PDA

View Full Version : June 9-13? Crowds?

DisneyFreak23
03-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Ok, so my friend, her grandmother, my grandmother and I will be going to the Wonderful Walt Disney World this June 9-13. We are going to try and get as much park time as possible without running the grandmothers down. I am wondering how bad the crowds will actually be. this is the closest to a peak time i have ever gone, all of the other times were in Sept, Nov, Dec,. So i know that there will probably be more people than i am used to, but hey its Disney! anyways, has anyone gone during this time? If so, how bad are the crowds? How long can i expect the lines to be?:confused:

Let me know!:mickey:

King Triton
03-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Well, the crowds will be picking up then. The southern schools will probably be out when you go, so I would expect the crowd to slightly increase during your stay. It will be fairly crowded, but if you use your FastPass wisely, you should be fine.

Also keep in mind that you'll be about a week away from the first day of summer, which means the sun will be almost as intense as it gets. Be real careful not to run the grandmas down.

GrumpyFan
03-12-2008, 03:36 PM
The crowds and temperatures really start growing in early June. You should expect wait times on the most popular attractions of an hour or more. Your best bet might be to try and go early in the morning, take a mid-day break maybe go for lunch at a resort, or catch a nap when it's the hottest, then come back early evening.

doodleboy
03-12-2008, 03:52 PM
According to the crowd-level calendar:
June 9 -- 9
June 10 -- 8
June 11 -- 8
June 12 -- 9
June 13 -- 9

Not sure how accurate this is, but those numbers are up there. I went over Memorial Day weekend last year when the numbers were similar. It was not that bad really. You just have to do a little planning. Starting early is a good idea most days, but can work against you if a park has EMH in the AM. I would bet the two grandmothers are early risers. EPCOT absorbs the most people when the parks get crowded on busy days, but I have found that the sun can really beat you down in that park. It's WDW, you will have a great time no matter what the crowds are like.

KylesMom
03-12-2008, 07:12 PM
The crowds and temperatures really start growing in early June. You should expect wait times on the most popular attractions of an hour or more. Your best bet might be to try and go early in the morning, take a mid-day break maybe go for lunch at a resort, or catch a nap when it's the hottest, then come back early evening.
We have gone a few times during this time period, and we do exactly that - hit the parks at opening, usually take a break in the afternoon, and then return to the park of our choice as the sun is setting. The heat and humidity can really take their toll.

Take advantage of EMH when you can. Be prepared to utilize FastPass where available, and be sure to keep hydrated.

By no means are the crowds prohibitive, but you will find wait times exceeding an hour in many cases. Enjoy! :mickey:

SgtTigger
03-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Boy do I have bad news for you.......

You see I will be there on the 9th through the 11th........... So since I will be there I can tell you it will be crowded just because of that.....

:cop: :tigger:

garymacd
03-13-2008, 10:03 PM
Well, hopefully it won't be all bad news. With any luck the love bugs will be gone by then. I think our week in May will be in the thick of them.

Epcot fan 421
03-15-2008, 02:26 AM
Also, your last day, the 13th will most likely be apart of Star Wars Weekends at the Studios. So if you love Star Wars check it out! But if you don't like it so much, it's usually much more crowded than the other parks.

princessjojo
03-16-2008, 11:33 AM
They're right about the southern schools. Our school gets out June 4. My sister who is going with us gets out of school June 6. My neice and nephew, also going get out June 10. So I made the decision that if they wanted to go with us, they woundn't go that last day. We'll be there June 10-19.:cloud9:

DisneyMama18
03-17-2008, 04:22 PM
My family and I were in Disney this past June 10th -16th. It was very crowded and hot, but it is managable with proper planning. #1 suggestion I have is use fastpasses wisely for all of the popular attractions. The wait time for Soarin, Test Track, Expedition Everest, Kilamanjaro Safari, Pirates of the Carribbean, Space Mountain were all 2 to 2.5 hours. We used fastpasses for all of these attractions and waited no more than 10 minutes for most rides. Space Mountain and Soaring were a half hour wait even with fastpasses. If you can get up early and be there when the park opens you can see much of the park before noon when the crowds really pick up. Another good time to enjoy the attractions is during the afternoon or evening parades. These attract a large portion of the park attendants so lines are shorter during these parades. Schedule your dining reservations at not so common lunch and dinner times also. It will be easier to get reservations and you can also enjoy the attractions while alot of people are eating. Good Luck!

SoaringDisney
03-17-2008, 06:17 PM
My last trip was during that very week. We had a wonderful time, but when I think back on the trip my first thought I have is sweat. I sweated five pounds off that week. So I would probably worry more about preparing for the temps :fan:rather than the crowds.

JRoberts1015
03-18-2008, 10:16 AM
"Don't kill the messenger"

When I was making my reservations for the first week in June, I discovered that June 3-9 is "Gay Days" at Disney. I personally do not want to expose my little ones to that kind of lifestyle walking around, so I changed my dates. Please keep in mind that this was my personal decision and in no way am I trying to influence anyone.

BriarRose0708
03-18-2008, 10:45 AM
My best friend and I will be there June 4 - 11. From what I gather from research and feed back from everyone on INTERCOT, just be prepared. We're getting up early the first half of the trip, and then taking it easy the second half so we can relax a little. Taking breaks during the day is a great idea, especially because a thunder storm usually hits anywhere between 2 and 4 pm every day. The rain helps cool the temps down, and can clear out the parks some. If you haven't made ADRs yet, do it now! Have a great time, and maybe we'll run into each other!:mickey:

tinklover
03-18-2008, 11:08 AM
We will be there the 7th thru the 12th. as teh other posters have mentioned it will be HOT HOT HOT. make sure to have plenty of water and wear light colored clothing and sunbock. definitely take advantage of the fastpasses and EMH. I have our park days 8-11th set for the evening EMH hours so in the heat of teh day we can go and relax in the pool or in our airconditioned rooms and come back out to thepark in teh evenings when it is not as hot. see all of you there :D:cloud9::number1:

sheltie
03-19-2008, 07:48 AM
i will be down there june 6th to june 15th. i guess it can not be any hotter than when i went down last year which was the last two weeks of july. i know some of our schools have extra days added on at the end of the scool year because of snow days. so i am hopeing that at least the first 2 or 3 days will not be as crowded as when i went down last time at the end of july.:fingers:

aurorafan
03-19-2008, 09:31 AM
We just made the decision to go for DH's conference, but the kids are still in school so it will be a quick trip (8th-11th). His first hotel was off-site and would have made the afternoon break more difficult, so the change to the Hilton at DTD was great! I've told my kids we're going to take it easy since this is a "bonus" trip for us (our big family trip is in Dec.). We're going at park opening, staying a few hours and then leaving around lunch time for the break. We'll go back around 5 or so for dinner and fireworks :)