PDA

View Full Version : World Showcase wines...

julyjewel
03-12-2008, 03:02 PM
I have heard that Germany and France sell wines at World SHowcase. Can anybody tell me about the types of wine you have purchased at World Showcase. :wine:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-12-2008, 03:10 PM
I dunno if you can get it all the time, but during the F&W 2 years ago, my friend bought Plum Wine from Japan and let me have a sip... OMG amazingness. I didn't get any myself because I am not a big wine drinker--can't really stand the taste. But this stuff is really sweet and not too bitter or strong. I keep meaning to ask when we go to see if you can get it all the time, so I don't know...

Tinksalot
03-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Ooooh! I've had that plum wine. I don't like it at all! I have bought Reisling from Germany though, can't remember the brand but it was very good. They usually have tastings in the countries for a small charge. :wine:

GrumpySue
03-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Around Christmas-time last year they were selling Glow Wine in Germany. It was served warm and it was a spiced red wine that was absolutely delicious. I brought home two bottles. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
03-12-2008, 04:06 PM
You can do tastings in France, Italy, and Germany. We've never bought wine by the bottle at any of them, though. We have a great wine selection in stores at home, so no need. But they have varieties to suit all tastes. When you do the tastings, they pour and take time to discuss the wine with you. They don't always know a whole lot about the wine, actually, but it's a nice time to chat to natives about their own countries.

JerseyDad
03-12-2008, 04:19 PM
....we've purchased some wine in France when at Epcot....but our "main" alcoholic beverage purchases (bottled)...are in Japan. They have a HUGE selection of Sake`(and plum wine)...and we've made it a point to get some each time we're there. Particularly since the wife LOVES Sake'.

Bobby T
03-13-2008, 10:32 PM
If you are wine shopping within World Showcase, a cup of Champagne in France overlooking the International Gateway or World Showcase Lagoon is a requirement.

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-14-2008, 01:04 AM
Germany, France and Italy sell wine. I pick up a bottle every trip. Germany has Gluhwein....a wine servered warm at Christmas time. It is very different. They also have P.J. Valckenberg and Graff. Italy has Col di Sasso and Centine. Those are the only ones I remember. I can't think of any from France. Hope this helps some.

pittsburgh12
03-14-2008, 07:40 PM
I am not positive but last time we were at EPCOT 05' I think my brother bought a bottle of wine in Mexico!!! He loves wine and I am almost positive he bought wine here but don't quote me.