PDA

View Full Version : Which All Star Resort with a 3 year Old

heatherb
03-08-2008, 01:11 PM
Just wondering which All STar Resort to reserve for a trip in April. We have a 3 year old, and she is very much so into DIsney right now. She we upgrade and stay at the Animal Kingdom Resort. Is it worth the extra money?

jbrentf
03-09-2008, 01:13 PM
We have stayed at the Movies & Sports.
For theming, Movies might be better for a younger child and the pool is a little cooler with the fountains. The Sports is more convenient in my opinion as you can walk to McDonalds if you don'th have a car and you are the 1st bus stop for departures and arrivals when the bus is shared amont the 3 all stars which means your daughter could usually have a seat in stead of standing. Hope this helps.

kdssmorse
03-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Save your money and stay at Pop Century. It is the newest value resort.
It has its own bus, it does not share with any other resorts and only has one stop within Pop. We have stayed at all 3 levels 2 princesses 4 & 8 and we have found it is not worth the extra $ to upgrade hotels. All the buses get crowded, that is part of the experience.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-09-2008, 11:21 PM
I say Movies.:thumbsup:

We stayed there four times before we joined DVC and always had a great time. Buses were busy but, never too much of an issue. You just expect that with the Value's.

We were not fans of Pop at all. Way too big of a resort for us. Big resort means more people, of course. It may only have one bus stop but, the large amount of rooms still leave the buses busy.

My kids loved the theming at Movies. They liked Pop's theming but, kept asking to go back to Movies...lol.

You really can't go wrong anywhere onsite in my opinion...afterall you are in WDW. Everyone just has their favorites!:thumbsup:

Have a great trip!

cal5755
03-09-2008, 11:40 PM
I definately suggest Movies or Pop for your 3 year old. Pop century has cool tie dyed food she would probably enjoy my daughter was 4 and she loved the pbj sandwiches with brightly colored bread.... Movies has a great little kiddie water play area/pool and movie icons she would like.

Personally we always stay at the values. But we like to spend a lot of time at the parks...only sleeping at the hotel or napping so paying extra money doesn't seem worth it to us.

Have a magical trip

tennantsrwe
03-10-2008, 07:38 AM
:mickey:I also vote for POP or Movies. We love the value resorts and I think they are perfectly themed for kids. Our DD 10 & 2 had a blast our last trip in Dec...we stayed at Sports. I would wait until your DD was older to do the AKL upgrade, afterall she probably won't really remember everything being so young. And what she does remember will be about the parks, trust me. We're still talking about Mickey and the rides, not the hotel. Hope this helps!!

alwaysmickey
03-11-2008, 08:16 PM
when dd was 3yo, we got some wonderful pictures of her and the icons @ the asm. they have some that are "kid sized" as well as the ones that are 3 stories tall!

in fact, i think i will go take a trip down memory lane!

animal kingdom is fantastic too but i agree with a previous poster, wait until she is a little older and she can have fun checking off the animals she sees on the check list in the rooms.

biodtl
03-12-2008, 02:36 PM
I think that the theming/icons of Movies, etc would be the most familiar to a child that age. My DD was almost 3 and loved it.

Von-Drake
03-12-2008, 02:45 PM
In August last year we stayed at POP and our room was right by the 3 story Mickey Mouse Telephone! My son had to tell Mickey Good Morning and Good Night everyday. He kept telling us that it was Big Mickey! It was so cute. Now he is into Jungle Book big time, so we requested the building with the Big Baloo and Mowgoli, can't wait until he sees them when we go in April.

WOOHOOO Just noticed that this was my 300th post.

momof3+twins
03-13-2008, 09:32 AM
If she likes the Disney characters, stay at Movies. It is really alot of fun.
Don't waste your money on AKL unless you have money just sitting around. My kids and I love Movies.

c&d
03-13-2008, 09:39 AM
I've stayed at only Movies and Sports and I would recommend Movies. I thought the way they did the resort was wonderful. We stayed in the Toy Story section and I loved Andy's room.

I would save AKL until she's a little older. I think now she would love seeing the larger than life Disney characters at her hotel.

honeebee86
03-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Having stayed at Pop almost everytime I have been to WDW (and having to stay at All Star Sports 2 times) I really thought no value resort would compare to Pop. Both times I was in Sports, it was really loud and just did not seem clean and also looked sort of run down. Well, this past Feb. I booked a room for a few nights at Movies because Pop was full. I went with my 3 younger brothers. I was so suprized with this hotel. I thought it was done more like Pop than Sports. It is the newer of the 3 All Stars and it shows. The food court was good and not overly crowded like Pop can be. Another thing to keep in mind is that Pop is great but is larger than each indivisual All Star hotel. So at least with the All Stars your breaking up the crowd levels with more food courts and pools among them. Also, being able to be surrounded by some of the most lovable disney movie's didn't hurt! I recommend Movies!