PDA

View Full Version : How long to plan for eating?

Princess2BsMom
03-09-2008, 07:55 AM
I know that things happen and sometimes things are slow, but on a normal day about how long do you plan for the TS that you eat at. For example the buffets and such. Just trying to figure out a time frame to make ADRs so I can attempt to not be eating when there is an event or a parade going on.:tasty:

Strmchsr
03-09-2008, 09:00 AM
Well, you have to be at your restaurant 10-15 min before your ADR to make sure you're seated on time. They allow 45ish minutes to eat at a buffet and 60-75 min at a sit down. Some folks take longer, of course, but we're fairly fast eaters and don't dawdle. That was about our average.

Tygger7
03-09-2008, 09:03 AM
From the time you walk into the restuarant (figuring in that you need to arrive 15 mins before your ADR time), I'd allow 90 minutes. You MIGHT get done in an hour, but from my experience it usually takes a good hour after we're seated. If it's a character meal, allow a minimum of 90 minutes....just depends how long you want to hang out with the characters. :cloud9:

busterthebronco
03-09-2008, 09:26 AM
i allways count on an hour

Tinkerfreak
03-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Character meals can take well over an hour. We went to Crystal Palace it took over an hour and a half for us to get to see all of the characters and that was after we finally told our waiter that we were still waiting to see a few.

comicguy
03-09-2008, 10:09 AM
I would plan on a minimum of an hour from the time you sit down until the time you leave.

wilshade
03-09-2008, 10:22 AM
One thing you can do to be proactive, especially in a TS restaurant, is to let your server know if you are looking to be somewhere else by a certain time. In most cases, your server will try to cut unnecessary time down as much as feasibly possible.

The reverse is also true, especially in the "Signature" restaurants. If you ar not facing any time constraints, tell your server. They can provide a more relaxing pace to your meal.

Some of the better waitstaff CMs will ask you upfront if you are facing time constraints or are looking for a relaxed pace.

Mickey91
03-09-2008, 11:17 AM
We generally take an hour or just a little over. The exception to that has been Le Cellier - around 2 hrs and 50's Prime Time- also around 2 hrs. The Coral Reef has taken us around 1 1/2 hours.

GrmGrninGost
03-09-2008, 12:11 PM
TS meals take at least an hour and may take over 2 hours. We usually take about 1 hour and 15 minutes for the buffets. Some of the other places where you actually have to wait on someone to serve you can take much longer. We have been at Cali Grill, LeCellier and Coral Reef close to or over 2 hours. This may seem like a long time, but after a day in the parks, it is a blessing at times. The Disney restaurants are so beautiful and well themed, it's a pleasure to be there! :mickey:

wendy*darling
03-09-2008, 01:38 PM
It all depends on the patience level of your kids!

When mine were young, we could be in, eat and out of a TS or buffet in under an hour!

Once we got a coveted patio table at Rose & Crown for the fireworks- and we were done eating 90 minutes before Illuminations! There was no way we could sit there that long. So, some lucky family got a prime spot at the last minute.

Now that kids are older- or when we just go as adults or with another adult couple, we let our server know we are not in a rush. We can easily sit and enjoy a meal for 2 hours.
But that could NEVER happen when the kids were little.

Most CMs can set a pace to suit your needs.

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-09-2008, 08:34 PM
I would say at least 1 hour. On average an hour and half. My husband and I take our time and enjoy ourselves so it usually takes us 1 1/2 to 2 hours.