PDA

View Full Version : Grad Night?

ASweetLov
03-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Hi I was just wondering what grad night is and when does it usually take place?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Grad Night is sponsored by many different high schools who bring their senior class to Disney. It's usually a couple of nights during April, and they get to to have PI to themselves for a few hours before heading to MK for the night. It's usually overnight, before they return to their resorts or homes.

There are usually bands that perform and when I attended in 2003, we had fireworks at PI for us. It used to require a dress code of semi-formal (church-wear/business casual) but this has changed and people can wear whatever they want now.

Carol
03-12-2008, 07:35 AM
There are many years that Grad Nights have taken place in May. You can see the dates here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/events.asp).

tennantsrwe
03-12-2008, 08:05 AM
Ahhhh....Grad Nite. I can remeber it like it was yesterday. Our HS went in 99, I believe it was toward the end of April. It's an even where HS from across the country come as a celebratory type event for their seniors. We stayed on site at All Star Movies, our trip was over a long weekend. We went to the various parks, AK had just opened. They final 'big blast' is when they open MK all night for the attendees and have special entertainment. There were DJ's, special performances and we had the 'pleasure' of seeing the infamous Ms. Britney Spears. :cool: We actually spoofed her at our senior skit when we returned...it was right after she hurt her knee preparing for her tour. Anyway, it was fun...crowded...but fun!

DisneyFanaticDargon
03-12-2008, 08:19 AM
If you are concerned about Grad Nites occurring when you are there, don't worry. They are a completely separate event from general park operation, similar to the Halloween, Christmas, and Pirate Princess Parties and MK. These events are exclusively for high school grads and Magic Kingdom closes early on the nights when these take place in order to prepare for the students. The Grad Nite crowds will not be there at the time you will be in the park.

thumperbug
03-13-2008, 11:33 AM
I know that Friday April 25 is going to be a Grad Night. MK is open to public 9-7 that day. Epcot has EMH that night from 9-12