PDA

View Full Version : Fact or Fiction about Tom Sawyer Island

thumperbug
03-13-2008, 02:13 PM
I read on another "insider" website that if you find a paint brush on Tom Sawyer Island and give it to a CM you get a FP to be used on any attraction. Can someone tell me if this is true and if it still being done?

Maleficent's Dad
03-13-2008, 02:17 PM
They go pretty fast
The CM's lay them out prior to the island opening. Those on the first boat across usually find them quickly.
A FP good for either SM or BTMRR is then given.

TheRustyScupper
03-13-2008, 03:04 PM
1) Daily, they put out 5-7 paintbrushes.
2) The brushes are hidden in plain sight.
3) You redeem them for a FP on SM or BTM.
4) The FP's are for all members of the family.

NOTE: Most people find them and redeem for a FP. However, some people want to keep them. In those instances, the people are allowed to use the brushes to paint the parking lot lines in Epcot or MK lots. With that option, unless the guest's name is Tom, they usually redeem them.

Figment!
03-13-2008, 03:18 PM
No need to look elsewhere, we've got the details right here on INTERCOT. :mickey:

From Hidden Treasures & Surprises (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/park/hiddentreasures.asp)
Aunt Polly’s Paintbrushes
Aunt Polly asked Tom and Huck to paint a few things on Tom Sawyer Island, but the mischievous adventurers rather went exploring and happened to leave the paintbrushes as the went along. If you should come across one of Aunt Polly’s paintbrushes pick it up and return it to one of the raft pilots (or other Cast Member in the area) and they will reward you with a front of the line pass to Splash Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Von-Drake
03-13-2008, 03:21 PM
My wife found one in Injun Joe's cave on one of our visits. I joke with her about it, because on the raft over this little boy was determined to find one and took off running as soon as the raft docked. We just casually walked around the island and she found it. When we crossed back over the little boy was on the same raft again and my wife felt so embarrassed. We were given a choice of either Splash Mountain of Big Thunder Mountain. She chose Big Thunder Mountain. They took us straight in the exit to the front of the ride.

joonyer
03-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Yes, But it's not just an ordinary Fast Pass; it's a special front of the line pass, that takes you (and your whole family) directly to the loading area of either BTMRR or Splash MTN (your choice) :cool: Cool. We have done this several times. If you make sure you are on the very first raft over to TSI when it opens, and keep your eyes peeled, you have a pretty good chance of finding a brush. They are usually not too hard to find.

Love of Disney
03-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Is this FP for use all day? :cool:

Hayden's Dad
03-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Is the island stroller and wheelchair friendly? We would like to go over there, but not if it will bounce Hayden all over the place.

PirateLover
03-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Yes, but only on the day it was acquired. We got one on our last trip. My boyfriend and I were walking past the white picket fence and he said "Hey! Someone left their paintbrush!" I screamed "OH MY GOSH PICK IT UP!!!!!" and told him about the fast pass- he really had no clue! And we found ours mid-day, so you don't always have to be there first thing. Always keep your eyes peeled!
Here is a picture of John with the paintbrush (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/sweetanger/100_4012.jpg) and here is one of the certificate (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/sweetanger/100_4014.jpg).

Noahrk
03-13-2008, 08:54 PM
The island is not handicapped accessible nor are the boats over. We took our thirteen year old with cerebral palsey on our last trip in November and we had to have help with his wheelchair to get him on/off the boat and then he could only sit in the area where the launch lands. My other children enjoyed it very much.

pixiegoose
03-13-2008, 10:06 PM
I found one on our trip last September and it was right before island close, so they can be found at any time. And it was not in plain sight but not exactly well hidden either- it was under a lean-to type structure next to the path. I redeemed it for the front of line pass but didn't use the pass- I don't like BTMR and didn't feel like getting soaked on Splash Mountain and I plan to use it for scrapbooking (still haven't gotten around to it).

Von-Drake
03-14-2008, 07:28 AM

When we found the paintbrush, it was only good for one of the two rides (BTMRR or Splash Mountain) and only for one ride.

ltam16
03-14-2008, 08:59 AM
Is there an area to leave wheelchairs & strollers prior to boarding boat?