PDA

View Full Version : Checklist before you go to WDW?

WDWFan2005
03-10-2008, 04:50 PM
C'mon, admit it! you make a meticulous checklist of things to pack and things to take care of before you go to Walt Disney World. Or do you?

I'll share mine here ... Please share yours as well. Who knows, you might remind someone else of something that they forgot. And maybe we can just keep referring to this post each time we go!!

ok, my checklist (other than clothes, toiletries, IDs and money!!)

Shades
Sunscreen
Palm/PDA
Digital Camera
Camcorder
Cell phone
CHARGERS for the above pda/cam/camcorder, and cell!!!
extra memory for the above
Disney VISA rewards card
Annual passes
Photopass
Stroller
Car seat
Diapers
Swimming diapers
little toys and stickers to keep the little one occupied on the plane and in line
write down our location at Leave a Legacy

Hmm... anything else? please remind me!

WDWFan2005

tink2006
03-10-2008, 05:13 PM
I always take:
a power strip to plug everything in to charge. I like to have it all in one location so I do not forget anything when I leave.

I also take one of those shoe hangers (I am not sure what they are really called. It has "cubbys" to store shoes) that attach to the closet rod (with velcro). This is a great place to store bathroom/misc "stuff"

Extra memory cards and batteries for the camera

playdead88
03-10-2008, 05:15 PM
i am a check list kinda gal!

cell phones and chargers!
cameras/memory cards/dvd's for digital video
camera chargers
RXs
small fans
sunblock
handi wipes
germ lotion for hands
plane tickets in passporter
DME info in passporter
passporter!
sweatshirts around everyones waist (no whining about the plane being cold)
address book for post cards
hair ties
money - id's - wallets and purses

only 42 days to go!!!!! :mickey:

PETE FROM NYC
03-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Its been quite a few years since we had anyone needing diapers,but we have travelled with everyone from nieces, 2-3 yo,up to my 80+ Grandmother.
any needed meds
extra eye glasses,w/lanyards
clothes hamper
small backpack
water bottle carriers
hats
ponchos
copies of all ADRs
To-Go type drink mixes

You will be getting dozens more suggestions.
Have a ball!!

Strmchsr
03-10-2008, 05:50 PM
There's a rather large checklist here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/whattopack.asp) in Info Central that I generally use.

Johnno52
03-10-2008, 06:43 PM
my checklist
(1) DW,

The things we need at WDW are attached to her
2 suitcases (one just for shoes and goodies):D

DisneyCrazyET
03-10-2008, 07:36 PM
I too, use the info central check list.
Thanks tink2006 for the power strip idea. We had to keep taking turns to charge everyones phones and batteries.

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-11-2008, 02:33 PM
We also take ziplock bags to put cameras and such in when it rains.

#1donaldfan
03-11-2008, 02:45 PM
my checklist
(1) DW,

hey, this is my list too......:cool:

WDWFan2005
03-12-2008, 06:56 AM
Thanks for reminding me about the checklist on Info Central!!!

Ooops, I almost forgot to do one thing: hold the mail while we're gone!

WDWFan2005

irish1967
03-12-2008, 09:27 AM
I start making a list about a month before we go - as I use things I don't use everyday I write them down.

For example, I don't normally need to charge my iPod because it charges when I play it in my car - at some point during the month, I think about that and put "iPod charger" on my list.

Or, DS will get a splinter and I'll write down tweezers.

That way, I end up with not only the "daily use" items but also the things I wouldn't normally think of.

poohluva
03-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Besides all the great ideas already listed:

extra contacts and contact solution
stain stick
pennies & quarters for pressing
bandaids
tissues
gum
chap stick or lip gloss
index cards & pens for jotting down info while in the park, they fit well in a small bag!!

:mickey:

MickeyChick
03-12-2008, 12:37 PM
In addition to what others have said:

I print address labels for postcards and buy postcard stamps.

I print address labels that say "If found, please call XXX-XXX-XXXX" and stick them on EVERYTHING, including the backs of my kids' shirts evewry day we're there.

Cold and Flu meds, because inevitably I catch something from someone and they cost $$$$$ in the gift shops/parks.

One of my nifty, bulbless nightlights.

And a good idea I haven't done but will, bring a pad of post-it notes to cover the electronic eye on the toilets in the parks so they don't constantly flush and scare your little ones who are just getting used to using a grown-up potty.

baby minnie's mommy
03-12-2008, 01:13 PM
my checklist
(1) DW,

That would be my DH, too! :laughing:

I write down EVERYTHING I plan to take. It's part of the fun of planning for me!

Something I also do that's VERY handy is make a list on a small piece of paper that I tuck into the diaper bag. On it I list all the things I need to repack or do each day. EX: diapers, wipes, camera, take meds., etc. I just run through the list quick before leaving the hotel each morning. That way I don't get to the park and go "Uh, did we remember to put the camera back in the bag last night????" ;)

teambricker04
03-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Funny... I am about to start typing my list up! I feel like I have become a crazy woman with my planning!

There are some great ideas on here! I am adding the power strip and shoe hangy thing on my list.

We don't forget snacks! And LOTS of them. Once we went and didn't have much to snack on... of COURSE our oldest DS, who was nearly 2 at the time, woke up in the middle of the night in a fit of hunger! All that park time really made him HUNGRY I guess.

Tygger7
03-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Love the power strip idea! I'm still 8 weeks from leaving, but have been trying to get a jump start on things I know I'll need to take. So, I got a large box and every time I'm at the store I pick up a few items that I know we'll need...things like Band Aids, Neosporin, Blister Stick, moleskin, Q-tips, hand wipes, etc. Then I put all the items in the box for safe keeping. That way, I know where everything is when I start packing.

OhToodles!
03-12-2008, 01:56 PM
One of my nifty, bulbless nightlights.

Where do you get these? That would be a great idea. We usually leave the bathroom light on, but that's not good trying to conserve energy I know.

BostonChic
03-12-2008, 02:11 PM
:mickey:our list always insit of:

Cell chargers
camera
toys for kids
Xtra sunblock
first aid/tylenol
toiletries
case of bottled waters(dh's suitcase)hotel fridge is great for them :blush:
TP(yes,actually 2 of our own):secret:
The boy's favorite towels

Everything else is clothes,shoe,sandals etc....

myhappyplace
03-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Large baggie full of powdered laundry soap and a small baggie of dryer sheets. Hate the thought of needing to do laundry on vacation but if you do; don't spend the money on the soap; machines are expensive enough

I also loved the power strip idea.

bruin1344
03-13-2008, 08:21 AM
clothes
suntan lotion
toilettries/medicines
poncho

BriarRose0708
03-13-2008, 10:56 AM
I always take:
a power strip to plug everything in to charge. I like to have it all in one location so I do not forget anything when I leave.

That is a fantastic idea, I am adding that to my list!

IC10
03-13-2008, 01:32 PM
OMG I am the girl who packed for four in the back of a VW bug last time. I think the best thing that we packed was our printer for the camera. Each night we plugged in our camera made a photo cd looked at the pictures and had the memory card clean in the morning. I am adding the power strip idea to mine. This reminds me that I am leaving to SC in 16 hours and have not started packing at all. Guess I should start!!

Belle619
03-14-2008, 09:59 AM
...every time I'm at the store I pick up a few items that I know we'll need...things like Band Aids, Neosporin, Blister Stick, moleskin, Q-tips, hand wipes, etc.

I do the same thing! We leave in three weeks and I've been picking up things here and there and putting them into my suitcase so that I don't forget to pack them.

I usually start to hit-up the travel sized section of stores at least two months before any trip.

tinklover
03-14-2008, 11:21 AM
And a good idea I haven't done but will, bring a pad of post-it notes to cover the electronic eye on the toilets in the parks so they don't constantly flush and scare your little ones who are just getting used to using a grown-up potty.

What a great idea. that will leave me with 2 exrat hands to hold my DD's up with instead of one around them and one with the thumb covering the red light. my DD5 is scared to death of the automatic flushing potties she thinks she is going down with it and does not like loud noise. she covers her ears and asks me to wait til she has her pants up and ears covered before removing my thumb.

Taja
03-14-2008, 12:53 PM
I have lists, sublists and checklists! *LOL*

My lists are very detailed and items are checked or crossed off as they are packed. With the exception of contact lense solution and my extra pair of lenses (RGP, so I don't have multiple spares), toiletries are pretty much packed, as they are replenished after every trip. But they are checked against a list, regardless!

I have house checklists to be sure everything is locked/unlocked, mail and newspaper stopped, various things turned on/off and neighbor has key, contact information and letter of authorization in case of emergency.

thumperbug
03-14-2008, 09:08 PM
definitely every painkiller, cold med for adult and child. Someone is sick on every trip.
Invested in decent rain ponchos as those $1 trash bag ones don't work at all. Definitely extra ziplocs for wet stuff, dirty stuff and the occasional left over snack. Dollar store is good for the umbrella you don't care if it breaks or get lost. For upcoming trip we purchased 2 $1 coolers and ice packs to bring our own cold drinks to park. At the end of the trip we can toss them if we don't want to bring them home. Airfreshener for the bathroom is a must....I like the post it idea for the toilets...my son stands there with his hands on his ears and his pants around his ankles worried the toilet is sucking him down.....I also pack a few gladware containers to pack breakables...even if wrapped in bubble wrap....I too pack weeks and weeks ahead of time....I just get too excited!!!

Mrs Bus Driver
03-15-2008, 03:24 PM
There's a rather large checklist here in Info Central that I generally use. What a great check list, had some things on it that I hadn't thought of. Also I like the night light suggestion. This is why I love intercot, so many things I didn't think of. :thumbsup: