PDA

View Full Version : Any luck fshing in FW?????

NJ Camper
03-12-2008, 10:18 PM
I have tried many times but never have much luck when we went in Nov i finally had a little luck i caught and released 3 bass no monsters but was surprised since i never had any luck before all 3 were only about 14 inches maybe 1 lb hope to hear from others:fish:

busterthebronco
03-12-2008, 10:41 PM
DS and i booked the fishing excursion deal a few years back and caught bass the whole time!
fishing in front of the poly and off the shore of the old discovery island was real neat.
the guide was excellent.
it was pricey but also it is one of my best memories.:cool:

NJ Camper
03-13-2008, 11:47 AM
I have tried numerous times but the canals in the camp ground just seem to be very good i see pics in the spot were you rent he golf carts of some fish and down by the docks were you catch the boats to MK from FW have thought about the guide thing but didn't know if it was worth it a friend of mine did it and said they got a bunch of fish just no bigger ones he said that he has gotten bigger ones here in NJ but during the winter it does give you a fishing fix til nicer weather hits agian i guess

SoaringEpcot
03-13-2008, 12:01 PM
We have not had any luck in the cannals. We fished in June of 05 and just this past December. I am going to take my tackle the end of this month when we go, but we probably won't have that much time since it is just a weekend trip. We have never fished at the lake since it is useually a good distance from out campsite. And there are no fishing signs on the docks.

TheRustyScupper
03-13-2008, 03:42 PM
1) The lake was loaded many years ago.
2) Now, there are lots of fish.
3) Your problems could be
. . . time of day
. . . location
. . . bait
. . . skill
. . . weather conditions
4) I have seen some whoppers pulled from the lake.
5) Some whoppers were almost as large as the fisherman's tales.

NJ Camper
03-16-2008, 10:27 PM
:fish:Maybe part of the problem is i was told you can only fish the canals yeah i have heard the lake has fish but i have been fishing from shore if i'm allowed to fish the lake im sure it would help but unless someone knows different you have to do the guided fishing to fish the lake
Is this true ????????

NJ Camper
03-20-2008, 09:15 PM
whats the deal with fishing from shore are you allowed to fish the lake or just the canals in FW the only things i've seen in the canals is blue gills and i saw a carp once but never saw or caught any bass guess if you fish the lake you would have better luck

slegrant
05-01-2008, 11:47 AM
We always stay in the 300 loop and we do fish in the canals, but most of the time we walk down to the lake by the dam. This area is where the hayrides take you to watch the fireworks. My two older sons and I have caught many bass in this area, however the biggest was about 4 lbs. We were chatting with another angler and while we were talking he hooked a huge bass, he had a scale and it was just over 10lbs. definatley the largest I have seen. When we are fishing we are using Artificial worms and frogs and they seem to work best. fishing at Fort Wilderness is a blast, my kids love it. On a side note we did book a fishing excursion and I've got to say it was worth every penny. I took my three sons and my newphew and we hooked 24 bass in the two hours. My 11 year old son caught the largest at 5lbs. Great guide.

Going back this summer and Christmas!