PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Fans Unite

stitch34
03-10-2008, 07:24 PM
My family is one who really enjoys Animal Kingdom so I thought I would start a thread for AK fans to share some of their favorite things about the park and maybe we can get some more people loving this park.:mickey: Here are the things I love.

-The rides (of course): EE, Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur, and the Safari
-Finding Nemo: seen it once and can't wait to see it again. It was an instant favorite of mine, and shouldn't be missed.:notworth::cloud9:
- Festival of the Lion King
- Characters: we enjoy getting pictures with them in their safari gear and you see some characters here that you don't see elsewhere.
- Flights of Wonder: we used to skip this but had extra time a couple years ago and we actually enjoyed this show. Have a dollar ready when they ask and you will have a great up close experience
- Devine (I believe this is her name) Absolutely amazing!
- The entertainers in Africa...my niece and I got pulled into their dance show and had a great time!!!

Overall, I think you just need to take your time and enjoy what the park has to offer instead of rushing through it. :twocents:I personally don't know how you could only spend a couple hours in this park. I guess it's your personal preference.

IloveDisney71
03-10-2008, 07:39 PM
I also love the AK but understand that different people have different opinions.
Here are the reasons I love it:
- The atmosphere
- The rides & attractions: EE, KS, Dinosaur & Bug's Life
- The Festival of the Lion King (one of my favorite shows at WDW)
- The animal trails (especially seeing the meerkats (sp?) & gorillas
- Flame Tree BBQ
- Camp Mickey/Minnie
- The Tree of Life - amazing!

Hull-onian
03-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Animal Kingdom is my favorite park. Everytime I go there, I see something new. My favorite is the Safari. Lion King next. Grandson got picked to be part of show. Loved the bird show, thought it was top notch. Gonna miss Tarzan. Looking forward to Nemo. Love Tusker House. Looking forward to EE. What's not to love?:cloud9:

eyoreswife
03-10-2008, 07:57 PM
this is my familys favorite park, most people start their disney trip with the magic kingdom but not us, we have to go ride everest before anything else:coaster:, we have no problem spending an entire day there and then going back again, for my kids everest is the first and last ride of the trip. and we always end our day at ak with dinner at boma's:eat:. can't wait for july

Wrigley
03-10-2008, 08:08 PM
I used to not like AK very much, and it was my least favorite park. However, every time I visit the park I like it more and more each time. We always find something new to scope out. I love the Festival of the Lion King Show, Kali River Rapids, and the Safari. It is a beautiful park to just roam around in and see what you stumble upon! :thumbsup:

Followthatmouse
03-10-2008, 08:22 PM
It is not only the rides and attractions that we enjoy, but the plantings, too. The lush and appropriate trees and shrubs add so much to the atmosphere of this park.

Our favorite attractions have already been mentioned - Festival of the Lion King, Kali Rapids and the tiger trails. It is great fun to have Flame Tree BBQ by the river while the Siamangs are calling out for their lunch, too.

The only negative is the heat in the park. Maybe it is our imagination, but it does seem hotter than the other parks.

wilshade
03-10-2008, 08:54 PM
I always search out Baloo as he is easily found in AK. Sometimes with King Louie, once in a while with Timon, and frequently by himself.

Baloo is one of those characters you can have some fun with, especially if you know his song "Bare Necessities".

Conservation Station is another favorite of mine, especially when I can get there in time when they are doing animal exams.

Finding Nemo the Musical just flat out blew me away when I first saw it. The energy of the cast is incredible and contagious.

Quasimodo
03-10-2008, 08:55 PM
I like AK for the lush landscaping and for the extreme detail in the architecture. Especially in Africa and Asia. I like walking through those sections and looking at the buildings, the little signs on the buildings, even the power poles and light posts. It all looks so real. Thats one of the things I like about Expedition Everest is the extreme detail put into the cue area.

spoonfulosugar
03-10-2008, 09:21 PM
I love the attention to detail...it feels very authentic, like you're stepping into another country. It doesn't feel like Florida once you get through the gates. I love the huge bats, Finding Nemo, and waiting in line for Everest.

NJ Camper
03-10-2008, 09:31 PM
all these sound great don't know what to add you guys took up the majority of my ideas guess all i can say is i love AK it is a most do for us and since we stay 2 weeks we usually do it more than once from scenery to rides and animals can't say enough 100% reccomend it

GrandFlo
03-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Add us to the list of AK fans. We especially love AK when it's not too hot out and we can stroll through the park and all the trails. I also love the educational aspect of it too. I have a 10 year old DS who is very into animals, conservation, etc.

aurorafan
03-10-2008, 10:50 PM
In addition to what everyone else has mentioned I just love the "feel" of the place, if that makes sense? Maybe because I'm a gardener but green just relaxes me and puts me in a good mood ;). Plus they have one of my favorite shops there--I can't remember its name, but it's their big one (similar I guess to MK's Emporium or Mouse Gear in Epcot). Lots of unique gifts and lots of Muppets stuff which I was thrilled to find (we didn't go to MGM in Oct.). Also very quiet--there were only a couple of us in there so it was a relaxing experience which was nice ;).

I really love AK and have to rate it up there with Epcot (specifically World Showcase) as my favorite park :).

MushuMulan
03-11-2008, 12:23 AM
I like AK because it feels like when you're there you're taking things slower. You get more time to appreciate the park it seems, and take in all the beautiful scenery.

Where-as in MK or Disney Studios everything feels fast paced, and you feel as if you don't do something right then, you won't be able to do it later. Needless to say, that doesn't make my love for each of the parks any less, but it does make AK and Epcot (whom I also feel like things slow down at) a good place to take a break in the middle of a vacation.

Epcot provides me with the laid back thrill of travelling the world, and AK provides me with a casual safari.

You can't go wrong with either :).

mickeys_princess_mom
03-11-2008, 12:30 AM
I love the attention to detail...it feels very authentic, like you're stepping into another country. It doesn't feel like Florida once you get through the gates. I love the huge bats, Finding Nemo, and waiting in line for Everest.
It really DOES feel like you're in another land!
One of my dreams has always been to go on an African safari... Once again Walt makes it come true... I love the music, getting our faces painted and walking around all day getting strange looks, and the colorful, always really well done, Festival of the Lion King.

Von-Drake
03-11-2008, 08:15 AM
I always search out Baloo as he is easily found in AK. Sometimes with King Louie, once in a while with Timon, and frequently by himself.

Baloo is one of those characters you can have some fun with, especially if you know his song "Bare Necessities".

Right now Jungle Book is one of my son's favorite movies to watch. When we go in April we will definitely have to find Baloo. My son goes around the house now singing.. "Doobity Do, it's a Dobbity do I mean a dooby dooby dooby dooby ..." (The song Baloo is singing when he first comes on the screen). It is so cute.

MickeyChick
03-11-2008, 08:53 AM
I love Animal Kingdom! It's so lush and different from the other parks.

I love all the little details-- the silhouettes on the streetlamps as you enter the park, the relationships between the animals in each of the parks and restaurants, the signs around Harambe. Just everything.

elmjimmlm
03-11-2008, 09:43 AM
We love AK...I love KRR...I do believe that this my favorite ride...I love everything about it...The look is so different than anywhere else...The Tree of Life is unbelievable...I actually like having to wait in line for Its Tough To Be A Bug because every time I am there I see a different animal in the tree...Festival Of The Lion King has to be one the best shows out all the parks:simba:...Every time I see it I get goosebumps...I love to just walk and take it all in...There is a definiate "feeling" I get while I am there...I LOVE IT!!!

moe513
03-11-2008, 09:52 AM
We love ak. We spend a lot of time there. We have found out on our last trip its not a good place to be when its crowded.

WVParkfan
03-11-2008, 11:04 AM
The Animal Kingdom is our family's favorite park. We spend more time there than any other park.

For me the things that make it special are the small things. Most people who don't love the AK have never taken the time to stop and see what's in the Oasis. They just run through it on their way to Dinosaur.

Most people don't even know that there are real animals to be found along the paths around the Tree of Life. Most people either think it is just the walkway to "Tough to be a bug" or they just think it is a big tree with carvings.

Most people don't spend enough time walking through Rafiki's Planet watch. They get off the train and race to the petting zoo, and then are disappointed.

To enjoy the AK, you've got to take your time, open your eyes and look around, and you have to "feel" the magic.

We love the AK. Greatest park in WDW!

yjgirl715
03-11-2008, 11:25 AM
We were there in May of 07 and loved this park. I love animals and learning about them. The Cm's were great and answered any questions we had for them. They have so much knowledge they can share with you. The atmosphere was just great- all the plants were incredible. It did feel a little hotter but I was cooled off by the KRR so that didn't bother me.
:nemo:

wjrhw
03-11-2008, 11:56 AM
In addition to all the above. I love the artwork that is put into everything. When I eat at Pizzafarri I like to look at every room and see all the murals painted on the wall. Even the bathroom is unique and beautiful. There are just so many unique carvings and painting everywhere.

Love of Disney
03-11-2008, 12:11 PM
It's been a few years since I have been there. What attractions would you recommend for a 23 month old? Thanks!! :cool:

King Triton
03-11-2008, 12:15 PM
I won't go as far to say that AK is my favorite park, but it has improved a lot and takes a little more of my time each trip.

Especially in Africa and Asia, you get the feel that you are there. These two areas are almost an extension of Epcot's World Showcase, but on a grander scale. I enjoy just walking around Africa and Asia, looking at the buildings, reading the small signs...be sure to take the time to do this...some are quite amusing.

The only disappointment, to me, in AK is Dinoland. Dinosaur is a great ride and the Boneyard is a good concept for the kids, but Chester and Hester's DIno-Rama looks more like a sideshow that belongs at a carnival, not in a Disney theme park.

The food has also improved. I haven't had a chance to try either yet, but the Yak and Yeti restaurant looks interesting and moving the breakfast to the Tusker House looks like a good move. Plus you have Rainforest Cafe and Flame Tree Barbecue is one of the best CS eateries in all of Disney World.

AK continues to improve...I hope they keep more coming!

Rhetoric2000
03-11-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm with most of you here as to why AK is my favourite park: the "intangibles"

I prefer my vacations to consist of a choice of excitement and relaxation and AK is the place where is is easiest to choose the dynamic of your day.

The famous Disney attention to detail also seems to have been observed even more here than at its predecessors.

And Flame Tree BBQ....well...:eat:

SurferStitch
03-11-2008, 12:37 PM
I can't really add more than what was already said...

- Amazing attention to detail
- Incredible theming
- We love animals
- Flame Tree BBQ, Donald's Safari Breakfast and Yak & Yeti :thumbsup:
- It's an escape from everything, and just makes us so relaxed.

Disney Doll
03-11-2008, 01:31 PM
- Devine (I believe this is her name) Absolutely amazing!

Agreed! The first time we saw her it was kind of freaky. She's so good that it took us several minutes to realize what we were seeing.

For us I think the best part is the atmosphere- the theming, the detail, the plants, the animals, just the overall feel of the place. That and 2 of the best shows at the World- Lion King & Nemo.

BandMan
03-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Unfortunately, I think AK got a reputation of being boring that's been hard to shake. I love it - such a unique combination of experiences you can't get anywhere else. The authenticity of the plant life, theme elements, etc. is fantastic.

I also love that you can do a thrill ride such as EE, see a show such as Lion King, go on a 1-of-a-kind ride such as the Safari, and then stop to explore tigers or gorillas.

If people find that boring, great! They'll head somewhere else and leave more room for us who love it. ;)

DNS
03-11-2008, 01:43 PM
AK is my favorite park. I love the ambience all over the park. One of things that I have to say about it is that we have been there many times and keep discovering new things and hidden treasures. Everything from the fishing Mickey and friends in Camp Minnie-Mickey to Divine to critters, birds and even fish tucked away in some of the most interesting places. My hat goes off to the people who laid out this park and the landscaping. It's amazing to me. I just can't get enough when we're there. I love everything there (except dino-rama!) from the rides, paths, animals, parade and shows. I think if someone goes to the parks to just hop from ride to ride and not care much about what is between, it's not going to be a favorite park. Personally, I can't imagine ever getting tired of it. There had to be so much thought and time that went into KS. Actually, all of Africa just makes me feel so there. Then you get on the safari ride with no sign of a fence or divider and it's just the coolest thing to experience. Tough to Be a Bug is my favorite 3D movie in all of WDW. My hope is that they will add Australia and make it as authentic as Africa and the EE area of Asia.

BluewaterBrad
03-11-2008, 03:36 PM
We love all of AK!!:mickey:

Ed
03-11-2008, 04:01 PM
We are among the group of folks who once found AK to be "boring", but as we learned to take our time and soak in everything that the park has to offer, we have definitely joined the We Love AK crowd!

And our appreciation was greatly enhanced last year when we took the "Sunrise Safari" that is offered to guests staying on the Concierge level of the AKL. We got a brief backstage tour, then boarded the Safari vehicles for a very leisurely tour of the plains before the park opened to the public. It was amazing! The safari ride probably took over an hour. The driver would stop at all the points of interest while the guide explained what we were looking at. We had plenty of time to take lots of photos while at a total stop, eliminating the blurred images we usually end up with on the regular tour. With it being just after sunrise, the animals were all very active and visible. And at the end, we had a wonderful buffet breakfast at Tusker House.

If you ever have the opportunity to take that tour, by all means DO IT! It's a little pricey, but well worth every penny.

:thumbsup:

JMTStone
03-11-2008, 04:34 PM
I love Animal Kingdom. I love the tree. I love just walking around and picking out the animals.

DH and DD15 LOVE EE. Its their favorite.

DD6 and I love the shows and Rafiki's Panet Watch.

The daily parade is excellent and I can't tell you how much home decor I've found at the big shop in Harambe village.

poohbearlover15
03-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Animal Kingdom is my favorite park besides magic kingdom of course! I dont get why people say they think its boring or theres not enough rides because there are so many other things to do you dont even need rides! I love Expedition Everest and the safari!

fielin
03-12-2008, 04:55 AM
It was love at first sight !

I love the atmosphere there, the bridges allow for great landscaping, and you really get the impression that you're elsewhere, very far from Florida.

I loved Nemo, my favorite show in WDW, and even came back to AK just to see it again before I had to leave for the airport.

But of course, the highlight for me was being able to see so many animals so close, and exploring the park all day long.

Most of my photos were taken in this park, because it is just so beautiful.

playdead88
03-12-2008, 06:04 AM
dh, dd7 and i are not huge fans of AK - we like the park but its not considered an all day park to us - now my ds14 on the other hand - Ak is his favorite park - he loves every part of that place so we usually are there most of the day and its usually up to him what we do - if he had his way we would be at AK everyday of the vacation :mickey:

wire0monkey
03-12-2008, 03:48 PM
AK is my family's favorite park. I have a 5 year old and a 3 year old, both boys. The 5yo is animal crazy, so we have to take our time in the animal viewing areas and go on the Safari at least twice. The 3yo loves "Festival of the Lion King" and the Nemo show. They both love the Pochantos show because it has real animals in it and they can sit down front in the kids' seats. I love the fact that the line for Triceratop Spin is usually much shorter than the line for Dumbo. We also love the parade.

AK is usually good until closing for us. Then we take a break, go for a swim, and finish up the day at another park.

mrsgaribaldi
03-13-2008, 04:24 AM
Our first year to Disney was the year AK opened. We both fell in love with it. I think my 2 favorite things are Flights of Wonder and the new Finding Nemo musical.:mickey:

Von-Drake
03-13-2008, 07:48 AM
I love the fact that the line for Triceratop Spin is usually much shorter than the line for Dumbo.

I agree with this. My son loves this ride too.

PetefromRI
03-13-2008, 01:44 PM
And lets not forget the ribs at the FlameTree Barbecue.I'll keep going back just for those.We also love one of the most underated attractions,Rafiki's Planet Watch!

xipetotec
03-13-2008, 04:29 PM
We go in a big group, and unfrotunately some of those people are "Rides" people and I, for one, find that really too bad. They not only fail to really SEE AK,but all the other parks as well! They jump from park to park to do the thrill rides except for those days when they younger ones are "forced" ( because their parents are doing something not park related at all ) to follow us through the nature trails, the animation tour, shows. etc.

Every park has its own philosophy and things to offer and I love AK.

AdventurelandTikiGirl
03-13-2008, 10:41 PM
I am not a thrill ride kind of gal, so this park is for me. Not that it doesn't have it's share of thrill rides. I once "almost" rode on dinosaur with some friends, but at the last minute freaked out, slid across the aisle, and walked right out of the care :blush:

I love the way the animals are staged...how when you're on the safari it's hard to tell where the barriers are between you and the animals. AK is far superior to any zoo I've ever been to. The animals seem happy. The Jungle Trek in Asia is great.

The past two visits I've made to AK in the past year have led me to believe that the park is getting more popular. It seemed to be the most crowded park I was at, even more crowded than MK.

Bobump
03-14-2008, 01:21 AM
2 words

DAWA BAR

ltam16
03-14-2008, 08:58 AM
We love this park and definitely go a couple of times a trip!

The shows are great! Lion King was fabulous!

We love Kali RR and Dinosaur and Safari!

Loved Conservation Station!

Saw a lot of characters and loved the stations with animals or the little activities for the kids.

You can't rush through. This park has great detail and little extras but you have to slow down to appreciate it!

5fromabove
03-14-2008, 09:29 AM
AK is my favorite park and when I "polled" our family (2 adults/5 kids) and asked them to give me their top 2 parks at WDW, AK got the most votes :D Similiar to what everyone has said, the rides are obvious favorites...but it is so much more than that for me. I really enjoy the laid back, relaxing atmosphere. It's a nice change of pace from the MK. We particularly like the Maharajah Jungle Trek and the Pangani Nature Walks. These offer an escape from the crowds, and you can go at your own speed, and really take the time to enjoy the animals. There are times that I feel we are "alone" there, with nobody else around. Our kids loved the meerkats. The Safari is my favorite ride, I love that it is different each time. We went on it twice last time and saw many different animals on each trip. I've never understood how people say AK is a 1/2 day park, I feel you need to dedicate at least 2 full days to it in order to fully appreciate and experience it. Yet, we there is still so much we haven't gotten to thoroughly enjoy. I like the special areas-- like the bongo drums that overlook the beautiful view of the Tree of Life with lots of birds below. The kids had a blast playing the drums, and our oldest daughter really enjoyed watching the birds below. While all of the Parks will always have their unique lures, I highly recommend Animal Kingdom. Our family thoroughly enjoys the relaxing atmosphere of AK (did I mention that already ? ;) ) In addition, I’d recommend families dine at Boma then soak in a night in a Savanna-View room at the Lodge—an experience we’ll never forget. Animal Kingdom is a true treasure. :)

dfamasb
03-14-2008, 12:29 PM
My family loves AK as well. Maybe it's just the time of year we visit (usually early December), but it always seems so much more serene than the other parks. So many little "nooks and crannies" where you feel like you are all alone.

dumbo ears
03-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Well I really like AK and they have just great shows and rides. The animals are just phenomenal to see and you cant see many other animals anywhere in the USA.

tjstrike
03-15-2008, 12:33 AM
I think MK is still my favorite park but AK is running a close 2nd. Lots of great things to do at AK (EE,KRR,safari,PEW,etc...) and we really enjoyed the new Nemo show. In my opinion, it's one of the best shows in any Disney park. :thumbsup:

WDW24
03-15-2008, 08:47 AM
I love AK! :thumbsup:

Some of my favorite rides are there like Kali, and EE I also love Lion King!:D

DNS
03-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Another thing I forgot to mention in my post was the entertainers in Africa. They are great! My favorite in all of WDW. I could stand there and listen to them all day. Last time we were there, I couldn't seem to catch them in any of our trips to AK and I was so disappointed.

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-15-2008, 12:53 PM
The AK is not my favorite park but I still really like it.

I like Kali, Dinosaurs, EE and KS.

I enjoy going to Conservation Station. There are only a few people over there and you can see the animals. Last time they had a hedgehog out.

I like the animal trails. I really enjoy the tigers. I could spend hours watching them. It's a very relaxing stroll.

The only place we eat at if Flame Tree BBQ. It is one of our favorite CS.

Dakota Rose
03-15-2008, 08:59 PM
DH & I were totally blown away by AK. We were both completely enamored by the ambience and the peacefulness of the park. We stayed until closing of EMH and felt like we had the whole park to ourselves. We have an affinity for KS, on which I cried because I was so awed. My favorite memory of WDW is at AK where my DS (he was 18 mos at the time) was completely fascinated with the talking trash can. My dad is a bird nut, and I was skeptical of Flights. But seeing a bald eagle was pretty amazing.

KineGirl
03-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Me too ! Me too! I looooove AK! The ambiance alone is enough to keep me wandering for hours. I spend half the time admiring the beautiful plants & flowers including the amazingly HUGE aloes! I cant tell you how many pics I have of my daughter in this park in front of some blooming bush or a bunch of complimentary folliage. Africa and Asia truly feel like you have walked into a different world. The detail to architecture is incredible to say the least. I also love the idea of Notazoo since Im a huge animal lover/conservationist and Ive never been a big "animal in cages" kind of person. Of course we love EE, Kali, Bugs Life and Safari! The rotisserie chix at Flametree BBQ is a must lunch everytime we go also! The shows are the best here IMO (to me only Little Mermaid rivals AK shows) and adding Nemo just put it over the top.

Quest4fun
03-17-2008, 07:40 PM
I sure do miss this park. The wife and I loved it when we were there but we were so enamored with the rides and scenery that we didn't give a lot of notice to the shows. We're going to have to go back sooner I think.

Honey, get the checkbook.

Mrs. Bee
03-17-2008, 07:57 PM
I sure do miss this park. The wife and I loved it when we were there but we were so enamored with the rides and scenery that we didn't give a lot of notice to the shows. We're going to have to go back sooner I think.

Honey, get the checkbook.

how does january 2010 sound?

Marilyn Michetti
03-17-2008, 08:23 PM
It's a neat park. There's so much that's new and fresh everytime. You can't program animals.

My favorite thing is to go to Rafiki's, and watch the veternarians work. Each day, they have scheduled procedures that you can watch. We saw a Cheetah get it's teeth cleaned, and all questions were welcomed, and answered. I'm surrounded by nurses in my family, so medical procedures are interesting to me.:thumbsup:

Snow's Mom
03-17-2008, 10:13 PM
We visited AK when it was HOT and CROWDED. Still loved it! After a few days in the other parks, animatronics start to get old. It's really nice to go to a park where most of the stuff is REAL!

Devine, the Tusker Haus, the Tree of Life, the vegetation, the Safari Ride, Festival of the Lion King...we enjoyed them all tremendously.

People leaving in droves as we entered the park in the late afternoon for extra hours...our favorite part!

CandleontheWater
03-18-2008, 12:39 PM
AK is my favorite park too! I agree with everything that has been said, but I want to add that I adore the ambient music around the park. It is my absolute favorite park music! I also really, really love the naked mole rats. They are just so funny!

honeebee86
03-18-2008, 12:54 PM
:funny::funny:yippee! so glad you started this post because I love AK! That being said, it did take me a while to find the love for AK. I love it though because i honestly think it is the most well themed park in WDW, but in a way that is not that noticable. I love EE, Safari, Dinosaur, Festival of the Lion King. I also think AK has some things that you wouldn't excpect to be that great but the end up being a dream come true like Flights of Wonder and Devine! Also, you just never know what your going to find at AK, the last time i was there one of the Gorillas was using his water dish as a HAT! LOL!:funny:

Quest4fun
03-18-2008, 01:32 PM
AK is my favorite park too! I agree with everything that has been said, but I want to add that I adore the ambient music around the park. It is my absolute favorite park music! I also really, really love the naked mole rats. They are just so funny!

There was music! It was themed so well I didn't even notice it. This park just gets better and better.

WVParkfan
03-19-2008, 11:45 AM
It's been a few years since I have been there. What attractions would you recommend for a 23 month old? Thanks!! :cool:

Sorry that nobody has answered your question yet. Our kids are older (DS13 & DD8), so I may not be qualified to give advice on what a 2 year old would like anymore, but here goes...

- Festival of the Lion King
- Triceratops Spin (dinosaur version of dumbo)
- New Nemo show
- Safari ride (a little bumpy, but I think you'll be oK)
- The Boneyard in Dinoland has a great play area with slides for little ones, etc.
- Character greetings in Camp Minnie Mickey!
- Jammin' Jungle Parade

But my best advice for both your child, and for the adults, is to take your time a see some of the animals in the Oasis area, Pangani Trail, and the Maharaja Jungle Trek. And, especially the hidden walking trails around the Tree of Life. You'll discover some wonderful areas, and it is incredibly relaxing.

Davyjones
03-19-2008, 04:09 PM
I do love this park! I love everything about it. Love all the animals, walking the trails, the bird show, the conservation station, all of it. My wife and I love to take our time and make a day out of it. We open to close it every time we go. Then we head to the Animal kingdom Lodge to eat dinner at the Boma.

But the most important thing about Animal Kingdom? It's where I asked my wife to marry me! Right in front of the Tree of Life. So it truly does hold a special place in my heart. That is when my life truly began. :)

joonyer
03-26-2008, 06:01 PM
Our Favorite park is and probably always will be MK, but we love Animal Kingdom, and always spend more than one day there on our visits to WDW. We always manage to find something new there that we've missed before, tucked away in a nook or cranny off the beaten path. Of course we love the big attractions too, EE, Kali RR, the Safari, FOTLK, etc. But we also enjoy things that most of the crowds probably miss, the Jungle Trek, just looking at the detail in the Tree of Life (I always find some creature I've missed before) Flights of Wonder, and the BBQ at Flame tree is yummy. And believe it or not one of our favorite rides in WDW is the Primeval Whirl. I know its kind of cheesy, but it really is fun. We love to ride it as a family, it scares my wife to death, but our boys laugh hysterically all the way around. And my wife is always game to ride it at least once per visit for their benefit.

SpecJoe Magic
03-26-2008, 11:33 PM
Another AK fan checking in here. I've been a fan of the park for a while now. I like how it has such a different feel than the other parks. I must admit that the quantity of attractions is still a little lacking, but the quality of the existing attractions is top-notch for the most part. It's currently my second favorite park behind the Magic Kingdom.

mickeys_princess_mom
03-27-2008, 11:38 AM
As I said earlier, I'm a big AK fan, but I was wondering...Am I the only one who finds it hotter in this park than the others?:shrug:...I always plan to wear something cooler....What's the deal? Same :sun: as the other parks, but.....(Lack of AC duck-in places, probably, but...) I still love it!