PDA

View Full Version : Mid Week Availability

Scar
03-13-2008, 01:07 PM
What are the chances of getting a room with no reservation in a value resort for 3 nights in the middle of the week? Either Mon, Tue, Wed, or Tue, Wed, Thurs late April or early May.

My thinking is that since so many people overlap weekends, there should be availability in the middle of the week.

faline
03-13-2008, 01:22 PM
There might be availability but I wouldn't necessarily count on there being availability.

If you know you want to be there within a certain time frame, I'd recommend making reservations prior to your arrival.

tennantsrwe
03-13-2008, 01:33 PM
I think you also need to consider the various dates of spring breaks, special events that might be taking place, etc. Also there are a lot of people, my family included, that go for a week or longer. If you know the dates ahead of time I suggest making the ressies. Can't hurt. :mickey:

DDuck66
03-13-2008, 04:01 PM
You might get lucky at the first of May, but during April, a lot of schools are still on Spring Break. We usually go the first of May, and the week days are fairly quiet and the weekends get rather crowded.

magicofdisney
03-13-2008, 07:30 PM
I think your chances are way better in the middle of the week. That's usually when we take a short trip (to avoid the weekend crowds and weekend rates) and rarely have a problem booking. I will suggest you book at least 2-3 wks out if possible. Obviously, the later out you book, the better the chances. A couple of days ago I booked a two night stay for the 2nd week in May. I had no problem getting a room (with a discount to boot). :mickey:

Additionally, we've been told a few times by CMs that Wednesdays generally tend to be the least crowded day. I'm thinking it's the same logic you have regarding weekends.