PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining Plan

disneygal4ever
03-11-2008, 09:43 AM
We currently have reservations to visit our "home away from home" beginning September 12, 2008, and will be on the DDP. I was advised yesterday by a cast member that since we are staying on Disney property for our trip, we can make advanced dining reservations 190 days before our check in date, as opposed to the 180 days. I was told this fact by two different cast members. I was able to make dining reservations yesterday for our first four days, but was then advised that the computer would not allow any more dining reservations for my time frame due to the 190 day limit, and I should call back today to continue to make the dining reservations, even if I can only make them one day at a time. When I called this morning, I was advised differently -- I was told that there isn't any 190 day advanced dining reservation "rule" for those staying on Disney property, and that I had to follow the 180 day rule, in which I can continue to make my dining reservations on March 15. I was further informed that the cast member who assisted me in securing my dining reservations yesterday would be "spoken to." Yikes, didn't want to get anyone in trouble! Seems as though I would not have been told that by two separate cast members if it were not true. Can anyone shed any light on the 190 day advanced dining reservation if you are staying on Disney property, or is it in fact only a 180 day advanced time frame?

Rodders
03-11-2008, 09:57 AM
As I understand it, you can start to book ADR's once your check in date is 180 days away. At that point you can book up to 10 days into your holiday. I did this on Friday and had to call back a few days later for the rest of the reservations. Some of the restaurants don't abide by this +10 days rule e.g. Rainforest Cafe and Planet Hollywood. I guess that this is so that people don't need to keep calling every day to make 1 ADR at a time. Sounds like a misunderstanding to me.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-11-2008, 10:25 AM
I agree that it sounds like a misunderstanding!

One of the "perks" of staying on site is that you don't have to call back every day for ADR's. On your check-in day, you can make ADR's for your entire trip (up to 10 days).

I guess technically it could be 190 days (your 180 days + 10), but you can't make anything until 180-days before your check-in date.

Figment!
03-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Welcome to INTERCOT :hi:, Glad you're here :)

The rule for on-property Guests is that they may make reservations 180 days in advance of the first day of their stay for up to 10 days (180 +10), not 190 days in advance of their first day.

180 Days in Advance of September 12, 2008 is March 16, 2008.

So on March 16, you can make reservations for your whole trip up-to 10 days from the start of your trip.