PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

Princess2BsMom
03-13-2008, 07:01 PM
I have been torn for several weeks about one place on my ADR want list. I really would love to do the 1950's Prime Time Cafe --- but couldn't figure out where to fit it in. I even thought about trying to do it without an ADR and most people said no don't take the chance.

And I was wanting us to do the Fantasmic Package. Of the three choices :

Hollywood and Vine - already doing a breakfast there

Mama Melrose - have heard mixed reviews and are already going to do an "Italian" type of dinner somewhere else.

Hollywood Brown Derby - this is our choice of the three. BUT, our 4 year old DD will be with us. She usually does really good but we WILL be at Disney and she may be a little keyed up.

So should I just not do the Package and do the Want on my list, the 1950's Prime Time Cafe, and just **** it up and stand in line for Fantasmic? We are going on in September and we will be on the Deluxe DDP so price of meal doesn't count. (I know Brown Derby counts as 2 per person) If we decide to not do the package about how long will the wait be for Fantasmic in September (planning on doing this on a Monday).

Sorry this is so long --- just can't figure it out and knew I could get some good feed back out or ya'll! :thumbsup:

Duchess99
03-13-2008, 07:16 PM
I would not do the package and go to 50s Prime Time if that is your top pick for restaurant in DHS. I have not done the package, but from what I've heard, the seats are not that great. Since September is one of the slower times of year, you'll probably have a good chance of getting better seats with little or no wait.
From my experience with Fantasmic during slow times, it go get on line right as the rope drops, you will get pretty good seats. Also, if it's a night that has 2 shows, go to the later one if your 4 year old will make it. There are always less people at the later shows.
BUT, if you decide to do the package, go to Hollywood Brown Derby...it's a GREAT restaurant!