PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian Questions

JCDarzi
03-10-2008, 12:06 AM
Trip Countdown in the single digits now :party:

Trying to think up anything to make our trip better and had a couple of questions to ask about Poly

1) We have only stayed at value resorts on site. I remember Pop Century and All Stars having quite a few sandwiches, snacks, desserts, fruits/veggies prepared and refrig'd for eating on the run. Does Poly have an equivalent? In particular, we were thinking about breakfast items that could be eaten in the room while we were getting ready.

2) I was reading on this site about watching Wishes from the beach at Poly. I have planned for our first night to watch spectromagic and wishes at MK. Would it be better to go back to Poly after Spectro and hit the beach for Wishes? Or is there a better viewing area (we have a garden view room) at Poly for Wishes?

Carol
03-10-2008, 07:15 AM
The Polynesian resort does have a counter service area that has those refrigerator sections you described.

If you've never seen Wishes before it's best to view it from the Park. You are quite a distance from them viewing from the resort.

gardenia
03-10-2008, 07:19 AM
Captain Cook's, which is on the lower floor of the Great Ceremonial House near the pool area, has counter service breakfast and some "grab 'n go" items.

If you don't mind the crowds, watch Wishes at the park - you will be able to hear the music clearly and get the full impact. If you hate crowds and don't mind a somewhat muted show, watch from the beach. You can also watch the electrical water pageant from the beach.

SBETigg
03-10-2008, 07:26 AM
Trip Countdown in the single digits now :party:

Trying to think up anything to make our trip better and had a couple of questions to ask about Poly

1) We have only stayed at value resorts on site. I remember Pop Century and All Stars having quite a few sandwiches, snacks, desserts, fruits/veggies prepared and refrig'd for eating on the run. Does Poly have an equivalent? In particular, we were thinking about breakfast items that could be eaten in the room while we were getting ready.

2) I was reading on this site about watching Wishes from the beach at Poly. I have planned for our first night to watch spectromagic and wishes at MK. Would it be better to go back to Poly after Spectro and hit the beach for Wishes? Or is there a better viewing area (we have a garden view room) at Poly for Wishes?

1. Captain Cook's has a vast array of items that can be grabbed and eaten on the run, and they are open 24 hours. Premade salads, fruits, veggies, sandwiches, baked goods, etc. They also have Dole Whips, soft serve, and double as a counter service restaurant during regular operating hours.

2. On the first night, it depends on how tired you are, if you want to leave early to watch from the Poly beach or if you would rather stay in park. We like to do both- one night watching in the park and one night watching from the beach. They're both different experiences and if I could only choose one, it would be to watch in park. But at the beach, you get a great view and you also get to watch the Electric Water Pageant. The Polynesian beach is the best place to watch from the Poly unless you have a room with a view or access to the concierge lounge. The speakers are closest to the pool if you want to hear the show in full.

krorx
03-10-2008, 12:31 PM
I'd go for wishes in the park then watch it from the beach one night before you leave. That is a nice view as well and very peaceful but nothing is as good as being right there where it's happening. No matter what, you'll have a wonderful time. We found the food quite good at the Poly (Capt. Cooks).

Polynesian Dweller
03-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Others have addressed Captain Cooks and it is good with lots to take with you.

We actually prefer the view of Wishes from the Poly. Its gives a perspective on the fireworks you cannot get at MK itself. Really beautiful with the reflection of the fireworks on the water. It would sound like you've likely seen Wishes on some of your other stays so I'd suggest seeing them from the Poly to see what its like from there.

JCDarzi
03-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Thank you so much for your input. We will try to watch Wishes at both the park and the beach if we have time. Our trip is only 4 days this time and we have a first-timer with us. With the high crowd levels next week, we will be running to catch the big attractions.

Jeany031
05-23-2008, 06:25 PM
How to get to Epcot from the Polynesian Resort. And the address to the Polynesian Resort.:mickey:

Aggie97
05-23-2008, 07:19 PM
How to get to Epcot from the Polynesian Resort. And the address to the Polynesian Resort.:mickey:

We like to walk to the TTC and catch the monorail to Epcot. There are signs throughout the resort that direct you to the path to the TTC. You also could take the monorail from the Polynesian to the TTC and then transfer to the Epcot monorail line.

The address I've used for directions is:
1600 Seven Seas Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
05-23-2008, 07:21 PM
The best way to get to Epcot is to take the 5-7 minute walk to the TTC and hop on the Epcot monorail. Takes you directly there.

The address can be foun on the Intercot Polynesian page here (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/polynesian/default.asp).