PDA

View Full Version : Crowds Oct 28-31

CraniumCommando
03-10-2008, 02:50 PM
My work may send me to a conference on International Drive that starts on Oct 28.

Does anyone have a feel for what the crowds will be like? Oct 28th is a Tuesday, and Halloween would be that Friday.

If it's not too bad, I may bring the family and stay through the weekend :number1::mickey:

LovinWDW
03-10-2008, 03:37 PM
We have been there on these dates the past 2 years. You should be fine on tues-thurs. I would expect Friday to be crowded due to it being Halloween. You can bet there will be a MNSSHP that evening and most likely one of the other nights between the 28th and 30th. That being said you should go and bring the famliy. MNSSHP is one of the best events Disney puts on IMHO. We went for the first time 2 years ago and vowed to never miss another one. Have fun!:thumbsup:

laward32
03-10-2008, 07:05 PM
We went Oct 26-Nov 2, 2007 and the crowds were not too crazy, but busier than what I was expecting. We didn't wait on any ride longer than 15 minutes. The MNSSHP was good, it would have been great I suppose, but it rained. We didn't go to the first parade and the second one was rained out. They did do the fireworks and they were awesome. I didn't notice any difference in the crowds on Halloween. I would say take the family.:mickey:

CraniumCommando
03-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the info! If my wife can get off work, I think we'll all go.

We went to the MNSSHP in Sept 2006, and it was a blast. I bet even closer to Halloween would be even better.

I guess I'm in countdown mode now. :mickey:

224 days to go!!!!

MarkC
03-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Crowds should be moderate and the weather should be perfect. It may be a little busy at the Magic Kingdom due to MNSSHP, but overall you'll have lower crowds and a great time!!!

CandleontheWater
03-12-2008, 01:15 PM
My family and I will be down there so you can count on at least 8 other guests :mickey:

Seriously though, we were there Oct 19th-27th last year and while the crowds were larger than I was expecting, it wasn't awful. I think this time of year is getting more popular because of F&W, MNSSHP and how nice the weather usually is in Oct/Nov.

CraniumCommando
03-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Another question. The conference I will attend is close to International Drive, so we won't be staying on grounds like we usually do. What's the best way to get to and from the parks from off-site? Rental car? Shuttle?

Maybe it would be easier to stay on-site and rent a car to go to the convention.