PDA

View Full Version : How long is too long of a shower?

pianobabe
03-13-2008, 11:54 PM
My husband was complaining the other day because he thought I was taking too long to shower. He says he timed me at 12 minutes. I thought that was pretty good considering that was washing and conditioning my hair, washing my body and shaving under my arms. What does everyone else think?

PS: Our shower head does have a setting on it that helps decrease the water usage. Plus, if it makes a difference, I only wash my hair every other day.

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-14-2008, 01:13 AM
I don't think that's too long. My husband takes that long at least and it takes me 10-15 mins. I have a friend who takes the worlds longest showers. I once had to wait over an hour to get ready and at least 40 mins....the shower was going.

pink
03-14-2008, 01:22 AM
12 minutes isn't a long time in the shower at all! I think thats a pretty average time. :mickey:

Dragongirlx
03-14-2008, 05:04 AM
Thats about how long I take in the shower.
My sister takes longer but she has really long hair and it takes her a while to get all the soap out.

My Father, however, thinks you should be in and out in 5 minutes. I think that is way too short

JanetMegan
03-14-2008, 08:13 AM
Oh man, I don't think that's too long, I say you know you have been in too long when...

The Hot Water Runs OUT!:blush:

I have long hair too, so it takes me a little while, I also have this "need to be clean all the time" thing about me so I am known to shower 3 times a day (again:blush:)

IloveDisney71
03-14-2008, 08:31 AM
I have two teenage DD's and 12 minutes would be a world's record shortest shower for them!! They spend at least 20 minutes a day in the shower - I'm not sure what they do in there!?! I spend about 8 to 10 probably but I have really short hair. I don't think 12 minutes is too long.

DizNee143
03-14-2008, 08:38 AM
i dont think that is long at all...
i think maybe anything more than 20-25 minutes is long..
i think i take about 15 minutes in the shower...
either way im the one who has to pay the bills so...whatever lol:)

LauraF
03-14-2008, 08:55 AM
I feel that anything longer than 30 minutes is getting up there, but everybody is different. (I agree with the poster about the hot water timer!:D)

When I had long hair it was normal for me to take a 15-20 minute shower because I had to rinse and shampoo twice. I don't miss my long hair! But even now I'd say I still take a 10-15 minute shower.

Disneymom4ever
03-14-2008, 09:11 AM
Um, well I'm guilty then, I take about 30 min! But, I have long thick hair, and it really does take time to shampoo, condition, and rinse out! Not to mention shaving the legs! It drives my DH nuts. Oh, to be a girl, guys really do have it easier! (And I'm the only girl in my house with 3 males, so no sympathy here!)

poeticeclipse
03-14-2008, 10:05 AM
I take about 15 minutes on average. And longer if I have to shave my legs (I normally run out of water at that point).

Its long but when I try and go fast... it just doesn't work. I don't know how Jennifer Aniston does it in 5 minutes every day. I read that in a magazine once. Random.. I know.

Gooftroop5
03-14-2008, 10:25 AM
I think that is about under the average for everything including shaving. I usual average 10minutes. Anything over 20 minutes is too long.

We tell dd(9) that she has 5 minutes to take a shower then she might actually only take a 10 minute one. She has short hair so most of it she is just playing with her brothers' tub toys in the shower.

Ian
03-14-2008, 12:53 PM
I don't think that's long at all. I'd say DW probably takes about 20 minutes or so.

As a guy, it takes me maybe 5 minutes if I don't have to shave. If I have to shave, you can double that.

Mrs. Bee
03-14-2008, 04:52 PM
I usually take about 10-15 minutes in the actual shower. But then I have to dry off, brush my hair, put lotion on, etc. So the total time in the actual bathroom is about 30 minutes. That does NOT include the 15 minutes it takes me to dry my hair.

SteveL
03-14-2008, 05:42 PM
I usually get up at 7:00, brush my teeth, shave, shower and am back in my room getting dressed by 7:15.
DD,age 26, spends eternity in there. I think her hands look like the Sun Maid Raisins when she gets out.
When I think it has been going on long enough, a flush of the powder room toilet hurries her along.

Jeff G
03-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Oh man, I don't think that's too long, I say you know you have been in too long when...

The Hot Water Runs OUT!:blush:

I think that's my DW's approach, I really dread the days I have to shower right after her:freeze:.

Quest4fun
03-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Militant people will consider 12 minutes to be a long shower.

I can do all my cleaning in about 30 minutes. That includes, shower, brushing the teeth, mouthwash, shaving, combing my hair, getting dressed, and other fine tuning that must be done to ensure I look awesome. I can usually sneak in a meal during that time as well. It takes my wife a good hour tust to get ready so I can sleep for at least an extra half hour whenever we go somewhere in the morning.

princessjojo
03-14-2008, 09:43 PM
If I could get through the shower in 12 minutes, DH would think something was terribly wrong. I usually spend 15 min. in there when I'm in a hurry. If it's in the morning before class or work, then it's 20-30 because I have to actually wake up before I can figure out how to function. Since the drought in our area though for the past few months, I really have tried to cut down my time, as well as the time the boys spend in the shower. They are sometimes as bad as girls! I can though remember back around 1987 or so when my best friend went away to school. At UNC they were trying to somehow, because of another terrible drought at that time, implement a 3 min shower max. All I could think was good luck. It takes me 3 min to get in. But it was really really dry at that time as well.

crazypoohbear
03-14-2008, 10:15 PM
I can shower, shave my legs and get out in under 10 minutes.
My DH however will spend at LEAST 45 minutes in the shower!
He doesn't have much hair and he has a beard so he doesnt' shave:confused:
I have been known to put in a load of laundry and run the dish washer to get him out!;)
I grew up in a 1 bathroom house with 10 people so I guess I learned how to get in and get out quickly.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-14-2008, 10:17 PM
If anyone on here has ever marched (or is familiar with) drum corps, you will get this: Only scrub what you need to. You're done when you've scrubbed what's dirty; leave the rest for tomorrow.

Seriously, when we were on tour for corps, there were times when 40 girls were sharing 3 shower heads and only 30 minutes total to be showered, dressed, horn cleaned, packed, eat lunch, and loaded on the bus ready to go to show. I can take a fast shower people!

Quest4fun
03-14-2008, 10:23 PM
If anyone on here has ever marched (or is familiar with) drum corps, you will get this: Only scrub what you need to. You're done when you've scrubbed what's dirty; leave the rest for tomorrow.

Seriously, when we were on tour for corps, there were times when 40 girls were sharing 3 shower heads and only 30 minutes total to be showered, dressed, horn cleaned, packed, eat lunch, and loaded on the bus ready to go to show. I can take a fast shower people!

I think I've seen this film before.
:number1:

Disneypixie513
03-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Oh good..I thought i spent too long in the shower. :blush:
If i don't shave, my showers are about 8 minutes or so.
If i shave, then my time is about 15 mins. or so.
I think my longest shower was 23 minutes. :blush:
But i was sick, so the hot water felt really good.

laughingplace<3
03-14-2008, 11:10 PM
Wow! I am the worst. I take 30-35 minute showers :blush:. If I shower in the morning though, it takes 15. Don't even bring up shaving the legs- add another 10 minutes to the times above!

Kidsmom
03-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Holy cow! I thought I was long...I am 20 minutes shower...to out the door! I grew up with 3 brothers and have a quick cleansing husband.

My shower is usally 5-8 minutes (8 for legs shaving days) and then the rest for getting ready....this includes using a difusser for my hair. Now I must say I only do make up at night or later in the day, not in the morning (stay at home Mom!)

TikiGoddess
03-15-2008, 08:55 PM
My showers last as long as we have hot water, which recently has been about 15 minutes.

A nice, hot shower in the morning is the ONLY way I can wake up. Showers are a wonderful luxury -- doesn't cost much but feels so good!!

TikiG

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-15-2008, 09:29 PM
I think I've seen this film before.
:number1:

like, show films? from championships?

Dakota Rose
03-16-2008, 12:38 AM
I'm out in less than 10. Usually from the time I get up, make DS breakfast & lunch, eat a quick breakfast, shower and get ready, it's 45 minutes until I"m in the car. I prefer sleep to any other activity, so I've learned to hustle in the morning. DH on the other hand can spend 20 minutes in the shower and he doesn't shave in there. I don't know what in the world he does for 20 minutes.

RedheadWriter
03-17-2008, 09:41 AM
My showers run anywhere from 25 to 45 minutes:cool:. Showers are a simple pleasure of my life and I actually do some very good thinking in there!
So 12 minutes is in no way a LONG shower to me.