PDA

View Full Version : Rainforest Cafe in Animal Kingdom Park

Love of Disney
03-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Do you know if you can make dinner reservations for the AK Rainforest Cafe? If so, can you make them with the other DDP ressies? I realize that the meal isn't part of the DDP. Thanks!! :cool:

Quasimodo
03-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Yes. Disney Dining can make reservations for either Rainforest Cafe.

Love of Disney
03-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Thanks!!

IloveDisney71
03-10-2008, 09:07 PM
I don't know about calling DD but when I was there a few weeks ago, we couldn't make reservations. We walked up to the restaurant and tried to make reservations for later that day and we were told that they don't do reservations. Maybe the Disney Dining is different?

CaptSmee
03-10-2008, 11:40 PM
I don't know about calling DD but when I was there a few weeks ago, we couldn't make reservations. We walked up to the restaurant and tried to make reservations for later that day and we were told that they don't do reservations. Maybe the Disney Dining is different?

We're talking the Animal Kingdom location here, and yes they do make them. We have made them for years and have them for our upcoming trip. Maybe they were booked for the day when you stopped by? I'm not sure if the DTD location does, but they do give you a wait time that's similar to a fastpass with a return time on day same day visits.

IloveDisney71
03-11-2008, 08:31 AM
We're talking the Animal Kingdom location here, and yes they do make them. We have made them for years and have them for our upcoming trip. Maybe they were booked for the day when you stopped by? I'm not sure if the DTD location does, but they do give you a wait time that's similar to a fastpass with a return time on day same day visits.

I was talking about the Animal Kingdom location. The person at the "check-in" location said they absolutely do not do reservations - maybe she meant walk-ups? Maybe she was new and didn't know what she was talking about. Who knows but she didn't mention that we could call DD and it never occured to me to do that. We tried to get reservations pretty early and the restaurant was 1/2 empty the day we were there so I don't see how they could have been out of reservations? Maybe a lot of people didn't show up for their reservations. In the future I will try and call DD before I go and make reservations that way.
Thanks for the tip!

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-11-2008, 03:14 PM
:) On our 2005 trip, I was able to make ADRs for RFC at AK along with my DP ressies....

Quasimodo
03-11-2008, 06:09 PM
I know we have made reservations at the AK one, which is why I said yes in my post above. However, I may be mistaken that they take reservations for the Downtown Disney one.

Its been a while since we made reservations there, so its possible that they quit doing it. The simple solution is to just call Disney Dining and ask.

Love of Disney
03-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Thanks....I will call and find out. I will post the answer!!

NJ Camper
03-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Please post i would like to do ressies if possible also