PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana Notary Exam

daparish
03-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Just wondering if anyone has taken the Louisiana notary exam recently. I am thinking of taking it but understand it is extremly hard to pass and I don't really have extra time for studing (work about 50 - 55 hours a week). I believe Louisiana is the only state that follows civil law (as opposed to common law - I could have this reversed). The test is given twice a year(first Saturday in June and December). I read on the net that 483 people took the test in December and only 80 passed. Just wondeirng if anyone has taken the exam and if it's as bad as everyone says.

JanetMegan
03-14-2008, 07:53 AM
You have to pass a test to be a notary? Wow. I had to show my driver's lisence and give them $30 and I was golden...

SgtTigger
03-14-2008, 07:50 PM
Lori I do know it is hard........

I know a couple of people that have taken it and yes most had to take it more than once.......

I also know some that took it the first time and passed...... but they did study......

:cop: :tigger:

garymacd
03-14-2008, 10:48 PM
I believe Louisiana is the only state that follows civil law (as opposed to common law - I could have this reversed).

You are right. Common Law comes from England and is based on all the cases that came before. It is the basis for all law in most of Canada and the United States.

Civil Law comes from France. It is followed in France, Quebec and most countries that were French Colonies. Since Louisiana was a former french colony and many french expatriates called Acadians came there from eastern Canada, it would make sense.:teach:

:bored:

:sorry: