PDA

View Full Version : Help!Confused about when to make ADR

momof3+twins
03-13-2008, 09:25 AM
I have read that you can book 180+10 days in advance if you stay onsite. We are needing ADRs for several days into the trip. Example: We arrive Saturday,first ADR is on Monday. Can I still book 180+10 from Saturday or do I have to wait until 180+10 from Monday? I have been confused about this for a while now.
One more thing, what is the chances of getting ADRs for Cindys?

JPL
03-13-2008, 09:35 AM
If you are staying at WDW Resort you can book at 180 day mark of your trip + 10. So the 180 day + 10 rules would work. I believe you will need your confirmation number for your package in order to do this. As for the Castle I would call as soon as they open and hope for the best and be flexible with the day and time you want.

LauraF
03-13-2008, 09:41 AM
To clarify the +10 rule is so you can book all the days of your trip (up to 10 at a time) with one phone call to Dining. If you arrive on Saturday, you can start booking 180 days before Saturday and also book Monday on out at the same time.

It does not mean you can book your ADRs 190 days out.

goofiecrazy
03-13-2008, 10:33 AM
Do they take a credit card # from you to hold your spot?

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-13-2008, 11:14 AM
If you're using the DDP, they will take your credit card to hold the spot, and it will only be charged if you don't show. When I made my recent ADR's we gave them a cc for CRT, Fantasmic Package, HDD...and a couple of more I can't remember.

If you don't have the DDP, a number of places will charge you immediately, such as CRT and HDD, and there are some that will again take your credit card to hold, and you can choose how to pay when you're there.

The CM's are good at letting you know what will be charged right away and what will just be charged if you don't show.

I've been lucky with CRT...I've called right at 7am and been able to get the day I want each time. Good Luck...call early!

Figment!
03-13-2008, 05:02 PM
We arrive Saturday,first ADR is on Monday. Can I still book 180+10 from Saturday or do I have to wait until 180+10 from Monday? I have been confused about this for a while now. You may find the INTERCOT Advanced Dining Reservation Planner (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/adrplanner/default.asp) helpful. It is an Excel Spreadsheet that that calculates call dates for each day of your vacation and takes into account if you are staying on-site or not.

To specifically clarify the "180+10" rule, it means you may call to make a reservation 180 days from the first day of your vacation and make reservations for up to 10 days.

It does not mean you can make reservations 190 days in advance of the first day of your vacation.

Guests not staying on-property must call 180 days in advance of each day of their vacation to make reservations for that day.

Tink#64
03-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Wow, very helpful. I've wondered the same thing!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Jared
03-14-2008, 08:46 AM
Do they take a credit card # from you to hold your spot?
You only need to give a credit card number for the dinner shows, Fantasmic! Dinner Package, Cinderella's Royal Table and Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. If you are using the Disney Dining Plan, you will only be charged if you do not honor your reservation. Otherwise, you will be charged immediately.