PDA

View Full Version : Best deals

linedropper
03-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Anyone,

Looking to head back to Disney this december. I have 5 going, DD,DW,DD7,DS6,DS3. Do you get any deals anywhere or will i get the best deal just making reservations right off the disney website? Any tips or can someone lead me in the right direction. I used a private agent last time and she made a few mistakes that pushed me away.

Thanks
:mickey:

Strmchsr
03-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Prices and discounts are the same no matter who you go through. Disney controls them all, so you get the same price on the Disney Website as you would with any TA. However, I would strongly recommend using Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/). A ton of folks here on Intercot use them and everyone raves about them (I certainly do). While you won't get any special price with them they give you outstanding knowledge and service and can often find ways to save you money that you might not think of on your own. Also, if a discount is released for the time you book after you book they will automatically apply the discount for you - no hassle on your part.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-11-2008, 10:06 AM
I would also recommend Magical Journeys.

All of the prices and offers are controlled by Disney, but MJ will make sure that you have the best package you can, and they will apply any discounts that come out to your reservation.

Wells
03-11-2008, 10:55 AM
Also, you will not be charged any booking fees through Magical Journeys as is typical with private TA's

Taja
03-11-2008, 01:04 PM
If you choose do book everything yourself, as I do (yeah, control issues!), you'll need to keep your eyes open to see if there are any discounts offered. And be ready to jump on the phone and sometimes sit there a while until you are connected.

Using a Disney certified TA such as Magical Journeys relieves you of that pressure. When you ask them to make your ressie, let them know what type of discounts you might qualify for (AAA, general, AP, Florida resident, etc.) and they will contact you for approval if something becomes available.

I've used a Disney certified TA (different company) in the past for two visits with very good results. I find it difficult at this time because my schedule can change suddenly. It's a pain to have to go through someone else when I have five minutes to do something and need to know it's definitely done. Such is life!

linedropper
03-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the input!

Linedropper:mickey: