PDA

View Full Version : companion bathrooms with changing tables

Briansmom
03-10-2008, 01:32 AM
Can anyone tell me where the companion restrooms with changing tables for guests with disabilities are in each of the parks? OR just where all the companion restrooms are in each of the parks? Or at least tell me where that information may be?

Thanks!

tennantsrwe
03-10-2008, 07:31 AM
HI.
I would check out the park maps...they usually show that info. Or call guest services and ask for the locations at the parks. Wish I could be more helpful but I don't want to tell you the wrong info.

nifty48
03-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Hi Lela,

I just checked the Magic Kingdom map and it doesn't indicate companion bathrooms. It only indicates bathrooms. I did go to the Walt Disney World Resort internet site and on the bottom there is a link to Guest With Disabilities. When you click on it it will bring up information on Guests with Disabilities. Scroll down and you will find Restrooms. Click on that and it lists the companion bathrooms in each of the parks. The two companion bathrooms that I can think of (next to Pinocchio's Resturant and one at the entrance to Toontown Fair) do not have changing tables, I'm not sure if any of them do. :confused:

If you can't find the link I'm talking about let me know and I'll email the info to you.

Marilyn Michetti
03-10-2008, 10:46 AM
I don't recall companion bathrooms except at Sea World. I'm sure they have them tho'. They're designed for people that need help from someone of the opposite sex, or anyone, I guess that needs assistance.:confused:

ElenitaB
03-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Naomi, thanks so much for that tip. In case anyone needs the link to the list of companion restrooms, here (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/common/Plain?id=PlainHomePage#restrooms) it is. I do recall seeing a changing table in the companion restroom near Splash Mountain, but I wouldn't be willing to put my hand in the fire to vouch for it (it's been a while since DS got "lost" in there when going to use the restroom).

Tink1
03-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Copied from "The Mouse on Wheels" website

Most restrooms throughout WDW have facilities for access using wheelchairs. Companion-assisted restroom facilities are located at all First Aid locations, as well as at:

Magic Kingdom® Park
Lower level of Cinderella's Royal Table
Mickey's Toontown Fair
Next to Space Mountain®
Pirates of the Caribbean
Splash Mountain
Transportation and Ticket Center East Gate

Epcot®
East side of Spaceship Earth
Future World East Block opposite Test Track
Future World West Block opposite The Land
Near the Canada Pavilion
Near the Germany Pavilion
Near the Morocco Pavilion
Near the Norway Pavilion opposite the Viking ship

Disney-MGM Studios
Fantasmic!
Next to Soundstage 3
Opposite Star Tours
Opposite "The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror"
Rock 'N' Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith
To the right of the entrance to Lights, Motors, Action!™ Extreme Stunt Show

Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Asia near Maharajah Jungle Trek
Chester and Hester's Dinosaur Treasures in Dinoland U.S.A.®
Discovery Island opposite Flame Tree Barbecue
Harambe Village in the Mombasa Marketplace
Expedition Everest Area Restrooms
Conservation Station at Rafiki's Planet Watch

Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park
To the rear of the Locker area on the north side of Main Change

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Near Guest Services

Disney's Wide World of Sports® Complex
The Ballpark at Disney's Wide World of Sports® Complex
Tennis Complex

DawsonAR
03-10-2008, 12:20 PM
My DD who is 9 is in a wheelchair and wears diapers. We usually take her to the first aide station and use the tables there. That has always worked well for us unless we are on the otherside of the park or something. We usually just plan our day around a few stops for changing the diapers.

Briansmom
03-11-2008, 10:43 PM
:thanks:

I knew I could count on my Intercot pals! You're all awesome!

:mickey: