PDA

View Full Version : BC Reservation

disneyduggan
03-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Just about to book my room at BC. Can anyone recommend a prefered building I should ask my MJ agent to try for?:mickey:

I would also like to request a full balcony. Any other special requests you would recommend I make?

Many thanks in advance...

Quasimodo
03-11-2008, 02:03 PM
I am assuming BC = Beach Club. If not, never mind :) .

The Beach Club hotel is one large building. If you want to be as close to EPCOT as you can get, ask for just that. I believe its the east end of the building that is close to the EPCOT International Gateway. If you want to be close to the main pool, you would want a room as close to the lobby as you can get.

If you want a water view, you can reserve a water view room, but they cost more. I don't know if they can guarantee that the water view will be of the lagoon though. In some Disney hotels a water view just means you can see water. Whether it is a lagoon or a pool. However notes can be made in your reservation that you would like a lagoon view instead of a pool view.

disneyduggan
03-11-2008, 03:06 PM
I did indeed mean Beach Club. I asked my Magical Journey rep. If I could request a specific building and she said yes, so I guess I'm a little confused.

Are the rooms with full balconies throughout or only at a certain area of the resort?

Other than proximity to EPCOT or the pool, is there any other reason why one side of the resort might be more appealing than the other?

Any help appreciated...

TammiMcMan
03-11-2008, 04:14 PM
I did indeed mean Beach Club. I asked my Magical Journey rep. If I could request a specific building and she said yes, so I guess I'm a little confused.I guess technically there are 2 buildings, but one houses the villas, while the other has the regular hotel rooms. Your rep may have meant what amenities would you like to be closer to, as the hotel is self-contained, but pretty spread out.

Are the rooms with full balconies throughout or only at a certain area of the resort?They are throughout, but very limited. If this is your biggest concern, I would list it as probably my first and only request.

Other than proximity to EPCOT or the pool, is there any other reason why one side of the resort might be more appealing than the other?You didn't mention what view you have booked. The front of the building overlooks the parking lot, so that is probably the least desirable standard view.

You might find it helpful to look at the resort map, http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/beachclub07.JPG .

disneyduggan
03-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Standard View...parking lot view would be least desirable for us.

Am I to understand that there are standard view rooms that do not fact the parking lot...with full balconies?

I'll take a close look at the map.

TammiMcMan
03-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Am I to understand that there are standard view rooms that do not fact the parking lot...with full balconies?If there are any, I'm not aware of them. A majority of the full balconies are found on the side of the resort which overlooks the water. Your best option, may be requesting a ground floor room by the quiet pool. This will have you overlooking the villas and give you a patio.

moe513
03-11-2008, 06:41 PM
If a full balcony is important to you you might want to consider the yc. The yc is the sister resort right next to the bc. It has a different design and almost all the rooms have full balconies. We much prefer the yc and the fact that the odds of getting a full balocony is much greater is one of many reasons.