PDA

View Full Version : Drew Brees

Melanie
03-12-2008, 06:30 AM
Drew Brees, along with Billy Miller (Saints) and Donnie Edwards (Chiefs) were at our exchange today for a USO tour, and we took our boys up to meet them. My youngest had on his Pro Bowl shirt my husband had bought him in Hawaii earlier this year, and Ryan decided he wanted to have the guys sign the shirt.

While we were waiting in line, Ryan asks me if Brees played in the Pro Bowl. I said he didn't this year, but that he had last year. Ryan is a bit of a firecracker, and although he's a good kid, he sometimes says things I can't believe comes out of his mouth. So I shouldn't have been surprised when he got up to Brees and says "I know you didn't make the Pro Bowl this year, but can you sign my shirt anyway?" I wanted to die! :hide: Drew says "whoa, whoa, whoa!" and proceeds to give Ryan a hard time and then everyone got in on it and it turned out to be hilarious. What a great group of guys! I've never even heard of Billy Miller, but he was great.

We really appreciate those who participate in these USO tours. It's an awesome organization and a great thing they do for the troops, bringing a little bit of home to those of us so far away. :flag:

Mufasa
03-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Ryan is a bit of a firecracker, and although he's a good kid, he sometimes says things I can't believe comes out of his mouth. So I shouldn't have been surprised when he got up to Brees and says "I know you didn't make the Pro Bowl this year, but can you sign my shirt anyway?" I wanted to die! :hide: Drew says "whoa, whoa, whoa!" and proceeds to give Ryan a hard time and then everyone got in on it and it turned out to be hilarious.

You know, it could always have been much, much worse and that's probably mild compared to some comments the players have heard.

It's not like you were asking him to sign something like a Philip Rivers jersey.

kakn7294
03-12-2008, 09:34 AM
I'm glad Brees was such a good sport about it - what a fun time for your guys!

JerseyMouse
03-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Brees sounds like a winner, on and off the field. I know he was voted co-Man of the Year (along with LaDainian Tomlinson) for his efforts in New Orleans after Katrina.

Doesn't surprise me he was such a good sport. Posts like this make me realize that the NFL, and sports in general, are full of good athletes, both male and female.

We need more stories like this, and less mention of Pacman Jones.

Melanie
03-12-2008, 08:37 PM
It's not like you were asking him to sign something like a Philip Rivers jersey.

Doh!

Doesn't surprise me he was such a good sport. Posts like this make me realize that the NFL, and sports in general, are full of good athletes, both male and female.

Yes, they all seemed like really good guys, and I like to think the good guys outweigh the bad ones we hear so much about.

I was doing some reading up on Donnie Edwards, and apparently he's quite the Disney fan. Wish I would have known that before we met him yesterday.

Jeff
03-12-2008, 08:40 PM
What a great family memory you have made. I bet your boys wil be telling that story to their kids some day.

Very cool experience.:thumbsup:

JPL
03-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Very cool :thumbsup:

BluewaterBrad
03-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Brees sounds like a winner, on and off the field. I know he was voted co-Man of the Year (along with LaDainian Tomlinson) for his efforts in New Orleans after Katrina.

We need more stories like this, and less mention of Pacman Jones.

I agree 100%!!:mickey: