move around like me! I went to the University of Iowa, my parents live in Decorah. I moved to San Diego about 5 years ago but have also lived in Minnesota, South Dakota, and North Dakota.

I agree about the Disneyland section, I wish there were more people posting over there.

poeticeclipse
03-16-2008, 09:06 PM
I started a couple threads in the Disneyland section. One of them is for "mystery" Disneyland photos for people to guess. But the DL section is kind of dead which makes me sad since those are the parks I can talk most about. :(

Yeah, the Disneyland section is small and dead-like. You can liven it up. All by yourself. OH! And i'm seeing Rooney now :) :) :)

Melanie
03-16-2008, 09:44 PM
Oh I forgot the word that means "stuff' that isn't a swear word gets bleeped out on here. Sorry!! It's four letters and starts with a c and ends with a p. How else do I describe it?

Please remember that INTERCOT is extremely family-friendly, therefore certain words are bleeped out per John, our webmaster. Since many families read the boards together, we don't allow words which a 5 year old (or 6 or 7 or 8 year old) would get in trouble for saying. It's as simple as that.

poeticeclipse
03-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Please remember that INTERCOT is extremely family-friendly, therefore certain words are bleeped out per John, our webmaster. Since many families read the boards together, we don't allow words which a 5 year old (or 6 or 7 or 8 year old) would get in trouble for saying. It's as simple as that.

Oh no! I totally understand... I just forgot. I would put a censor button on myself if I could. Trust me. haha.

kaerbear178
03-16-2008, 11:23 PM
I have lived in Council Bluffs most of my life. But I went to college in South Dakota. Then I only lived in California for a year an a half (that was long enough for me...haha!)

Yeah...the Disneyland section makes me sad.

5 years in Cali is too long if you ask me as well. I would like to move back but I just got married and jobs for my husband are out here.
Maybe someday.

Mrs. Bee
03-16-2008, 11:40 PM
5 years in Cali is too long if you ask me as well. I would like to move back but I just got married and jobs for my husband are out here.
Maybe someday.

Yeah...my husband's job allowed him to move to Iowa and work from home. I consider myself pretty lucky because of that. Socal living just wasn't for me.

kaerbear178
03-16-2008, 11:53 PM
I wish...my husband is looking for a job in 3D animation right now. I'm hoping after he gets a few years experience we will be able to move to Minneapolis. I have to stay in fairly big cities as well if I want to do commercial interior design.

weswerx
03-16-2008, 11:55 PM
Welcome to the boards Mrs. Bee.:hi:
Good thing your not an aunt, otherwise we'd all be whistling around here :whistle:

Mrs. Bee
03-17-2008, 12:02 AM
Welcome to the boards Mrs. Bee.:hi:
Good thing your not an aunt, otherwise we'd all be whistling around here :whistle:

not an aunt? i don't get it :shrug:

EllieMae
03-17-2008, 12:33 AM
Welcome! :rocks: I think the above poster meant the Andy Griffith Show. (at least I hope so or now I'm an idiot! hehe)

Mrs. Bee
03-17-2008, 01:07 AM
Welcome! :rocks: I think the above poster meant the Andy Griffith Show. (at least I hope so or now I'm an idiot! hehe)

oh okay. i was gonna say.."um...i AM an aunt, actually." haha.

Carol
03-17-2008, 08:29 AM
Hi :wave:

In reference to the Disneyland boards - they are fairly new here. You'll notice most of the members that post on INTERCOT are Walt Disney World veterans. We actually had a separate web site for Disneyland and recently merged the Disneyland forums here. Give it time.

Over on the other *cough*evil*cough* Disney board I had over 1,000 posts in just under 5 months...haha.We don't get into the whole post count thing here. It's more about quality then quantity.

Have fun. :balloon:

princessjojo
03-17-2008, 08:57 AM
:welcome: As many have posted earlier, you'll enjoy yourself here on Intercot. But by the looks of things it seems you are already realizing this.

Like you, I too love to blab. Thing is I will go on and on and on about nothing relevent so I try to restrain myself often. BTW I love your pics but for fashion's sake, I wouldn't wear the dresses too often unless you really had to (haha).

I love to post pictures too, but don't do them here for whatever reason, but on other nondisney sites. Don't really know why, but oh well. I love those of you and your DH. They are great.

Enjoy your time here and I can't wait to hear more from you.

disneydrmr
03-17-2008, 09:09 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!