PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef/Picky Eaters

onjbj
03-11-2008, 05:00 PM
We're going to Disney in August and it's our third trip in as many years. I'm trying to change up the places where we eat a bit this year, but am having a hard time b/c I am a picky eater as are my kids. (both 3yrs old) I'd like to try Coral Reef for the atmosphere, but am not a seafood eater. Can you modify the menu selections? Instead of shrimp pasta for instance, could I substitute chicken for the shrimp? I generally can find something to eat on every menu, but this one is mostly seafood and steak- I'm a chicken and pasta girl!! Thanks for the input!

EmmMOM2
03-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Me and my DH dont like seafood either but are making ressie's here due to atmosphere.
They have steak and chicken to feed those who dont like fish. See this menu.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?Restaurant.ID=80#menu

pilk
03-11-2008, 09:05 PM
We ate here in 2005. My DW is a plain chicken eater. She doesn't like any sauces/hot spices and such. When we checked in for our resie when mentioned concerns regarding menu choices, it didn't help that she got a mild case of food poisoning the night before. The chef came out to ask what could be modified for her. They are willing to work around dietary needs. It is best to mention this prior to the day of resie though, then again on arrival.

E-OR
03-11-2008, 09:15 PM
We ate here in September and I had the steak. I was not wanting to eat sea food and got the steak which was really good. They also have a children's menu that has things that most kids will eat.

onjbj
03-12-2008, 07:31 AM
Thanks- I had already checked out that menu which is how I knew that picking something out would be hard. I don't eat red meat, so steak is out. I think I'll book it anyway and make the best of it. The kids menu is actually pretty slim- only 2 choices according to the menu posted here. I'm sure the kids will be too distracted by the aquarium to eat anyway!!

tennantsrwe
03-12-2008, 08:11 AM
Hey!
I would call Disney Dining directly and ask what the menu is for t he children. They will be able to tell you the entire menu. We, too, want to eat there but haven't because we have a few picky eaters as well. Good Luck!

yjgirl715
03-12-2008, 08:32 AM
I am also a very picky eater. I don't even like pizza and hate seafood. We ate there last year because my DH loves seafood. I was able to find stuff and I had plain chicken because I too don't like sauces on my chicken. I thought the food was very good and they accomodated me very well. Hope this helps- good luck!:mickey:

MOJoe
03-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Be careful. The Coral Reef has a very wide range of opinions as to the dining experience it provides. After reading numerous reviews over the months, i have noticed that those who try to make changes - even slight - to the way their food is prepared, are by far the most likely to have a disappointing experience. So it would be wise to select something from the menu, as is. If you feel the need to alter your selection, then you are at the wrong place.
I like the Coral Reef, and have a ressie next trip. But i would think twice before asking the kitchen to change a recipe.

ltam16
03-12-2008, 01:55 PM
We've been twice for dinner and lunch. My kids and dh eat no seafood and ds eats no chicken or meat. DH like the steak and he had some sort of sandwich for lunch. Ds had pasta and dd had chicken. They enjoyed there meal. They loved the bread basket too.

They loved the atmosphere and my kids liked the card they gave to search for the fish.

And I was happy to eat seafood...which I love.

onjbj
03-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Thanks so much for all the input.