PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom - early entry/parking

PhilHarHarMagic
03-12-2008, 07:42 PM
We usually like to drive from the resort to the parks (maybe not MK) and we have a goal this trip to be at the park opening at each day.

I was listening to my backlog of podcasts this morning and one of them mentioned that it is now better to ride the resort bus to Animal Kingdom as they don't open the parking lot there until 15 minutes before opening time.

Anyone have experience with this?

JPL
03-12-2008, 08:10 PM
The Parking lot at AK usually opens at 8:30 so with early entry it really doesn't work to drive I think they figure since EMH is for resort guests they can take the bus.

Quasimodo
03-12-2008, 08:47 PM
I can vouch for this. I like to drive my own vehicle from the resort to the parks. When we tried doing this at AK for Early Entry, we ended up sitting at the parking gate waiting for the parking lot to open and watched several resort buses go on in.

KylesMom
03-12-2008, 08:48 PM
We always participate in AK's a.m. EMH, and have never had a problem accessing the parking lot at 7:20 - 7:30 am. We usually park in the Unicorn section, and walk to the entrance, which is just a bit further than where the busses drop off guests. Unless they have recently changed protocol, you shouldn't have a problem accessing the parking lot. I wonder why would they do this for AK (keep the lot closed) but not for the other EMH a.m. parks?

In fact, our biggest problem with AK's a.m. EMHs have been the size of crowds trying to get through the gates and to the hub for The Awakening before rope drop . . . and of course the race to E:E! But we've never had a problem accessing parking. We drive to every park except for MK - just our preference - but it's nice to have the car there when it's icky-hot and you're ready to leave for the pool! :mickey: I wonder if it depends on what season you go in, based on Quasimodo's comments?

NJ Camper
03-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Just wondering do you think you get to the park much faster by driving your car vs buses i love all the time in the park i can get but don't think the gas driving to the parks for 2 weeks after i drive from NJ and then drive home is worth the time saved unless someone can tell me that i'm saving alot of time we never seem to wait long for buses from FW but maybe i'm wrong?????

#1donaldfan
03-12-2008, 09:57 PM
I just wanted to add that taking a car to the parks would ruin our vacation !!!! We are so used to parking ours upon check-in, then just forgetting about it for the length of our stay!!! :mickey:

MushuMulan
03-13-2008, 12:24 AM
Just wondering do you think you get to the park much faster by driving your car vs buses i love all the time in the park i can get but don't think the gas driving to the parks for 2 weeks after i drive from NJ and then drive home is worth the time saved unless someone can tell me that i'm saving alot of time we never seem to wait long for buses from FW but maybe i'm wrong?????

I'd say you should use the buses. The buses are normally very fast and efficient, and it's not very often that you'll find it running late.

Even if it wasn't always on time, I'd take a free ride over having to spend money on gas!