PDA

View Full Version : Bus Transportation - Epcot

Pikea
03-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Can you take a bus from Epcot to Downtown Disney? I know you can take the Monorail to the Transportation Center and buses are there but can you get on a bus at Epcot? Thanks.

ligirlz
03-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Yep you can take a bus from EPCOT to DTD. All you have to do is go to the bus stops and your on your way.

Maleficent's Dad
03-08-2008, 07:49 PM
I don't believe there are any buses from the parks to DTD.

You could, however, from EPCOT, walk through the International Gateway and get a bus from the BC to DTD.

Lacy
03-08-2008, 08:44 PM
I know that there aren't buses to/from the parks and DTD. But am I going crazy or did they used to have buses connecting the parks and DTD?

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-08-2008, 09:06 PM
I don't think you're going crazy! I do believe that there used to be busses, but they found that too many people were taking advantage of the free parking at DTD to avoid paying for parking at the theme parks.

So, now the buses only run to/from the resorts and DTD.

Gator
03-08-2008, 09:34 PM
No buses from parks to DTD. However, this can be a fun experience. Go to the bus stop and take the first bus that has space that's about to leave to a resort. You get to see a new resort when you arrive. Plus you'll get to meet people doing the same thing as you wait for the DTD bus. I met some people at SSR in 2006 that were real nice and had a little boy who was very interested in StarWars. So I got to talk to him a lot. And everytime I'd run into him, he'd say "I know you - you're the StarWars guy." Maybe not cool to you, but it was cool to me.

Genie1953
03-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Go to the bus stop and take the first bus that has space that's about to leave to a resort. You get to see a new resort when you arrive. Plus you'll get to meet people doing the same thing as you wait for the DTD bus.

What a great idea!!! :thumbsup:

CaptainDisney
03-09-2008, 12:42 AM
Yup, there are no buses to DTD from any of the theme parks. There are also no buses to DTD (or any of the resorts for that matter) from the TTC. Gator's idea works great, or you could take the SSR, OKW or POR/PFQ bus (whichever comes first) and hop on the river launch to DTD from one of those resorts. That is the most scenic route, although it could end up taking a chunk of time.

ligirlz
03-09-2008, 09:15 AM
I don't think you're going crazy! I do believe that there used to be busses, but they found that too many people were taking advantage of the free parking at DTD to avoid paying for parking at the theme parks.

So, now the buses only run to/from the resorts and DTD.

Sorry for the misinformation. They must have changed since I took the buses about 4 years ago. I remember there used to be buses to DTD from the parks and DTD to TTC. It is good that Disney caught up to people's shananigans of free parking.

Pikea
03-09-2008, 12:55 PM
No buses from parks to DTD. However, this can be a fun experience. Go to the bus stop and take the first bus that has space that's about to leave to a resort. You get to see a new resort when you arrive. Plus you'll get to meet people doing the same thing as you wait for the DTD bus. I met some people at SSR in 2006 that were real nice and had a little boy who was very interested in StarWars. So I got to talk to him a lot. And everytime I'd run into him, he'd say "I know you - you're the StarWars guy." Maybe not cool to you, but it was cool to me.

:mickey: What a Wonderful idea - Thanks so much for sharing.

dumbo ears
03-09-2008, 01:01 PM
ya there is a bus to dtd from all the parks.

Polynesian Dweller
03-09-2008, 02:13 PM
ya there is a bus to dtd from all the parks.

Um NO. There used to be but not now.

You now have to take a bus to a resort and then transfer to a bus to a theme park or reverse that. You could walk or transfer to a boat from one of the Epcot resorts.

DisneyDudet
03-09-2008, 03:05 PM
I don't believe there are any buses from the parks to DTD.

You could, however, from EPCOT, walk through the International Gateway and get a bus from the BC to DTD.

This would be my first choice if you are in Epcot. From MK, I would walk to CR and catch the bus from there. From MGM (DHS or whatever it is now), you can boat to Swan or walk to BW (the first places you reach with each mode of transport), and take a bus from there. From AK, I would take the bus to AKL and catch the bus from there.