PDA

View Full Version : When Do You Like To Go?

elmjimmlm
03-11-2008, 07:11 PM
There are so many threads on here about the different times during the year to go...Do you like a winter getaway:snowball:, spring break:flower:, hot summer:sun:, slow relaxing fall :bored: or holiday time? :bunny::flag::turkey::deer:
With so many wondering what time is a good time, why not vote...

GrmGrninGost
03-11-2008, 07:23 PM
My most favorite of all is September or October! I love MNSSHP! :mpumpkin: Usually the weather is great that time of year! I can't wait until this September! Time to go back!

devoted93
03-11-2008, 07:25 PM
None of the above - September AFTER classes start! I'm not in school and neither are my friends, so it's great to be there when very few others are.

SgtTigger
03-11-2008, 07:25 PM
We go in June and November but I love going in November more than June....

We go right before Thanksgiving and they have all the Christmas decorations up..... what better way than to start of the holiday season than that.......

:cop: :tigger:

BMan62
03-11-2008, 07:37 PM
None of the above - September AFTER classes start! I'm not in school and neither are my friends, so it's great to be there when very few others are.

:ditto:
Parks are much more fun with fewer people to trip over.

wilshade
03-11-2008, 07:53 PM
I like going the first two weeks of December to enjoy all of the Christmas stuff.

alwaysmickey
03-11-2008, 08:31 PM
all of the above!!:thumbsup: we've been in every month but july.

to me, anytime at wdw is a good time to go:mjump::mjump:

dteed
03-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Early spring, usually Mardi Gras is during this time.

Love of Disney
03-11-2008, 09:40 PM
We always go in July or August....hot, but we like it that way!! :cool::donald:

disneymom15
03-11-2008, 10:02 PM
That was a tough question. Any time of year is fine with me. I've been to Disney during every month except Nov. I picked holidays. Husband and I did a trip this last Dec (11-15) and had such a great time. The weather was absolutly wonderful (80 degrees) and the decorations were awsome.

bruin1344
03-11-2008, 10:20 PM
i enjoy going in may but my friend who is a disney vacation club member is a teacher and the end of august in the most convenient time to go for us

ASweetLov
03-11-2008, 11:54 PM
I have only been at WDW in April and July. I loved both of my vacations but in July it was so humid, so I voted for spring time before school is out:thumbsup:

Soul_Power
03-12-2008, 12:10 AM
The first time I went, it was the end of May through the beginning of June. It was HOT, but I liked it! It rained for about 15 minutes on one of the days, but other than that the weather was nice.

I'm looking forward to going again in December 2009 to see the Christmas decorations, though! (That's if the boyfriend agrees to take another trip). :mickey:

RAIDER
03-12-2008, 04:47 AM
I love going in dec when the xmas decorations are out ..For me thats wdw at its best :thumbsup::mickey::santa3::santa::snowman::deer::t ree:

Von-Drake
03-12-2008, 07:38 AM
None of the above. I did not see Fall on the choice list. My favorite is September/October. But one year I would like to try a January/February time frame.

ChipDale2708
03-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Ditto on 'None of the above'! I prefer October/November for my birthday :party:. Have been all different times of the year except summer, which I don't think I could every do - way too humid. February would have to be second choice. Can't wait 'til this October!!

DNS
03-12-2008, 10:51 AM
I didn't vote because we like to go in September or October.

JerseyDad
03-12-2008, 11:48 AM
....I too didn't vote...either:(

....me thinks that the poll needs another choice!!

"Jersey Week":party: :party: :party:

...which is generally the 1st week of November (technically you could....call it "the fall")

We've done the spring-time trip to WDW...once...right before Easter...and it was HOT...and it was CROWDED.

...the fall, by comparison is like night & day from the spring trip. The weather has always been good (it did rain once for 10 minutes)...temperatures [daytime] were generally in the low to mid 80's...and the crowds were half of what we saw in the spring-break time.

...and added feature is that we always get to catch the last week of the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot...and the Christmas decorations are up.

Polynesian Dweller
03-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Another other here! Late September through early November is our favorite time.

#1donaldfan
03-12-2008, 02:13 PM
ANYTIME I CAN !!!!:thumbsup:

biodtl
03-12-2008, 02:22 PM
We love october, but I fear this is the last year we will be able to go then, since it is getting too hard to take our son out of school. It wil be summer from now on - ughhhh.

Of course, hot, humid WDW is better than no WDW at all.

threeh
03-12-2008, 02:58 PM
I used to go in the fall, early to late Sept but this year we moved to near lake erie and decided to go in Februaury because of our move. What a treat to go in the winter. We left ice and snow in Northwest PA for sunny florida skies. Avg temp high 70's, not too too hot and great crowd levels. we went to the P&P party on a tuesday and we were practically by ourselves. Same thing with late night EMH (which I avoided at all costs in the fall).
I can't wait to escape the winter next year!!:thumbsup:

beksy
03-13-2008, 11:17 AM
We seem to always to in February now or in the summer months when I was growing up. I prefer February but want to try a fall trip soon. I can't stand heat or humidity for long now so the summer months are out but any other time I'd go! :mickey:

CU Tiger
03-13-2008, 12:33 PM
We try to go between spring break and the end of the school year. The crowds are light, prices are down, and the weather is great.:mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-13-2008, 12:46 PM
We like to go after school starts in the fall. I like going when it's cooler and there are less crowds.

Hull-onian
03-13-2008, 07:06 PM
We try and go around Columbus Holiday. It is like October 12th 13th etc. We find the parks not to be too busy and the weather, just right.:thumbsup:

tjstrike
03-15-2008, 12:39 AM
We like to go the last of Sept. and the first part of Feb. I love Disney but I hate big crowds so I like to try and get the best of both worlds !!

mouselover93
03-17-2008, 07:57 AM
i picked winter cuz im front pa so i gennerally am use to coldness but like the nice warmth at night and day compared to wearing god knows how many layers and sleeping with 50 blankets ( literally )

dfamasb
03-17-2008, 11:03 AM
I like going the first two weeks of December to enjoy all of the Christmas stuff.

:ditto: Just when you think the place can't get any more magical, up go the lights!!
I've been in July (never again!!!), early March and early December and December is by far the best for us. I'm also anxious to try out January.

Mrs. Bee
03-17-2008, 02:11 PM
We went January 24th-30th this year and it was perfect. The weather was great (in the 60's most of the time) and the crowds weren't too terrible. We'll definitely return in January again.

WDW24
03-17-2008, 04:30 PM
i go before fall classes because some kids have gone back to school so it is not as crowded and still burning hot! :flame:

wendy*darling
03-17-2008, 04:37 PM
Anytime is OK with me! :mickey:

But the fall is the best. Jersey Week was fun, but I think I like October better because I can do Food & Wine AND the Halloween Party.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

We also love the Christmas decorations- and I have to say- our very favorite moment was New Year's Eve at midnight at Epcot! The week between Christmas and New Year's is super crowded, but as veterans, we seemed to navigate pretty well. We would do it again.

KAT1811
03-17-2008, 04:47 PM
We like to go after school starts in the fall. I like going when it's cooler and there are less crowds.

:ditto: Except that it is still extremely hot for us in Sept. We like the small crowds but are unable to go in Sept. this year due to our business. We'll be trying November this year (5th - 16th). I'm keeping our fingers crossed. We've been so spoiled by Sept.

Mrs. Bee
03-17-2008, 05:10 PM
anything above 70 is too darn hot for me to be walking around all day. i prefer it to be in the mid-lower 60's.

dolphinmickey9170
03-17-2008, 05:12 PM
We really like to go in May.:mickey:

58 more days!! WOOHOO!!

Charlee
03-17-2008, 06:01 PM
We like June - we like the heat, we don't mind the crowds and the Star Wars weekends! :darth: :chewy: :yoda: