PDA

View Full Version : Texas Intercot Meet!!!

DisneyDudet
03-11-2008, 10:33 PM
OK guys, it has been a while since we had a Texas meet, and I think it should happen!

I was thinking this summer, so that those who might need to travel can make arrangements.

Any ideas of a time? Place? I was thinking maybe Dallas or someplace close. I know last time Rhonda and I met at the Rainforest Cafe at Grapevine Mills Mall in Grapevine. We can do that again if anyone wants to!

adoptionislove
03-11-2008, 11:52 PM
Oh, that would be GREAT!!!!

I would love to meet all my fellow Texas Intercotees!!!

Rainforest Cafe sounds good to me!

Michelle

AuntDJ
03-12-2008, 09:42 AM
I would love to meet the fellow Texan's on this board.

I am good for Dallas, just let me know when.

DJ

DisneyDudet
03-12-2008, 10:53 AM
Awesome! Looks like we have, at least, one place!

Anyone have any ideas on when? I will be out of town June 21-26 for the DISNEY CRUISE!!! Other than that, I'm good!

What about the second weekend in July? I want to be able to get everyone here!

Beast_fanatic
03-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Hey! I forgot to stop in here the other night when I said I would. :blush:

I'm up for a meet! At this point, the only dates that I know that are tied up this summer are July 19th (niece's wedding shower) and August 2nd (niece's wedding). I do expect to have at least one work weekend, but I don't know when it will be yet.

I will have a little INTERCOT goodie for anyone that shows up. :thumbsup:

Here we go again...
03-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Hmmm... I might be able to work out a quick trip to Dallas.
Let me know when, I already know where Grapevine mall is! ;)

TexasPrincessAurora
03-20-2008, 01:28 AM
Count me in! I don't think, at this point, we have a whole lot scheduled during the summer, with the exception of July 4th holidays. Anywhere in DFW is great with me, although Rainforest Cafe is always neat for the WDW connection (although it can never be as cool as the ones at WDW!). Just let me know!

DisneyDudet
03-20-2008, 05:35 PM
I was looking at my calendar, and thinking July 12?
That's the Saturday AFTER the July 4th weekend.

What do you guys think???

Beast_fanatic
03-23-2008, 08:40 PM
As far as I know, that date is OK with me.

Here we go again...
04-01-2008, 07:18 AM
That should work for us. That way Taylor can come too. :mickey:

AuntDJ
04-01-2008, 09:11 AM
That date should work for me too! I am sooo excited, my first Intercot Meet!

D

DisneyDudet
04-02-2008, 11:10 AM
This is great! I hope some more people can make it! Ask everyone you see!

I would LOVE to have a big turnout!

MickeyandTink
04-17-2008, 06:39 PM
I'm a little late to the party, but that sounds like a lot of fun. We're only two hours away from Grapevine. :car:

And of course, besides Rainforest cafe there is also the Disney store outlet there. :spend:

DisneyDudet
05-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Hey all!

Sorry its been so long, but I've been trying to recruit some of us for the meet, and I can't get anymore!!

Anywho, I was thinking that maybe after Lunch, we could look around, check out the Disney Store, and maybe see Wall E?? We could have a plan, and those who can make it, can head on over, and those who need to leave, won't feel committed.

Families are so welcome!

Are we still on for July 12?

TexasPrincessAurora
05-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Unfortunately I won't be able to be there on July 12th. DH has asked to fish in a tournament that weekend as his birthday gift. Hopefully next meet I will be able to attend. Have a great time for me too!

DisneyDudet
05-27-2008, 12:30 AM
Unfortunately I won't be able to be there on July 12th. DH has asked to fish in a tournament that weekend as his birthday gift. Hopefully next meet I will be able to attend. Have a great time for me too!

I am so sorry to hear you won't be able to make the meet! I hope to make a N.Texas meet a regular thing (ever 4-6 months). I will keep you posted on upcoming meets!

We will miss you!

How many others do we have in so far??

Texas Tinkerbell Too
05-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Hello! I am glad I PM'd you Morgan or I would have never known about a "Texas Meet". I think my family and I will try to catch up with you all. My boys are really excited about seeing WallE. Look forward to meeting everyone.

AuntDJ
05-28-2008, 01:21 PM
As of right now, I am in....not sure about the movie, but I will be there for lunch.

I am excited for my first meeting of fellow intercottees!

DJ

Donalds Duckie
05-28-2008, 09:22 PM
I would like to try and make it up for this meet! Grapevine Mills Mall is a great location for a meet!:mickey: Love the idea of Rainforest, Disney Store, and seeing WallE!:mickey::cloud9:

It's quite a drive from Bastrop so I'll probably just fly up for the weekend. This will be a perfect Disney meet birthday trip (10 days early). I've stayed at the Hilton right there by the Grapevine Mall a few times, always great weekend rates and basically in the mall parking lot. Is it still there?

For Grapevine, I should fly AA into DFW, right? I want to taxi between airport and hotel to avoid cost and hassle of rental car, and you know, LOL, make it more like my trips to WDW!:cool:

DisneyDudet, you MUST share pics and stories from your cruise!

DisneyDudet, should I wait a bit longer before booking my flight? Or, is this going to happen even if there's just a few of us? I'm not worried about the hotel since that's no penalty to cancel before deadline.

Wow, I'm happy I popped over here tonight!

Oh, do we have any idea of what time this meet will begin July 12?

DisneyDudet
05-30-2008, 10:36 AM
I would like to try and make it up for this meet! Grapevine Mills Mall is a great location for a meet!:mickey: Love the idea of Rainforest, Disney Store, and seeing WallE!:mickey::cloud9:

It's quite a drive from Bastrop so I'll probably just fly up for the weekend. This will be a perfect Disney meet birthday trip (10 days early). I've stayed at the Hilton right there by the Grapevine Mall a few times, always great weekend rates and basically in the mall parking lot. Is it still there?

For Grapevine, I should fly AA into DFW, right? I want to taxi between airport and hotel to avoid cost and hassle of rental car, and you know, LOL, make it more like my trips to WDW!:cool:

DisneyDudet, you MUST share pics and stories from your cruise!

DisneyDudet, should I wait a bit longer before booking my flight? Or, is this going to happen even if there's just a few of us? I'm not worried about the hotel since that's no penalty to cancel before deadline.

Wow, I'm happy I popped over here tonight!

Oh, do we have any idea of what time this meet will begin July 12?

The Hilton is still there, so there's no problem there!

We will most certainly do this even if its just a few of us! Heck, last time it was just me and Rhonda! I was hoping to have more time to hang out w/ those who are traveling a little far to meet, so that is why I suggested WallE. I live about 45 min away, so I can hang out all day. I've requested the day off of work, and I've been assured that I will get it. So, I will, at least, be there!

I am thinking that probably around 11 for lunch so that we can get in before the huge crowds. We can decide on movie times closer to the date.

How does that sound?

Most importantly, for all of you guys that are planning on coming (and those who can't, even), please look out for those that live close by, and send them a PM about our meet. Navigating the boards is so much more fun when you can generate a friendship, or, at least, put a face to a screen name. Lets get this meet HUGE!

Donalds Duckie
05-31-2008, 05:03 PM
I'll be there!:mickey: I booked Hilton DFW Lakes this morning for $92/night:thumbsup: I'm flying up after work Friday night since I'll already be in Austin saving me the drive back to Austin Sat. morning to catch a flight. I'll fly back Sunday after check-out.

Haven't booked flight yet. Just a matter of which will save me a few more dollars - SW into Love then taxi/rental car to Grapevine, or AA into DFW for a few dollars more and free hotel shuttle to/from DFW. SW fares are great but add in taxi or rental car, looks like cost will be the same as flying into DFW just 2 miles from the hotel and meet location.

11 a.m. lunch at Rainforest is great! It gives us time for a leisurely lunch and getting acquainted or reacquainted with folks. I say we definitely need to hit the Disney Store before or after WallE. If WallE is after Disney Store we should consider having coffee somewhere so we can share our thoughts on the film. What do you think?

I'm looking forward to meeting you all. Hope we have a good turnout, but it will be fun even with a few attendees.

LOL, I was trying like mad to budget a Fri-Sun WDW trip around this same timeframe but could not justify the expense. Now I have a "Disney-related" weekend away for a LOT less $$$ and travel.

Beast_fanatic
06-01-2008, 09:10 PM
As far as I know, I'm still in, and I'm still planning on dragging Robert along with me (he is an INTERCOT member, he just rarely posts). July 12th is one of the days that we're having a working weekend, but I had put this on the calendar before that came out, so hopefully it'll be OK.

MickeyandTink
06-02-2008, 03:07 PM
I've penciled in the 12th. We'll probably drive :car: down in the morning, so 11 am should be good.

Now this may be a silly question, but how will we recognize each other? Even if it is obvious in the RainForest Cafe waiting area, if someone is running a little late how are they going to know who to look for?

Beast_fanatic
06-07-2008, 12:31 AM
Well, I know that Morgan and I both have INTERCOT shirts, so that's a start.

Donalds Duckie
06-07-2008, 05:26 AM

Great idea Beast_Fanatic!:thumbsup: I'll wear my Intercot t-shirt too.:mickey:

DisneyDudet
06-09-2008, 11:02 AM

Hmmm.. Rhonda, have you been looking in my closet again?

In fact, I purchased ANOTHER Icot shirt, so we'll just see which one I wear! I just don't know! I have so many (3)!

I'm getting quite excited about all this!!!

MickeyandTink
06-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Well, I'll make sure we're in some Disney shirts. That should narrow it down a bit.

DisneyDudet
06-27-2008, 03:52 PM
Ok guys! We're about a few weeks from the meet, and I would really like to start narrowing things down a bit!

We will meet near the check in stand at the Rainforest Cafe at 11am. This will allow time for those having to drive a while to get there without having to get up at the crack of dawn. We can eat there, chat it up a bit, then, depending on movie time, we can head over to see Wall*E. I will gather some movie times, and we can decide which one to see that day. We will visit the Disney Store, which isn't too far from the theater entrance, so that will work out!

Keep looking out for others close by!

About a week before, I will ask for a full head count so we can make sure we have a good count for a table!

AuntDJ
07-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Hey all!

So far I am still a go for this....I am so excited! This is my first meet!

I tried to meet Capt. Jessica during my recent trip, but it was harder than I thought. the Emporium seemed huge and the 7 year old was not into letting me look!

See ya next weekend!

DJ

Texas Tinkerbell Too
07-04-2008, 06:47 AM
Hello!

I guess I won't be able to join ya'll. :(

They kids have swim lessons at 12:15pm. They were originally scheduled for 9:15am when I signed them up. The school changed the time at the last minute. :mad: DH will not be able to take them to lessons due to other obligations.

Ya'll have fun. Let me know if you have another meet soon.

AuntDJ
07-05-2008, 11:13 PM
I forgot to mention that I am bringing my BFF Keri....not quite as "into" Disney as I am, but she is a willing participant!

Let me know the final details....

DJ

DisneyDudet
07-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Hello!

I guess I won't be able to join ya'll. :(

They kids have swim lessons at 12:15pm. They were originally scheduled for 9:15am when I signed them up. The school changed the time at the last minute. :mad: DH will not be able to take them to lessons due to other obligations.

Ya'll have fun. Let me know if you have another meet soon.

We will miss you! So sorry you cannot join us. Hopefully this meet will go well enough so that we will want to do another meet!

I forgot to mention that I am bringing my BFF Keri....not quite as "into" Disney as I am, but she is a willing participant!

Let me know the final details....

DJ

The more the merrier! I will be notifying those who said they may come today by PM or email, so we should have a good headcount soon. I will come back with final plans!

DisneyDudet
07-07-2008, 11:37 AM
OK- as of July 7 at 10:30 am, these are who I have as for sures...

Me-Morgan
Rhonda (Beast_Fanatic) and Robert (EarForceOne)
AuntDJ and friend Keri

I still haven't heard from a few people, so this number can grow.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
07-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Thanks, Morgan!

I know ya'll will have a great time. We took the boys to see Wall-E this weekend. It was adorable. Even my DH really enjoyed it.

Please, Keep in touch.

DisneyDudet
07-10-2008, 05:58 PM
I have gotten a few responses back. My PMs got messed up to a few people, so I had to resend them the other day. I hope to get some responses back before Sat!!

So far, these are the ones how have RSVP'd:
Me-Morgan
Rhonda (Beast_Fanatic) and Robert (EarForceOne)
AuntDJ and friend Keri

Regrets:
Angel
Texas_Tinkerbell_Too
Donalds_Duckie
TexasPrincessAurora
MickeyandTink

No response:
adoptionislove

I hope no response means a yes response.

If you see these great folks around the boards, please ask them if they are attending, and let me know! If not, we'll save a place for them!

Morgan