PDA

View Full Version : Best idea to cheer up...

azdisneymom
03-08-2008, 05:20 PM
DD and I are planning a trip to WDW and are so excited. That was until DS found out he would be reporting to Marine Boot camp 2 days after we had planned to leave. :cry: Postponing the trip is no problem but I know I will be down in the dumps. I just can't imagine not hearing his voice for 13 weeks. Since DD and I will be leaving the same day DS leaves do you have any suggestions to cheer us up? We are proud but will miss him terribly. TIA!

Stan
03-08-2008, 07:25 PM
I don't know if I can help you miss him less, but I just want to say thank you to yet another willing defender of our way of life and his family. :thumbsup: :thanks:

Marine boot camp may not be his favorite 13 weeks of his life (just a guess- no personal experience), but it will prepare him well for whatever his service brings him, and his entire life afterward.

I hope you enjoy your visit to WDW, even though DS is "busy". ;)

BronxTigger
03-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Can you move the trip UP so the three of you could go together? Then, you and your DD can scrapbook the trip and think about all the good memories you made together?

azdisneymom
03-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Can you move the trip UP so the three of you could go together? Then, you and your DD can scrapbook the trip and think about all the good memories you made together?

We actually tried to rearrange trip so the 3 of us could go together. However DS is not a real Disney fan (how can that be? :confused: ) and he would rather do something else before he goes.

DS did make a suggestion. He wants us to take pictures of all the food we eat to print out on the letters we write to him while he is away. LOL. I guess he is not looking forward to mess hall food or maybe there is something about Disney he will miss. :mickey:

disneylovinmom
03-09-2008, 06:03 PM
I don't think anything will make you feel better. But, please let me thank your son and your family for willingly making the sacrifices that come with defending this great nation. God Bless!!:thanks::flag:

Marilyn Michetti
03-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Don't look at his Boot Camp as you being in the dumps. Concentrate on the anticipation of what you will see at the end of the 13 weeks. He will be trim, toned, and breathtakingly georgous. Think of it as the ultimate makeover.

When I was in bootcamp, we were allowed to call home, and were required to write once a week. You'll hear from him. My mother couldn't believe what she saw when she came to Bainbridge Md. for my recruit graduation. Her eyes were big as saucers. He will miss you, and you will miss him, but the time will fly by so quickly. Take lots of pictures of your trip, and start planning the party for his first official leave after basic.

Good things to all of you!!! God bless DS for choosing to serve - it truly is an honor that will define the rest of his life.:flag: