PDA

View Full Version : Help with computer access at AKL

xwdpuzzler
03-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Hi,

I know this topic has probably been batted around before, but here goes.

I have a laptop, which I am taking on my trip starting Sunday. I tried last time to access the internet but I couldn't figure out what I needed to do.

I know it cost 10 a day for access, although I just read somewhere that DVC might be getting this free? (maybe wishful thinking)

Anyway, I have a Network card in my computer but I don't know what I might need to take with me besides my PCIA card which I use for WiFi.

Several site just mentions a LAN cable, which I don't have but can get, to get the internet.

I have an older Dell Notebook computer.

Thanks for any information.

dlpmikki
03-13-2008, 02:03 PM
Each room has an ethernet cable for you to use in the wardrobe. There is a connection point by the desk in the bedroom in one beds (you may find two connection points in a one bed but only one of them will work!) I have to say the connection is very hit and miss and if don't have to ring for assistance at least once it is unusual. Last time at AKL I rang several times and had several visits from the Disney IT guy and from the network providors. They gave me quite a run around but neither the Disney guy nor me could connect our PCs but the network guy could. Finally Disney guy came up with a thinking out of the box solution that the network guy didn't understand because it was too simple but it worked!

No date given yet for free access - still says Spring but that may mean June.

xwdpuzzler
03-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the info