PDA

View Full Version : Pirate and Princess Party - For a solo adult?!?

grego77
03-10-2008, 09:51 AM
I am very much interested in making a VERY quick trip to "da Mouse's house" April 1-2...and MK closes at 7 for the P&P Party my one night there. Would it be worth it for me to go to the party solo, albeit being a 24-year old "big kid"?

I am planning on making it to Coral Reef for a late lunch on the 1st, and am also "contemplating" doing a LATE dinner at Cali Grill (it would be my first time) INSTEAD of doing the P&P party. Financially-wise, it would basically be a wash (roughly $45 meal at Cali Grill vs. $45 for P&P party).

My initial thought is go to the P&P anyway, because ride lines will be crazy short. Am I correct in assuming this?

Thoughts??? :mickey:

Belle619
03-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Well, last year my sister (36) and I (26) went to the P&P and we totally loved it - because as you mentioned, the lines for the rides are very short! We pratically ran onto rides!

It was also cool to see the fireworks show and the parade - even for us adults! And there were photo ops that aren't available any other time - i.e. Cinderella's coach.

We noticed a lot of other adults that weren't there with children, so you would totally have other people your age to talk to while at the party. So I'd say it is definitely worth doing - especially if you aren't sure you'll be able to attend in the future - Cali Grill will still be there on your next trip.

CleveSJM
03-10-2008, 12:14 PM
I agree with Belle619. My wife and I went on 2/26 and it was great even in a cold thunderstorm. Lines are very short and as a solo you won't be "forced" to scrunch in with anyone on a ride.

Taja
03-10-2008, 12:41 PM
I haven't done P&PP yet, but I've done MVMCP solo and MNSSHP with another adult. :thumbsup:

The parade and fireworks are terrific at these events. And the rest of the time you can do as you please--take advantage of other event activities or just enjoy the attractions. :)

Jozymouse
03-10-2008, 02:04 PM
We are 2 adults in our early 30s and totally enjoyed the P&PP! We went in 2007 and 2008. I almost did it solo in 2008 but at the last moment my sister decided to buy a ticket. But I would have done it solo. The parade and fireworks are AWESOME and its a great opportunity to do some rides with no wait and see rare disney characters or popular ones wearing cute pirate/princess costumes! :thumbsup:

JPL
03-10-2008, 02:13 PM
I did it solo in January and was quite underwhelmed by it. The Parade was ok I guess another daytime parade shown at night nothing spectacular. The Fireworks were awesome I will say that. And the lines for the rides were short but not worth the extra $45 IMHO. The only thing worth seeing is the fireworks and you can watch them with the music piped in for free from the beach at the Poly. I would have a nice dinner over the party and then go over to the pPoly to catch the fireworks,

PiratesLifeForMe3
03-10-2008, 03:00 PM
I went on 2/26 also and it is definitely worth going to. The fireworks are worth the price alone and we walked on every single ride there, including Space Mountain and Peter Pan, and that rarely ever happens.

CleveSJM
03-10-2008, 03:14 PM
I went on 2/26 also and it is definitely worth going to. The fireworks are worth the price alone and we walked on every single ride there, including Space Mountain and Peter Pan, and that rarely ever happens.

Totally agree about the fireworks. One hint, the P&P fireworks are definitely best seen from the front of the castle. At one point, Capt. Hook attacks the castle and the "explosions" are only seen well from the front.

grego77
03-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Thanks so much for all the info! You convinced me!!! :D

I just booked my reservation (im staying at POFQ), and I purchased the P&P party for that night, the first of April. :party:

CAN'T WAIT!!! :mickey:

goofygirl67
03-10-2008, 07:26 PM
I went 3 times last year solo and I am planning on going again in May. I am early 40ish and I went on all the rides, enjoyed the fireworks and even went around the park for treasure (candy, beads and raisins).
I do think the parade needs more pirates though.