PDA

View Full Version : Extra's on menu prices

Rodders
03-11-2008, 09:36 AM
I'm just going through the menus on info central to nail down which restaurants to pay OOP for and which to use the DDP for. Many thanks for the previous posts on the issue. Apart from the tip and other items not included in the DDP such as wine and appetizers :mad:, should I expect any other extras in the bill such as Tax. We have a rate of 17.5% over here but it has to be included in the price printed on the menu.

Thanks peeps

crazykids
03-11-2008, 11:05 AM
We just came back & you do not have to pay tax, only things not included in DDP & tip. They will hand you a receipt at the end with a spot to write in the tip before they put your card through. You have the option of paying the tip anyway you decide, we kept it convenient & charged it to the room. Even though it felt kind of awkward telling the server what they were being tipped before they rang me up, I just didn't feel like carrying a pocket full of cash around the parks. I just got to the point that if I felt I received good service (which I did at most places), then they got 20%, if I didn't feel service was up to par I tipped lower.

offwego
03-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Op I'm not sure if your asking if there is tax to pay when using the DDP or tax to pay when you pay OOP.

If your paying OOP (for a whole meal or for an app. or glass of wine) there will be tax on that amount to be paid. It is not reflected on the menu's and I believe the rate is 12% (one park I think has 11.50 due to some county line issue but I'm fairly sure it's 12% most places)

If your talking about the ddp the tax portion is included in what is paid for under the plan.

Hope that helps!

Rodders
03-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Thanks, you have answered my question. The UK tax system is slightly different so I just wanted to make sure that I understood the Florida system correctly.

:mickey::thumbsup: