PDA

View Full Version : Mission Space Question?

macho91
03-11-2008, 10:23 AM
My family is going to WDW this summer and my 6 year old daughter who is 48" wants to go on Mission Space this year. I have never gone on the less intense version and was wondering how it was. I will not let her go on the original version of the ride. Is the less intense version of the ride kid friendly?

medic9016
03-11-2008, 11:01 AM
We have done both. The less intense, still has some movement and you still get to push the buttons. There is no spinning and you get the same ride. I would have taken my DD on the less intense at six if she met the requirements. My DD was 9 when she did the original for the first time.

dumbo_buddy
03-11-2008, 11:17 AM
the less intense is VERY easy. the only hard part of it, in my opinion, is just the fact that you're in an enclosed space. if she is ok with that, then she'll be a-ok. DH and i bucked up and did the intense one in january. after reading so much about it i was really scared. but, i found the intense one to be pretty easy and fun. (i just had to make sure i kept breathing and i never looked side to side).

good luck with DD! she'll have a blast!:mickey:

Figment!
03-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Mission: Space Green Team is comparable to Star Tours.

It is still a motion simulator, but there are no added G-Forces created by centrifugal motion (ie it does not "spin").

As mentioned, the ride vehicle is quite enclosed. 4 Guests are seated in each pod with the screen not far from their face. If enclosed spaces is a problem for a Guest, even the Green Team would likely not be advisable.

DakandZakMom
03-11-2008, 11:54 AM
I took both of my sons 10 & 6 on the less intense version(the only one they could get me on) and we all loved it.

They really enjoyed being able to participate in the ride by pushing the buttons.

:mickey:

#1donaldfan
03-11-2008, 12:19 PM
The original is great as you know.....the other my DW and DD / DS have ridden and liked it pretty well.....:mickey:

momof3+twins
03-11-2008, 02:00 PM
I am so glad that this question was asked. I have been wondering the same thing. Do they run this version all the time or do you have to request it? Is the line longer, less long or the same as the original version?

chicklittlemom
03-11-2008, 02:01 PM
I took my then 5 year old on the less intense (Green team). It was tame. He enjoyed it very much.
I had concerns, too, before I took him on it. But we will go on Green again. (Not sure I'm ready for the other Team, myself)

chicklittlemom
03-11-2008, 02:06 PM
I am so glad that this question was asked. I have been wondering the same thing. Do they run this version all the time or do you have to request it? Is the line longer, less long or the same as the original version?

Sorry, you posted at the same time I did and I didn't see your post.

When we rode Green Team, there were 2 lines and you chose which version you want and follow that line. There was next to no wait when we got on (may have been time of day, just rained, etc.). We were the only ones in our "Spaceship". I believe the other line was a bit of a line, though.