PDA

View Full Version : Best hotel for thirty-something couple?

Kennywife
03-09-2008, 09:15 PM
We are re-scheduling our trip soon and are looking at where to stay.:clappy: Next year, we are thinking of going in the spring around April or May. :cloud9:
We will be celebrating our 3 year anniversary :marg: We like to do stuff on the resorts as well as the parks. What would be a good hotel for a couple with no children in their early 30's to stay at? I loooove Epcot and he likes Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. We both like dining, shopping, and DTD. :spend:
Our old reservation had us at CBR. SHould we go for that one again or somewhere else?

Anna

#1donaldfan
03-09-2008, 09:34 PM
For us it would depend on the money situation.......

Money being no object I'd stay at Poly / GF

If I were budgeting more closely I'd choose POR and so on from there......have a great trip !!

grumpypima
03-09-2008, 09:50 PM
We just got back for Coronado Springs. We loved it. The resort is beautiful and the pool area is great. For a romantic evening, grab a cocktail and a hammock and watch the sun set. Also, the new lounge is hot!

Seasonscraps
03-09-2008, 09:53 PM
I would choose POFQ or POR at the moderate level. The property is beautiful, there's a nice lounge at both resorts plus the boat ride to DTD.

I would choose the Boardwalk at the deluxe level - the location cannot be beat. EPCOT & MGM are right there - it's an easy ride to the MK with loads of dining & evening entertaining options.

figgie
03-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Since you love Epcot, I would say The Yacht Club is a good choice(less children than the Beach Club side). You can walk to the Boardwalk for grown-up nightly entertainment and either walk to Epcot or take the boat to Epcot and Disney Studios. And the property has the best pool, hands down, with lots of little grotos to snuggle into and get away from some of the kids.

Both Wilderness Lodge(where we spent our anniversary) and Animal Kingdom Lodge(another great anniversay) are wonderful romantic places to consider also. Keep in mind that the more upscale, the less child crazy! All Stars and POP are usuallyfull of school groups and crazy, noisey and not as romantic.

buzz2001
03-10-2008, 05:49 AM
CSR! Great transportation, 4 lounges, awesome pool and good food options.

LauraF
03-10-2008, 09:20 AM
POFQ or CSR would by my votes, for very different reasons.

CSR - very low crowds normally, with the exception of the conventioneers. Families seem to not want to stay there because apparently seeing people in suits will ruin the atmophere for them. :D I was there in September during a convention and other than seeing large signs in the lobby to direct visitors, I never saw the conventioneers at all. I spent a lot of time strolling around the lagoon holding hands with my sweetie. :cloud9:

POFQ: Hands down IMHO the most romantic resort, except for the Grand Floridian. The resort offers carriage rides for a decent rate ($25 I think), the "streets" are great to walk around in the evening and the boat ride to DTD is of course a lot of fun and a great way to slow down and get away from the fuss of the buses.

Aggie97
03-10-2008, 12:23 PM
We (couple in our early 30s) really like the Polynesian, for several reasons:
- monorail to MK
- walk to TTC for monorail to Epcot
- excellent restaurants and lounge on site -- and can walk to GF or monorail to GF & Contemporary for even more options
- easy access to great shopping on-site and via monorail
- lush atmosphere
- large room size
- romantic beach and nighttime walks w/ view of castle & fireworks

:mickey:

krorx
03-10-2008, 12:29 PM
If money is no object, the Poly gets my vote. What's more romantic for a third anniversary than a lush, tropical setting? :lei:

MarkC
03-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Can't really disagree with any of the prior posts, but I would vote for the Yacht Club or Boardwalk, as they have a lot of romantic type things for couples with no kids. Great location, grounds, etc. Enjoy. Mark

JMTStone
03-10-2008, 12:56 PM
One vote for Animal Kingdom Lodge. We loved it there. There are two great sit-down places to eat... the animals are RIGHT THERE. DH and I loved it there. We didn't see too many kids there, either!

Von-Drake
03-10-2008, 01:33 PM
For me and my wife (both 30's) it would be somewhere on the monorail line, probably Grand Floridian (my wife's favorite). Of course this being if money were no object. Otherwise, I would be inclined to go with the POFQ.

DisneyTeen
03-10-2008, 01:54 PM
I would place my vote for The Boardwalk. (Or one of walking hotels near boardwalk, Swan/Dolphin, Beach/Yacht Club) Its a short walk to Epcot, as well as the other hotels within walking distance. Also, we like the nightlife at the boardwalk to be better than other hotels. Jellyrolls alone is reason to stay there and walk back to your room with no worries of driving or waiting for a bus/cab. Atlantic Dance, ESPN.and the other restaurants are great. Also, epcot is our favorite park and we tend to stay right till the end, so a walk back to the hotel is alot better than waiting for the buses. There is just alot of nightlife and things to do just a short walk from your hotel room.

BluewaterBrad
03-10-2008, 04:49 PM
CSR is really great!!. You cant go wrong with CBR either!!:mickey:

Kairi_7378
03-10-2008, 05:56 PM
If you're going Deluxe, I'd do the Poly or the WL. If going with a moderate, I'd suggest one of the PO resorts. (I think POFQ is a little more romantic but DH is partial to RS.)

Kennywife
03-10-2008, 06:04 PM
We're thinking of doing the land and sea thing, so the ones we would be the most inclined to do are either POFQ or CBR for mod. or AKL or Poly for Deluxe, budget pending. (We stayed at PO at honeymoon and would like to stay somewhere else this time)

Anna

McGoofy
03-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Congrats on the anniversary!:party:

My DH and I are in our 30's too. We have only been to WDW one time without our 9 year old son, and we chose to stay at CSR. It's a moderate that borders on being a deluxe hotel. CSR seems to be more catered to adults--probably because it is a convention center. For example, they now have a lounge/dance club on site ("Rix") that you have to be 21 and over to get into. There's also a fun outdoor bar if you don't want to go that lounge. There's the marina where you can do things. There's also a health club/spa on site if you like to work out or want a massage. I think it's upgraded the way it is because it is geared for convention attendees. Convention attendees are actually a plus for regular guests. When conventions are in progress, the attendees are in conference at the resort. Therefore, the buses are not crowded going to the parks and the pool isn't very crowded. CSR is in general a beautiful atmosphere, and I think it would be a great moderate resort for an anniversary celebration!

btuskan
03-11-2008, 06:33 AM
DH and I love WL, but have stayed at the poly and CR. All three resorts are great, but love WL! We enjoy the dining that the MK hotels provide...artist point, narcoossees, ohanas, california grille, whispering canyon cafe, trails end buffet, and the list goes on. I know that for every restaurant listed above, there are counterparts at the EPCOT resorts... by the way have stayed at BCV and it was wonderful...but prefer the dining at MK. Just my :twocents:.

lockedoutlogic
03-11-2008, 10:20 AM
I would say port orleans.....

coronado would be the second choice in moderates...avoid caribbean

Yacht Club and Wilderness Lodge would be my recommendations if money were no object

teambricker04
03-11-2008, 02:39 PM
If my DH and I could go to Disney without the bumpkins, we would stay at the Poly. It is neat, we like the idea of staying on the monorail, and you can get dole whips :tasty:

Generally we stay at AS suites or the cabins, but this next trip we are trying the BC. I love it over there and it is a nice walk to EPCOT. I agree... if you stay over there there is tons to do like the BW nightclubs and such.