PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought a sports sticker with their child's name on it?

WDWhuny
03-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Has anyone bought a sticker for the back of the window of their car that has their child's sport and name on it? If you did, how much did you pay for it and how do you feel about these stickers? Thanks for your input!-LuAnn

tink2006
03-12-2008, 10:49 AM
We have one but it does not have his name on it (not an option at the time). It has a soccer ball and the league name. I think we paid $5.

I am not sure how I would feel about the name :confused: If possible, I think I would choose the number instead of the name. Too many sick people out there :(

WDWhuny
03-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Everyone around here does it and my husband does this at work. He wants to make them for the kids with their names. I am totally against putting their names on the car. He thinks I am over reacting and that we should be proud of them. I just wanted other people's opinions. Thanks!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Everyone around here does it and my husband does this at work. He wants to make them for the kids with their names. I am totally against putting their names on the car. He thinks I am over reacting and that we should be proud of them. I just wanted other people's opinions. Thanks!

If you don't feel comfortable putting the names on, then don't... nothing like feeling nervous while driving, especially over a name! Like the other poster said, what about a number or the league name, or initials maybe? I have my name and my DD's name under a Tinkerbell on my back window. It is small and in pink, so barely visible. But those soccer balls and baseballs and cheerleading megaphones are black and white and clearly read... I would be nervous about putting her name on one of those, especially when she is a school age child...

but again, if you aren't comfortable with it, don't do it. Go with your gut! :thumbsup:

Zippy 1
03-12-2008, 12:28 PM
We have a figure skater with our daughter's first name only on it. We paid $6 for it. She loves it:thumbsup:

bucky at disney
03-12-2008, 01:15 PM
We have a football helmet - but instead of DS first name on it - we put our last name on it. I think it was either $5 or $10.

WDWhuny
03-13-2008, 08:13 AM
Thanks, I never thought of putting our last name on the stickers. What a great idea! You guys are the best!

MNNHFLTX
03-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Thanks, I never thought of putting our last name on the stickers. What a great idea! You guys are the best!If it were me, putting our last name on the sticker would make me more uncomfortable, especially if it could be looked up on the internet or in a phone book.

I don't have any stickers on our car, but many people around here do (with their child's first name). I think the schools around here charge $6-8.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-15-2008, 11:50 PM
I am paranoid about putting my kids names on anything that is visible. Outside of backpacks, clothes, etc. So, a sticker on my car would be out of the question...lol. :blush:

I stick with DH's volunteer FD sticker and my NYY sticker!:thumbsup:

PirateLover
03-16-2008, 03:55 AM
I guess the number would be better than nothing, or perhaps just initials. But I agree that a child's name should ever be placed on anything that is visible to strangers. There are too many sickos out there. Even if everyone is doing it, it doesn't make it safe. It only takes one time....In my opinion there are plenty of ways to show a child that you are proud of them that doesn't include placing their name on a vehicle that will possibly be seen by dozens if not hundreds of people every day.

Jeff
03-16-2008, 08:50 AM
No more stickers on our cars. We got a new van "keyed" when at a football game in a rival town.