PDA

View Full Version : Yes more question?

Deesdisney
03-09-2008, 11:14 PM
I am about 3 months away from buying dvc points. I have a couple questions before that. I was wondering if the Villas have room service? If they do has anyone used it? We are planning on buying enough for a studio only cause we never cook on vacation (its my vacation too) and we are never at the hotel long. I was just thinking of breakfast. I usually bring my own but would like to have a warm meal a couple of times.:confused:

lockedoutlogic
03-09-2008, 11:38 PM
I am about 3 months away from buying dvc points. I have a couple questions before that. I was wondering if the Villas have room service? If they do has anyone used it? We are planning on buying enough for a studio only cause we never cook on vacation (its my vacation too) and we are never at the hotel long. I was just thinking of breakfast. I usually bring my own but would like to have a warm meal a couple of times.:confused:

I'm confused as to your question....

room service as in housekeeping.....or room service as in breakfast in bed?

Room service....as in food....is available at the Beach Club, Animal Kindgom Lodge, Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge, and undoubtedly the Contemporary when they start selling

It is not included under any circumstance....but is available for a fee

Housekeeping comes on the 4th day of your stay...and i believe towels are replenished every other day....but i can't remember offhand

Hope the info helped

wendy*darling
03-10-2008, 07:02 AM
I was wondering if the Villas have room service? If they do has anyone used it?
The answer above is correct. I have never used it though.

All of the DVC Resorts have at least one table service restaurant that serves breakfast as well, including a few with character breakfasts.

We are planning on buying enough for a studio only
I believe the minimum number of points you can purchase these days is 160 if you buy through Disney. You might be able to purchase a smaller contract if you go through resale.

Carol
03-10-2008, 07:09 AM
We are planning on buying enough for a studio only cause we never cook on vacationJust because you have a kitchen - doesn't mean you have to use it. The most I make is ice and coffee.

However, I love having the parlor area, king bed, deluxe bathroom w/whirlpool and the washer/dryer. None of which are available in a studio.

pox24
03-10-2008, 08:46 AM
When I hear room service I think of having a meal brought up. All DVC accomodations have "in room dining". Its just like a regular hotel room. We use it alot with never a problem. Maid service must be paid for if you want more than what they allow as mentioned above.

Maleficent's Dad
03-10-2008, 09:23 AM
All of the DVC Resorts have at least one table service restaurant that serves breakfast as well, including a few with character breakfasts.
Linda,
I don't believe that SSR has a table service for b'fast. I could be wrong here, but I thought the only option for breakfast at SSR was at Artist's Palette.

Am I missing something at SSR??? :scratch:

Deesdisney
03-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Sorry, I meant food. I was wondering if they deliver food to all Villas. It would help me out in the mornings with everyone getting ready. I would have food brought up while every one is getting ready. It seems my family takes forever to get going. So I thought it would save some time. So if I read this right all the Villas have room service. Even Old Key West?

pox24
03-10-2008, 10:58 AM
I'm so sorry. OKW and SSR do not have in room dining. You have call out.

Deesdisney
03-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Thank you for the info. That is what I thought about OKW and SSR. I guess I will have to bring something with me.

wendy*darling
03-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Linda,
I don't believe that SSR has a table service for b'fast. I could be wrong here, but I thought the only option for breakfast at SSR was at Artist's Palette.
No, you're right. But Artist Palette does have breakfast platters and sandwiches and there is a place to sit and relax while dining.
When I stayed there, it was the only dining option- and I guess I tried to think of it as a TS-esque like establishment (but it's not- it's a food court;)).

Johnno52
03-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Bread bagels and even donuts are available at all resort stores. Family or individual fruit platers are also available and are great for breakfast. The toaster and microwave will help you get that fast start. In room service is very expensive, all resorts have CS breakfasts and are reasonably priced.