PDA

View Full Version : High Winds!

figgie
03-09-2008, 05:44 PM
DH and I went to WDW yesterday. It was pretty cool and very windy. This is the first time there was a long line at TTC for the monorail and I was surprised until I noticed that the Boat to the MK wasn't running. In fact most of the boats weren't running it was so windy. This is the first time I've been there and they wern't running. Anybody else been there when the boats weren't running?

(By the way, we were dressed for the cold but you would be surprised how many people were there in shorts and those sleeveless tops. Buuurrrrrr. People, listen to the weather report. If it is going to be cold, dress appropriatley, even if you are in Florida. You don't want to get sick on vacation.)

ligirlz
03-09-2008, 09:52 PM
I only seen that once and it was when it was also very windy. The lakes by me were very very choppy and I can imagine over there. I think it is good that they didn't run the ferries because I don't think they want alot of sick guests:sick:. That would not be pretty.

I went to DHS yesterday and man was it breezy/brisk. I saw alot of people really underdressed and running to get sweatshirts. I live in FL like you and was dressed for it just in a sweatshirt and jeans.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-09-2008, 10:11 PM
On one of our day trips last summer (can't remember when) they shut down the boats as it got windy and nasty rainy quick. It actually started while we were in the middle of the lake on the way over...that was def not fun!

Polynesian Dweller
03-09-2008, 10:33 PM
We've seen that a couple of times over the years. When the wind comes across the Lagoon the right way you can get some pretty good waves. But I wonder if it has more to do with the wind pushing the ferries around more than the waves. Maybe a CM knows for sure.

MissMaryPoppins
03-10-2008, 12:42 AM
I was in the parks on Saturday too and I couldn't believe the people walking around in shorts. I saw alot of people in flip-flops too. I guess some people figure if they're going to Florida for vacation and they'll wear shorts even if they get frost bite from it.

Joy