PDA

View Full Version : Need A Little Sickness Pixie Dust!

MMouse6937
03-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Hey all, just needed to feel sorry for myself for a minute :(

I know everyone is sick in the country, I work at a primary care doctor's office and we see sick people all day, but it caught me the other day and I'm just so sick.

I definately have the respiratory influenza and I also have asthma which makes things so scary. I have had asthma my whole life and for most of my childhood was in and out of the hospital for pnemonia, etc. I was so sick that my parent's were told by my pulmonogist that I for lack of better phrase would never be able to do much because of my breathing problems.

When I was a teenager I decided that I wanted to take charge of my illness and got on some maintenance medication and started exercising. I actually was able to test for the police department and did a marathon at home. I'm now in really good condition, I barely think about my inhalers, and even live with seven animal babies (never would have happened before)

Anyways, now I have this respiratory flu and I'm so weak and wheezy. It is so scary and frustrating to be back to the point where everything makes me winded, I have to take nebulizer treatments, I've been put on steroids, etc. This will take me months to recover from, the weakness takes the longest.

Anyways, hate to whine, just hoping you could spare some pixie dust for a sicky! I know so many people are sick and I pray for them to have a speedy recovery. Everyone take care, wash your hands, get your vitamins, be healthy! Take care!! :thumbsup:

offwego
03-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Sorry to hear about this for you..take care of yourself and that's an excellent reminder about handwashing!

NJ Camper
03-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Hope you feel better soon take care of yourself here's your pixie dust:tink::tink::tink::pixie::pixie::pixie: hope these help and you feel better soon just be careful working in your field doesn't help being around sick people but i'm sure you love it and wouldn't change it so just as said wash wash wash that seems to be the biggest thing good luck and hope you get a trip to disney that will make you feel better there is something about disney magic

faline
03-13-2008, 12:08 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:Hoping for a rapid recovery for you!

LauraleeH
03-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Hey, I'm sorry you're sick! I'm praying for you to heal and recover quickly! :mickey::mickey::mickey:

DizNee143
03-13-2008, 12:51 PM
hopeyour feeling better and more like yourself in no time!!! :mickey:

wdwgrl377
03-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Sending much pixie dust your way so you can begin to feel much better! :mickey:

:pixie::pixie::pixie: :hug:

Disneymom4ever
03-14-2008, 09:16 AM
I'm sorry you're sick! It's such a bad time of year for that stuff. Does this year seem worse to anyone? We've all had it in my family, not fun! Here's :pixie: for a speedy recovery!! :mickey:

LauraF
03-14-2008, 09:35 AM
I have asthma too so I KNOW how getting sick hits us that much harder. Wishing you a speedy and wheeze-free recovery. :pixie:

MsMin
03-14-2008, 10:10 AM
My dd has asthma too since she was a toddler. So mom's always have plenty of extra :pixie: (be careful you don't inhale it).
Hoping you feel better soon. It's always a tough time of year for her and she like you has worked to manage it but days like today (very humid) can give her grief along with the tons of pollen everywhere.
Sending OJ straight from WDW and plenty of :pixie: to recover real soon....

Quest4fun
03-14-2008, 05:54 PM
I hope you're not having an allergic reaction to Pixie Dust.

Best of luck.

Get well NOW. (i don't believe in the whole "Get well soon." deal)

NJ Camper
03-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Hope you are feeling better i'm having a lousy day also yesterday would have been my Dad's 66 birthday and today i was at my buddy's grand mothers wake not exactly the best 2 days i've had in awhile diffently got a case of the blues sorry for venting really hope you feel better maybe we all need a little disney magic i'm sure this will help wishing you much pixie dust and well wishes

Mousefever
03-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Hope you are feeling better i'm having a lousy day also yesterday would have been my Dad's 66 birthday and today i was at my buddy's grand mothers wake not exactly the best 2 days i've had in awhile diffently got a case of the blues sorry for venting really hope you feel better maybe we all need a little disney magic i'm sure this will help wishing you much pixie dust and well wishes

To the OP, awwww.... I'm so sorry you're sick! Here's some virtual chicken soup, some good movies, and someone to pat your hand. I hope you're feeling better really soon!

To NJ Camper, I'm sorry you're having a hard time. It's so hard to lose a parent. Not only do you have to deal with those special dates and holidays without him, but you have to deal with those times that your loss hits you out of the blue. I'm so sorry.

Amy

MMouse6937
03-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks for all the help and pixie dust!! I'm starting to feel somewhat human today. It's been a long week, but things seemed to have broke a little bit last night and this morning was better than I've felt in a while. I haven't used the nebulizer in two days, so I'm focusing on the small positives! NJ Camper, thanks for your thoughts and good thoughts your way too. Take care!! :hug:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-15-2008, 11:45 PM
So glad you are feeling a little better. Hope you are 100% soon!!

Two of my kids and I are all asthmatics. I know how scary it can be when you get sick.

:pixie: