PDA

View Full Version : Disney Tattoo's?

caryrae
03-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Anyone Disney fanatics have any Disney tattoos? Or plan to get one someday? Or no tattoo's at all.

If ya do have some Disney tattoo's what do you have?

MMouse6937
03-10-2008, 01:57 PM
I have three Disney tattoos. I have Sorcerer Mickey on my shoulder, a three circle "hidden" Mickey on my foot, and Stitch on my ankle. Not planning anymore Disney ones at this point, but you never know! :mickey:

cal5755
03-10-2008, 02:25 PM
I have one non-disney tattoo with my DH name in it..... I am planning on getting one with my 3 kids names or initials... I am thinking Cinderella for one dd, Belle for other dd and maybe pirate for ds... not sure though..I just know it has to be disney and include the kids......

figgie
03-10-2008, 02:47 PM
I love to get those Disney temporary tatoos when visiting WDW but would not consider a real permanent tatoo. Good thing to, as I get older, the body has, well, shifted, and no telling how a tatoo will look in a few more years....LOL:noway:

disneymom15
03-10-2008, 03:38 PM
No tatoos. Can't see marking up my body. Like Figgie said Dopey would probably turn into droopy.

DizNee143
03-10-2008, 04:27 PM
i have a mickey on the right side of my lower back..its a classic 3 circle mickey...
if anyone has ever seen the disney college program logo that looks like someone made the 3 circle by hand..that is exactly what i got..its no bigger than a half dollar...i love it! :mickey:

caryrae
03-10-2008, 04:35 PM
I just found this and I hope the links can stay, this guy has around 1,900 tatto's all Disney. Scroll down and you can see his tattoo's closer up, http://www.disneytattooguy.com/george.htm

Also he has over 26,000 Disney items inside and outside his house, for pics click here http://www.disneytattooguy.com/housepics.htm

Soul_Power
03-10-2008, 04:45 PM
WOW! Those tattoos and the "Disney house" are unbelievable!

That's true Disney love right there! Is he on Intercot?! :mickey:

MMouse6937
03-10-2008, 07:43 PM
I've seen that guy on the Discovery channel. It's pretty amazing. He has Spaceship Earth I think on his chest that is unbelievable. I don't think I could ever go that far, but they definatelly are addictive.

There was a lady in the store at POR last year who didn't think my Stitch was real. That's the hardest part about showing mine off in WDW, with the temporary ones, people think mine are fake. My DH spends time telling people, no those are really hers and she went through the pain for them, truly.

I love all my tattoos, the guy I had do them is an absolute artist. He loved doing Stitch, he even took pictures of it for his artist book. Next up is paws on my arm. I'm going to have a strip of cat paws and a strip of dog paws with the names of all my babies written around them. Probably will get something Disney next, been toying with the idea of Figment.

AHOTE
03-11-2008, 12:51 AM
This thread brought back some memories. Back in 1998 we met a guy on a bus at WDW from my home state, Pennsylvania. He's the Disney Tattoo Guy, his name is George Reiger Jr. and he lives in Bethlehem. At that time he had over 800 Disney tattoos on his body and he hoped to have over 1000 by the year 2000. Not only is he tattooed but he assured us that all of the clothing he wore that day had a Disney characters on it. He was nice enough to allow us to get pictures with him, I'll have to look them up and post them. I haven't done a web search but I'm sure he's out there in cyberspace. I wonder what his count is up to now?
I thought about a tattoo once but I figured, why mess with perfection :D

DDBird
03-11-2008, 06:36 AM
I have Minnie Mouse on my ankle and hubby has Stitch on his back and a hidden Mickey.
I only have the one tat but DH has 6 in total.
If I was to get anymore it would have to be an angry Donald Duck - Love him:thumbsup:

caryrae
03-11-2008, 11:29 AM
This thread brought back some memories. Back in 1998 we met a guy on a bus at WDW from my home state, Pennsylvania. He's the Disney Tattoo Guy, his name is George Reiger Jr. and he lives in Bethlehem. At that time he had over 800 Disney tattoos on his body and he hoped to have over 1000 by the year 2000. Not only is he tattooed but he assured us that all of the clothing he wore that day had a Disney characters on it. He was nice enough to allow us to get pictures with him, I'll have to look them up and post them. I haven't done a web search but I'm sure he's out there in cyberspace. I wonder what his count is up to now?
I thought about a tattoo once but I figured, why mess with perfection :D

I posted a couple links about him up a few posts. He as as of 2006 over 1900 and the other link is of his home which has over 26,000 disney things inside and outside.

JMTStone
03-12-2008, 04:24 PM
I have Simba on my upper arm (see above) and my husband has the Lion King broadway lion on his arm. We make quite a pair.

DD15 wants a Mickey but we're holding her off!

Love of Disney
03-12-2008, 04:32 PM
I would love one, but I am a chicken!! Donald Duck would be my choice!! :donald:

tinktude
03-13-2008, 05:58 PM
My husband has one of Grumpy dressed up like a firefighter, surrounded by flames.

I am thinking about getting a tinkerbell one on my shoulder.

laughingplace<3
03-13-2008, 07:56 PM
I would love to get a tattoo, but I want to make sure I have it down to perfection before I get it. The tattoo I'm getting won't be of anything Disney, however it is really cool seeing people with Disney tattoos.

#1donaldfan
03-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Sorry, no tattoo's....I love Disney, but not enough for that !!:ack:

JavaDuck
07-07-2008, 01:36 AM
Finally, got my 2nd tattoo. I'm a huge Donald Duck fan. Have over 200 Donald Duck items in my collection. Found the "perfect" Donald face on one of my pin sets I bought about 5 years ago. Finally, yesterday, got the Donald tattooed on the side of my leg. I love it!!

I plan to get another Donald Tattoo, the old Donald and new Donald standing back to back.

Gottaluvgoof
07-07-2008, 09:16 AM
I am definitely not into tattoos. I do have a Mickey bathroom, but nothing like "George" has. Wow! That is a WHOLE LOT of Disney going on there.

yjgirl715
07-07-2008, 09:41 AM
I have one Disney tatoo- it's Timon from the lion king with a hula skirt on- eventually I would like to get Simba and Pumba on each side of Timon and then have Hakuna Mutata written above them. Timon is on my lower back. I love it the guy did a great job on him. Little larger then I wanted.

Minnie Imagineer
07-07-2008, 09:47 AM
I would never get a tattoo, scared to death of needles and sharp things like pins! But that guy is so dedicated to disney! Gotta love it! (but I wouldn't want it on myself!)

Harley-Davidson_Guy
07-07-2008, 10:38 AM
I just found this and I hope the links can stay, this guy has around 1,900 tatto's all Disney. Scroll down and you can see his tattoo's closer up, http://www.disneytattooguy.com/george.htm

Also he has over 26,000 Disney items inside and outside his house, for pics click here http://www.disneytattooguy.com/housepics.htm

So cool! I met George last week. He was standing in Merchants of Venus store in Tomorrowland. I was talking to another CM and she just darted her eyes over toward him and didn't know that those were all Disney tatoos until I started talking to him. He is the nicest guy and you can name anyone of the characters and he can tell you right where they are. He has all 101 Dalmations and then in another spot he has 102 Dalmations from that movie. That's alot of Dalmation tatoos. :crazy: I thought I could name one he didn't have and I was sorely wrong. I figured he couldn't possibly have Wall-e yet but he did have it on his knee and he said he's had it there for 2 years. He said he had a couple of other ones from upcoming films that haven't been released yet but wouldn't show them. I'm guessing from Cars 2 or Toy Story 3 but he wouldn't say.
He says he comes to Disney once a month and if you read his web site you'll see that he may be purhaps the biggest fan. He showed me the first tatoo that he ever got and that was done on opening day of Disney World. He said it opened at 9am and he got his first tatoo at 2pm that same day. He also said he was the first to be married on property. Pretty cool stuff. If you ever see him don't be afraid to talk to him. He is the nicest guy. It will be obivous who he is. The tatoo name tage on his chest that says George helps too.:D

Marker
07-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Nope. No tattoos, no extra holes. And I don't see it happening. I've just never seen the need, or the sense in it.

conorsmom2000
07-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Yep, I have a Disney tattoo! :blush: I have peace, love and Mickey with pixie dust around my ankle. You can see pictures of it here (http://jmcmurray.smugmug.com/gallery/1989028_skYpi#101475747_V8esK) (some are from when it was first done, some are more recent). :mickey:

JMTStone
07-07-2008, 08:24 PM
The PhotoPass photographer noticed DH and my sorta matching Lion King tattoos and made us pose in front of the tree in AK displaying them.

Minnie Imagineer
07-07-2008, 09:17 PM
He said he had a couple of other ones from upcoming films that haven't been released yet but wouldn't show them. I'm guessing from Cars 2 or Toy Story 3 but he wouldn't say.

Thats so cool that you met him!! Actually, I would probably be scared to go and talk to him because of his tattoos- no offense to anyone who has tattoos, but he has so many it would scare me! But I would love to meet him but I'd feel like I wouldn't know anything about Disney compared to him!
And how did he cover up his new tat's? with band-aids??
And is there really going to be a Cars 2? I didn't like the 1st Cars to much...

Harley-Davidson_Guy
07-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Yes the Car 2 movie is due out in 2012. There doesn't seem to be much info about it though.
I wouldn't be afraid to talk to him. He is very approachable. The other CM also was afraid to talk to him but warmed up to him as soon as she saw how nice he was.
I just have to comment about the number of times you've seen the JoBros. OMJ!:faint: My DD is a huge fan! Huge. She saw them at the BOBW tour with Miley and again at the Disney Channel Games concert. It would be nice if they came to FL more. :number1:

Princess Maggie
07-08-2008, 09:35 PM
:mickey:
I got a Mickey Mouse on my ankle when I was 18. I did get in trouble from my mom, and as a matter of fact, 15 years later she still comments on it....but I love it.

PlutoLover
07-08-2008, 09:55 PM
My sister and I went for our first tattoos together, I was 19 and she was 27. I got Pluto on my left front thigh and she got Mickey's head on her belly. I still LOVE my Pluto :pluto: after many years. I have since added to my tattoo collection, my other love Axl Rose!!!

Marceline
07-08-2008, 09:56 PM
I have no tats but in HS I wanted a Mickey head with 8-ball ears and a rose in his mouth.....I was a weird teenager. :secret: Glad I didn't do it now.

jrkcr
07-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Last week I finally worked up the courage to go into the tattoo place and get an answer to my most important question(will it hurt?).:blush:

I'm getting Mickey. It is a really cute pose, and if I ever figure out how to post pics, I put it on here. (don't hold your breathe for that!) I'm probably getting it next week!!!!

I can't believe I'm actually getting one-I've wanted one since I was 18(1988!!-yes I am THAT old and getting a tat) Of course, back then I wanted a ring of thorns piercing my ankle with dripping blood....:rolleyes:

conorsmom2000
07-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Last week I finally worked up the courage to go into the tattoo place and get an answer to my most important question(will it hurt?).:blush:

The "will it hurt" question is the most common, but it's hard to get an answer - it totally depends on where you get it, and how your pain tolerance is. When I was getting mine, I had heard that the ankle was one of the worst places to get it (pain wise) - but, honestly, it wasn't bad at all. It had been described to me as someone scratching a sunburn and that's pretty much what it was like. Because I have so much pixie dust as part of my tattoo, they had to keep going over it - by the end of an hour, when they were doing the back portion, I'd definitely had enough - but it still didn't hurt. It was just annoying. I'd definitely do it again (and I will, when the money is there!)

Good luck and don't stress about it! It will be fine! :mickey:

mousefan76
07-11-2008, 01:41 PM
I have been thinking about getting one. I haven't decided what yet because I want it to be original, not something plain and boring. But I have to admit the good old fashion Mickey is appealing...

My DW thinks I am silly.

pianobabe
07-12-2008, 04:39 PM
... 18(1988!!-yes I am THAT old and getting a tat)

I am only a couple of weeks older than you.
We were having a birthday party for my mom last night and I mentioned wanting to get another tattoo. I did get an ear full about being too old and imagining what it would look like when I was older.
The one I have now is a heart on my right ankle. It is only about an inch wide and an inch tall. It is exactly what I wanted. I got it about 4 years ago and I have never regretted it. I got the heart when my second husband and I separted, because I still believed in love.
I am trying to decide what to do next. I have narrowed it down to 2 choices. It would be on my left ankle. My first choice is to have a ring of the three circle Mickey heads going around my ankle. The second choice would be a butterfly with various symbols that are important to me like a nurse's cap, a treble clef, a Cross and my brother's initials (he passed away earlier this year). The meaning behind the Mickey heads would be obvious, because I love WDW. The butterfly comes from a song from Queen which goes something like "My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies." It is only a matter of time before I do it.
I didn't think it was painful at all. I really was surprised. To me, it was more of a tickle that got annoying as time went on.

WDW crazy
07-13-2008, 02:11 AM
I have a 2 inch Mickey Mouse with his arms spread out like the Welcome to WDW sign. It is on the inside of my right ankle. I am now 50 years old and I only got it 5 years ago! He hasn't gotten droopy and saggy yet! :blush: I still love it and don't regret it at all. As far as pain, it didn't feel good but it really wasn't bad at all! I would like to get something with my kids name or initials on it but I haven't found what I want yet.

VolMickey
07-13-2008, 10:03 AM

All I can say is OMG! Wow!

VolMickey
07-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Nope. ... No extra holes. ...

That's hilarious! Agreed!

Mickey378
07-14-2008, 11:08 PM
my whole upper body is completely covered and one of my favorites is my "hidden" Mickey I have on the back of my hand. I actually saw it on a towell and worked the design from my arm onto my hand. I get quite a few responces walking around when people realize what it is. I'm starting my Disney leg sleeve in a few weeks and hopefully it will be done when I visit in September. I have many friends that tattoo and if anyone has any questions just ask. remember it's on your body forever so make sure you like the design. Most artist should be able to draw up whatever design you want with a few references and the internet is always a good source for designs.
this is a clothing company I modelled for. You can see the Mickey on my right hand....so tough hahaha
http://www.myspace.com/slayangels

Nance
07-15-2008, 02:57 PM
I have one tattoo :mickey: I've got it last year as a present (from my mom) for my birthday :secret: It is a own designed Devil :donald: For a pic check nancek.hyves.nl ; my background is the picture. It was just done when I took the pic

:rocks:

PrincessTracie
07-15-2008, 08:16 PM
I would really love to get a disney tattoo!! I have a non-disney one on my ankle, but I would love to get a castle with Tinkerbell sprinkling pixie dust on it (like the opening thing you see on disney movies). The problem is I have looked online and I cannot find ANY designs for the castle!! Anyone know of any sites I could go to to find designs of the castle?? PM me if you need to! THANKS!!!

caryrae
07-15-2008, 08:25 PM
A cool tattoo, if it can be done, would be one of the Castle when it was the Ice Castle at Xmas time.

Mickey378
07-17-2008, 03:31 PM
I would really love to get a disney tattoo!! I have a non-disney one on my ankle, but I would love to get a castle with Tinkerbell sprinkling pixie dust on it (like the opening thing you see on disney movies). The problem is I have looked online and I cannot find ANY designs for the castle!! Anyone know of any sites I could go to to find designs of the castle?? PM me if you need to! THANKS!!!
PrincessTracie,
Any picture of the caslte should be fine. What a tattoo artist should do is take the picture and photocopy it, then trace over it on a light board getting the image you want. That's how alot of portraits are done. stay away from someone wanting to do it freehand. A tattoo of the castle would probably have to be pretty big in order to get the detail you want, but if done right would look amazing. Do some research of the tattoo artists in your area and always check an artists portfolio before you sit down in the big scary chair. I would try to find an artist that does portraits and if anyone is a jerk just walkout of the shop, somebody should be happy to take your money. Good work isn't cheap and cheap work isn't good. Any questions feel free to pm me.