PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Prices

Hjoyce
03-08-2008, 01:15 PM
First post- you're all so knowledgable!!

Can anyone tell me when they publish room/pkg prices for the upcoming year? I'm in charge of planning a girl's vaca for next Spring and am anxious to know exact prices. We have approximate totals based on this year's prices, but we can't book either.

TIA!

Patty
03-08-2008, 03:18 PM
First of all :welcome:
Next I am far from an expert and am in the same situation. Looking for next January myself, so I also would love to know the answer to this question. I read somewhere that they list it 6 months before, but in retrospect, that may be the park hours, I am not sure.

Mrs Grumpy
03-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Last year it was the first week of August I believe when they came out. I am also doing the waiting game.

KarenP
03-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Prices are usually out in late summer.

Hjoyce
03-08-2008, 08:59 PM
thanks to all for replying!
thinking out loud here but how do you book for January if they don't have prices until mid-August? odd but oh well...thanks again!! :mickey:

Genie1953
03-08-2008, 09:39 PM
I would say that we probably just need to go ahead and book and then figure it out later. :confused:
I, too, am interested. Planning for sure on going in April 2010 (30 year wedding anniversary) but would like to sneak in a trip next year also! :mickey: :thumbsup:

faline
03-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Room only reservations can be booked before specific rates for 2009 are announced. Packages, however, can't be booked until the package rates are set which will be cometime this summer.

Harriet
03-10-2008, 05:33 AM
You can book room only at current rate with the understanding that the rate will be adjusted to the 2009 rates when they are posted. I have done this a number of times. But as stated you will have to wait if you are looking for a package rate. The rate are usally out by August.

playdead88
03-10-2008, 06:41 AM
last year was the longest wait - the two years before that the rates come out in july - hopefully this year disney wont make us wait until august for package prices

tennantsrwe
03-10-2008, 07:22 AM
We, too, are planning a 2009 trip. In speaking with an AAA agent they said the packages for 2009 are usually released in July/August. If you're booking for Jan 2009 and planning on dining, you can make those ressies 180 days out. Even if you don't yet have your MYW package yet. Once the packages are released and you book you'll have to pay your balance 45 days proir to arrival. I, too, wish they would release the dates earlier especially for those who want to travel in Jan. It would be nice to have a little longer to get the trip paid for. Hope these tips help and keep your fingers crossed we get those dates EARLY!!

LauraF
03-10-2008, 08:57 AM
I hear you.

My next trip is in January and I'm simply a bundle of energy waiting to book. (It doesn't help that my bonus just came in, which is my vacation money and I really want to put it down so I don't accidentally spend it. :D)

So right now I'm just playing the waiting game. If I were traveling later in the year it would be easer to bear.

Soul_Power
03-11-2008, 01:48 AM
So I have until August to convince my boyfriend (Mr. "It's too early to go back") to take our December 2009 trip!

Wish me luck! :fingers: