PDA

View Full Version : Which restaurant?

dumbo ears
03-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Im goin down to wdw in the 18 days and we are going to the mk on sunday the 30th. Im trying to decide to eat at cosmic rays or the columbia harbor house. Ive never eaten at either but I like to eat at different counter-service places each time. It may end up just being that well eat wherever we are. Could you all help me and tell which resaurant you prefer and why?

Jared
03-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Taylor, both are great options, but I prefer Columbia Harbour House because it's usually easier to find a table. Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe is big, but my family has been in the unfortunate situation of having trays of food and nowhere to eat.

I also prefer the food at Columbia Harbour House, especially the New England clam chowder and unique sandwiches.

SBETigg
03-10-2008, 08:04 PM
I like Columbia Harbour House because of the location, laid-back atmosphere, and set-up. They serve fried fish, chicken and fries, chowder, and some very excellent sandwiches- maybe salad too. It's easy to get in line, order, and never a problem finding a table.

Cosmic Rays is always crazy busy when we're there and you have to get in separate lines for different things- if some of you want burgers, but others want salads, you have to split up. But they do have good food, I think good chicken and barbecue items, and a lot of food for the money. So, it depends on which you feel more like and if you're closer to Tomorrowland or to Liberty Square when hunger strikes.

IloveDisney71
03-10-2008, 08:26 PM
I ate at Cosmic Rays a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed their baked chicken and potatoes. They were great!
I've never eaten at Columbia House so I can't give any opinions on that one.

#1donaldfan
03-10-2008, 09:20 PM
They both have very good food, but Columbia Harbor House was a little less busy and or rushed....I've done both at lunch time... I think that no matter how you choose, you'll be happy ......have fun !!:thumbsup:

Mickey91
03-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Cosmic Rays! You just gotta love Sonny Eclipse!!

Followthatmouse
03-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Columbia Harbour House would be my pick as well. The food is good and you can find a seat, especially in the section upstairs.

Cosmic Ray's is fun. However, the fact that it is invariably noisy and busy during meal times, does not make for the most enjoyable experience. If your party decides on different types of food you will need to be in more than one queue. It is not always convenient.

NJ Camper
03-10-2008, 10:04 PM
i'm bias i've only eaten at cosmic rays

bruin1344
03-10-2008, 10:27 PM
An isolated incident but Cosmic Rays upset my stomach last time i went.

GrmGrninGost
03-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Cosmic Rays has a wonderful selection plus the entertaining musical talents of Sonny Eclipse! In my mind, this is the top counter service in all WDW! :mickey:

RAIDER
03-11-2008, 04:46 AM
I went for cosmic rays ...i love the surroundings and the foods not bad either :;)

moe513
03-11-2008, 09:57 AM
CHC is great.Love the tuna,chowder, and fish.

wilshade
03-11-2008, 11:13 AM
I have been to both and like both. But, having to choose just one of them, I would go with Columbia Harbor House.

The food at each of the places is different. Wider selection at Cosmic Ray's. More interesting food at Columbia.

The best part about Columbia Harbor House is that even if it looks really busy, you only need to walk upstairs to find a quiet table. There are also several covered tables outside and nearby.

c&d
03-11-2008, 11:17 AM
We enjoy them both, but I chose Columbia House. Sitting upstairs we found to be quite nice and sometimes very quiet. I also like the food choices better at Columbia House.

CU Tiger
03-11-2008, 12:49 PM
I would choose CHH. It has more unique food and better seating. :mickey:

jwallace378
03-11-2008, 01:54 PM
For some reason, it's been a tradition of mine to go to Cosmic Rays

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-11-2008, 01:57 PM
I picked CHH - I really like their sandwiches and soups. We eat there more often than CRC.

PinKy
03-11-2008, 01:58 PM
I voted for Cosmic Rays because 1) I truly love the silly floor show they have with the singing alien and 2) they have great cheese sauce for the fries (they charge a $1 for it now.... but its really good!).

Also though, I do really enjoy Columbia Harbor House,

DawsonAR
03-11-2008, 03:21 PM
We enjoy them both. I haven't had a bad experience at either one.

WriteDisney
03-11-2008, 03:52 PM
I've been to both really enjoyed the theming in each. For me though, the food quality and selections were much better at CHH then at Cosmic Rays (which to me was somewhat forgetable). Like the above posters say, the soups and sandwhich selections are better and the second floor has great seating (which is a nice quiet haven from the noise outside). The tables on the second floor on the bridge between the two buildings are very nice, people watching durinng lunch is very enjoyable.