PDA

View Full Version : We need some Pixie Dust in GA

murphy1
03-12-2008, 11:21 AM
I have been so upset by the murders of the three girls from our area in the last two months. Lauren Burk, who was the girl killed at Auburn was in the same class and friends with my friend's daughter. Then we have the girl at UNC and I still think about poor Meredith Emerson. It's just terrible that the world is like this and I have three girls I have to protect somehow, it's scary. I am so careful anyway, but you just never know. I am having the same kind of fear I had back when the UF students were murdered.

Shari

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-12-2008, 11:29 AM
It is terribly frightening... With everything that has been happening lately at college campuses around the world, it is certainly unsettling to be a college student right now...

I hope that your friend's daughter is coping ok with everything. I will be thinking of your community. Here's some :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: for you.

MsMin
03-12-2008, 12:25 PM
I do understand your fears. In around 03 we had the serial killer Todd Lee who brutally murdered women, most who where successful or had plenty of potential:( When they brought in the blood hounds they passed w/i 2 blocks of my house and I wouldn't let my dd wait for the school bus at 5am.
We lost 46 woman (last I heard) and we were all living in fear.
Dec. we had two male grad students from India who were murdered in an execution type fashion. It's scary. It's safety week @ LSU so they are working on putting up more lights etc.
:pixie: for all campuses to remain safe :pixie:

Disneyatic
03-12-2008, 03:52 PM
:pixie:
It is very scary how much senseless violence there is and it is so sad when a young person (or any person for that matter) looses their life so tragically. I understand the feeling of fear and vulnerability and how it translates to your own children.
The Virginia Tech shootings actually inspired me to change my degree to Education because I want to be able to touch people's lives and hopefully make a difference.
I know it's not college related, but we had an incident this morning where a mother pushed her kids off a bridge onto a busy highway during morning drive time and then jumped herself. The last the news reported the children were at a hospital and their condition was not released.
It just hurts your heart to hear about something so unnecessary that causes so much damage.
:pixie: to everyone for safety and security.

mrsgaribaldi
03-12-2008, 11:55 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: for everyone's safety

Terra
03-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Many thoughts and pixie dust! :pixie:

You had actually been on my mind the last couple of weeks!

It IS so scary with children and trying to protect them! I can't even hardly watch the news anymore when I hear reports such as this!

murphy1
03-13-2008, 03:13 PM
Terra, you are so sweet. Well, the good news is that they have caught everyone that was involved in all these horrible crimes, so I feel like the police are doing a great job.