PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Bully

lovemykaitlyn
03-08-2008, 09:45 AM
My husband points out that Pete is a bully to Mickey. At first I didn't pay much attention to him, but now I tend to agree. We don't keep our daughter from watching it, it was just an observation. Has anyone else had the same thought? :boxing:

BronxTigger
03-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Wasn't Pete the bully in Steamboat Willie? And in Mickey's Toontown at MK, Pete's Auto Shop is closed because the key is stuck in the "gas tank" because of a prank or something. I forget the whole story.

Madame Leona
03-08-2008, 11:29 AM
I've noticed. I just try to point out to my ds (2) when Pete is being nice and when he is being mean. I think you just have to treat everything as a learning experience.

BelleKP
03-08-2008, 01:44 PM
I've noticed. I just try to point out to my ds (2) when Pete is being nice and when he is being mean. I think you just have to treat everything as a learning experience.

I too noticed this . . . and do the same thing. We talk about when Pete is being mean, or if something was not nice. It's still much better than most programming out there! Thank goodness for PHD! :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-08-2008, 08:06 PM
In 80 years, Pete hasn't changed. He's been the same he was since Steamboat Willie, if not nicer than he was then.

I think Spongebob is worse than Mickey anyday, and Dora is just annoying.

DakotaDisney
03-08-2008, 11:44 PM
Pete has always been the bad guy/good guy character, that always teaches right and wrong.

He usually does something that is not right, but learns a lesson in the end and apologizes. If you are going to teach a lesson about right and wrong you have to have some character to teach the lesson with.

Mickey is also a good example of friendship and forgiveness of how he treats Pete. I happened to see the Easter episode this morning and that's exactly what happens with Pete and Mickey. In the end Pete learns a lesson, apologizes and helps Mickey.

Like you said it is a good way to teach your kids about bullying and doing what's right, being nice and forgiveness, etc.

i'm grumpy
03-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Pete is a bully and I cringe when my 2 YO neice asks where he is. EEK!

murphy1
03-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Yes, I have noticed, too, but Disney movies and shows are so full of bullies. Look at all their movies where they have the popular girl or guy who is snotty with their little gang of friends who follow them around.

Ian
03-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Pete's been a bully since he first appeared in Steamboat Willie like ... 70 years ago, or something.

I think sometimes people forget that showing kids how not to behave is just as important as showing them how to behave.

You have to have a bad guy to play the heavy to the good guy, otherwise there wouldn't be any good guys.