PDA

View Full Version : wdw vs dorney park in pa

sheltie
03-08-2008, 08:22 AM
i am taking a friend with me to wdw this june this is her first time ever at wdw. she asked me how wdw was compared to dorney park because she was there last summer. now i have never been there so i can not tell her. i have been to knoebels a local park and i told her that knoebels is a drop in a bucket compared to wdw:thumbsup:

beckylovestink
03-08-2008, 09:27 AM
The only comparison is that Dorney has a water park.
WDW is cleaner, larger, friendlier, and much more magical. DOrney has thrill rides and smaller rides...but WDW is much larger and has several parks that you can visit areas of your liking.
In my mind trying to compare Dorney to WDW (and I have been to both) is like trying to compare a pond to a beach.
Have a great time...neither of you will be let down!:D

wdwfansince75
03-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Once upon a time.....Dorney Park was a small local park, with the parking lot and a wooden Roller Coaster on one side of a country road, and most of the other rides on the other side of the road. It has grown markedly since that time, but it is just an amusement park.....good coasters, and a few unique ones, but it is just rides, games, and fast food stands along crowded pathways.....few attractions for the entire family, and no real theme. Dark rides do not compare at all with PoTC or HM.....or even with Peter Pan.... more like Snow White....

And the staff (not cast members) are about as customer oriented as typical fast food workers....there are exceptions to this, including my nephew Jonathan, when he worked there.

Dorney Park is a seasonal park....investment on infrastructure is premised on quick return...emphasis is on rides. All non-ride infrastructure only what is necessary to do the function.

Dorney Park is a great teenagers park, or a day trip for young families.....My slightly older sister, who lives in Bethlehem, prefers Knoebles as a park for younger kids, and says it is more nostalgic than Dorney.

Ultimately, nothing is really comparable to WDW.....that is part of "getting it".....it is simply unlike anything or anywhere else.

ibrowse17
03-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Apples and oranges. That is the best way to compare them.

goofiecrazy
03-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Where in PA is Knoebles?

tinklover
03-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Knoebles Amusement Resort is hidden in the hills of Central Pennsylvania, just outside the tiny town of Elysburg, I hope this helps .

JoAnnPan
03-08-2008, 11:26 AM
World's Apart!! (no pun intended). I have been to Dorney twice and will never, ever return.

Like comparing Filet Mignon to a White Castle Burger. :mickey:

NJ Camper
03-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Agree like great adveture here in NJ its fun but its a amusement park 1 maybe 2 days tops disney you could spend a week at and still miss things 4 parks ,2 water parks, downtown disney and hundreds of places to eat from snacks to fancy dinners plus everything is themed not just a bunch of metal or wooden rides and fastfood stands
have been to both and Dorney like Great Adventure is fun but NO and i mean NO comparision to disney disney is a vacation destination the other 2 are day trips