PDA

View Full Version : Boma or Le Cellier?

tink2006
03-10-2008, 04:58 PM
If you had to choose between having dinner at Boma or Le Cellier which would you choose? This is my dilemma...We cannot do both :( we must choose one or the other...So which one should I pick? :unsure:

Jared
03-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Zaida, I'll probably be in the minority, but I'd choose Boma - Flavors of Africa. Le Cellier Steakhouse is one of the most popular restaurants in Disney, but Boma is really a special experience. You can probably find good steak in your hometown, but I doubt any local restaurant serves some of the selections on the Boma buffet.

Again, I expect most people to disagree.

MsMin
03-10-2008, 05:05 PM
I preferred LeCellier over Boma. We did Boma's last Oct. and the kids enjoyed it but I wasn't thrilled. I don't like sweet entree's (no raisins) and the soup was thick enough to stand a fork up in it-- the flavor was good but it resembled jello more than soup (too much corn starch for my taste) I don't know if it was a fluke or if it's always like that???

SBETigg
03-10-2008, 05:07 PM
I would pick Boma. I think it's more unique with a lot more to offer. But Le Cellier is also delicious. You'll get a good meal at either place, so it comes down to which fits more conveniently in your schedule perhaps? Also, if you're looking for atmosphere while dining, Le Cellier would win out. The dining area at Boma is nothing special, though having the chance to check out the AKL is a treat. Good luck making a tough choice!

ftwildernesskid
03-10-2008, 05:21 PM
We ate at both on our last trip. And while I enjoyed them both, I would choose Boma hands down. Le Cellier was wonderful, but you can always find a great steak place. Where else are you going to get to sample lots of African food? And Boma was one of our 2 favorites for the whole trip...the other being Ohana's. Either way, you can't go wrong, but I think Boma's the winner.

Belle_0717
03-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Boma!!!! My DH and I love it. It's a buffet so you can try everything. The prime rib is awesome. We also love the carrot ginger soup. Save room for desserts. Zebra domes and chocolate mousse crunch. Breakfast is also great.

May524
03-10-2008, 06:10 PM
I'd do Le Cellier! I love the cheddar soup and the breadsticks! Also, the steaks are great!

Mommy2boys
03-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Le Cellier..but I have never tried boma as it doesnt interest me.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
03-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Flip a coin - either way you win.

BluewaterBrad
03-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Both are good, but we like Boma better. More exotic.:mickey: