PDA

View Full Version : Vibe at The Studios

wilshade
03-10-2008, 09:08 PM
On my recent visits to WDW, it seemed to me that the vibe at the Studios has gotten a good deal better with a higher level of energy.

Just wondered if it is just me or are some of you noticing a change too?

1). First of all, Streets of America seems to be a happenin' place now. Used to be a dead zone, but now there seems to be a lot going on.

Lighting McQueen and Towmater drive down the street and turn into a side street for meet and greets several times a day. Shortly after they arrive, the Power Rangers show up. Kim Possible is even there most of the day and there is a rock show courtesy of "Mulch, Sweat, and Shears".

2). When the High School Musical gang heads up to the Hat for their shows, you can here them all the way over by the entrance to Beauty and the Beast show. Their show always attracts a huge crowd and even if you cant get near them, the music seems to really get you going.

3). There also seems to be more "Streetmosphere Characters" showing up on Sunset Boulavard these days.

4). Even Darth Vader seems to add to the vibe at Jedi Academy.

Maybe I am off my rocker, but it seems to me that the Studios has gotten to be more fun. What do you all think?

IloveDisney71
03-10-2008, 09:27 PM
I agree that there seems to be more happening in the streets, on a more regular basis. The past 2 times I've been there (Dec. '07 and Feb. '08) I saw things happening everywhere. It's great to be able to stop for a few minutes and watch these little performances.
My 2 DD's are too old for the High School Musical freenzy so I don't anything about it, but I could see the excitement in other people when the High School Musical float went by to do their performance by the hat.

MOJoe
03-11-2008, 11:36 AM
I have always loved the Studios. But when Who Wants to be a Millionaire closed, i was afraid this great park was heading in the wrong direction. But with the addition of Jedi Training, High School Musical Rally, the new Toy Story Mania, and Block Party Bash, the Studios has indeed gotten its groove back. :thumbsup: I am looking forward to the continuing improvements at my #2 Theme Park! :mickey:

In other threads this week, the Animal Kingdom supporters are locking arms in support. So Hey you fans of the Studios! Show the love!

King Triton
03-11-2008, 12:27 PM
I hope you're right that it is improving, but my perception is that DHS has dropped to my #4 park and my #3 (AK) is widening the gap between them.

I was there this past weekend and only stayed a couple of hours. On a positive note (I guess), it was packed. I'm not a ToT or RnRC person, so there goes a lot of the draw anyway. I did get to Star Tours, which is fun...but could use a new "movie" and saw the Jedi Training Academy, which was well done. The other thing I like to see is Indiana Jones...closed because of the cheerleaders. LMA is a good show, but its not something I need to see every time.

The way I look at it is that if I put a list together of 10 attractions at WDW that I "must do" on a trip, none of them are at DHS. I really hope that this park turns around -- I hope that Toy Story Mania is a must-do, because the park needs it.

JPL
03-11-2008, 01:01 PM
I have not spent muchmore than about 4 hours a trip in the Studios on my last couple of trips. This park has lost it's vision big time. I can literally go ride ToT, RNRC, Muppets and be done with it. About every other visit depending on the lines I might do the GMR. IMHO this park needs the most work.

lightyearfan
03-11-2008, 01:09 PM
i totally agree with wilshade ! for some reason DHS has always been my favorite park. i just like the entire feel of the park, and yes as of late there does seem to be a little more energy, just wait until Pixars Block Party Bash/Pixar Parade and Toy Story Mania open, i think that this will enfuse even more energy to the park. :mickey:

Victor