PDA

View Full Version : Best fireworks viewing?

HairyBear
03-13-2008, 09:58 PM
If you are at one of the parks but not in them, where are good places to view the evening displays? I have often thought that viewing Illumininations from the platform of the monorail but have not tried it.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-13-2008, 10:25 PM
I doubt you'd be able to see much of Illuminations, except for some of the higher fireworks, from that spot. Most of Illuminations is closer to the water and most of it would be blocked regardless by SSE and Innoventions.

Poly's beach is a great place to watch Wishes from. My non-Disney passholding friends and I will go play a cheapo game of putt-putt (1/2 price for 4 people w/ an annual pass) and watch fireworks from Poly. It is a cheaper date than most of us are used to. lol

wilshade
03-14-2008, 07:10 AM
Narcoosee's is a pretty good place to see Wishes from. I was seated behind a piller and had to crane my neck around. But the windows there are huge and you can see from almost any table.

Quasimodo
03-14-2008, 10:53 AM
As already mentioned, the beach at the Poly is a great place to see Wishes. They even pipe in the music on the PA system. Ohana at the Poly also offers a great view if you are near the windows. We have watched Wishes several times while eating dinner there. They also pipe in the score from Wishes.

Gooftroop5
03-14-2008, 10:57 AM
I don't know if its the best or easiest for Wishes but we were on the boat from the contemporary to the Campgrounds. All the boats stopped so you could watch the fireworks come up over the castle. It was definitely the coolest place I've ever seen them.

bruin1344
03-14-2008, 01:07 PM
I could see illuminations from beach club and even pop century. Views arent that good though.

Jonas_Swe
03-14-2008, 05:42 PM
If you manage to catch a ferry to any MK resort or the TTC in time, you'll find yourself on your way over Seven Seas Lagoon just in time to watch the MK fireworks. :clappy:

Sometimes the captain even slows down so that guests can get a better look at the show! :sail:

dumbo ears
03-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Well I have always seen wishes from in the parks but ive heard the poly, GF, and california grill are great place to veiw wishes. For illuminations its a lot tougher. Ive sat on a bench outside the world showcase entrance and watched them. It wasnt a great view but we could hear the music and see the fireworks.

EvilQueen2006
03-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Watching wishes from atop the contemporary at California Grill was very romantic.

WDW24
03-15-2008, 08:52 AM
What was very intersesting was on my last visit to the Swan, while I was watching TV in the room, I started to see bright flashes, I looked outside and saw fireworks from Fantasmic. You couldnt actually see the show, but it was cool anyway! :mickey:

ligirlz
03-15-2008, 05:03 PM
I think Illuminations is alittle harder to see if your not in the park. We tried once and didnt work out but I saw Wishes from Ohana while eating it was awesome and I also think i saw them too from ASSP hotel.